The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Schroeder was not impressive from what I saw tonight. Seemed to float around alot and wait for other players to retrieve the puck. Hopefully he plays better in the final, but not too good. wink.gif

yep pretty much unnoticeable. Had a few good shifts with some missed opportunities from his line mates. noticed that alot of his passes were tipped away harmlessly!!

He is like 5 th on team USA in scoring. Brutal. His NCAA season has not been impressive in the slightest this year either. Disappointed so far with this kid, but he still has a long way to go. Hope he starts taking hockey a little more seriously.

Minny should be banging on their head for not picking Shredder....... I know i would

Why? Both his play in the NCAA and in the World Juniors has declined since last season. It is not like he is having a breakout year. This season he is getting points at half the rate of last year.

Why? Both his play in the NCAA and in the World Juniors has declined since last season. It is not like he is having a breakout year. This season he is getting points at half the rate of last year.

It seems to me that he's lost some confidence this year... Probably because his poor play on the Gophers. I would hardly say its his fault though, his linemates this year on the Gophers and on team USA are not nearly as good. Last year he had Wilson and Van Riemsdyk on his line. It's too bad he's not playing with Kreider, that guys awesome...

He seems to have some smarts on positioning. But is he ever small! Even Kane looks bigger than him. Quite honestly I didn't see what got him to where he is. He did some nice passing in the Swiss game. I watched lower drafts on the Canada/USA teams that I thought played better than Schroeder and Rodin.

he's got a lot of speed, great with the puck, and makes some killer passes. Sweden is extremely tight defensively and clogged the passing lanes for everyone all night, limiting Schroeder's passes, but he still handled the puck very well (though there were times when he really should have shot from high % areas, but tried to pass instead). You guys are just looking for stuff to complain about now.

he's got a lot of speed, great with the puck, and makes some killer passes. Sweden is extremely tight defensively and clogged the passing lanes for everyone all night, limiting Schroeder's passes, but he still handled the puck very well (though there were times when he really should have shot from high % areas, but tried to pass instead). You guys are just looking for stuff to complain about now.

You're on CDC bud. They look to complain about anything, and when Schroeder tears it up like Raymond and Edler. Everyone will cal. Gillis a genius.

They all have their panties in a bunch as usual about our prospects.

omgz!!! Kopitarzzzzzz

You're on CDC bud. They look to complain about anything, and when Schroeder tears it up like Raymond and Edler. Everyone will cal. Gillis a genius.

They all have their panties in a bunch as usual about our prospects.

omgz!!! Kopitarzzzzzz

so true. We should be happy we even landed him at the draft. The Nucks said they were thinking of picking Rodin in the first round so we pretty much picked up Schroeder for free (in a way :P ) since we managed to get Anton in the 2nd round. I hope he becomes a solid player.

Highest scoring player for USA in World Junior history. That tournament has been going since 1977.

Yeah, sure - he sucks.

------------------------

Not too long ago we were looking for anything, even a glimmer of something positive, from Patrick White. Now we have a guy who looks like a stud, and all I hear is bit***ng about how he's not as dominant as last year. Maybe he's not, but it's a long year.

Highest scoring player for USA in World Junior history. That tournament has been going since 1977.

Yeah, sure - he sucks.

------------------------

Not too long ago we were looking for anything, even a glimmer of something positive, from Patrick White. Now we have a guy who looks like a stud, and all I hear is bit***ng about how he's not as dominant as last year. Maybe he's not, but it's a long year.

Well said

Schroeder plays with Jason Zucker and Ryan Bourque, combined for 4 points in the tourney.

Schroeder alone has 7.

Can't really blame him, I'd be pissed if I was Jordan.

Top WJC scorer for team USA and you get put on the SECOND line playing with PLUGS?

Imagine if he was playing with Stepan, Kreider, Kristo or Palmeri...

i honestly dont see as much to complain about as most of you here. this kid can skate with the best in the world already, is very smart and sees the plays develop really well and also saw him blocking shots and back-checking. the only thing he needs to work on would be his tenacity and physical play, which will be worked on once he makes the jump to the AHL. other than that he is one of the brighter stars we have coming up and should have an awesome nhl career.

Yeah, sure - he sucks.

------------------------

Who the F said he sucks?I know I didn't. Guess nobody should ever point out anything about any player unless they have Pom Poms in their hand <_<

You know, people can criticize player when he is not having his best year, then praise him when he is playing at his best without writing a player off, or shifting from fan to a non fan.You can be a fan of a player you criticize. That's called being in touch with reality. Going from being a fan, to saying a player sucks and will never improve, then back to being a fan is completely different.

I for one never said he sucked. What I did say is his NCAA season has not been spectacular, and his world junior appearance THIS YEAR has been about the same. He was much better in his last appearance IMO. He definitely has the potential to be a great NHL player though as I am sure he will.

Archived