The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

WGC Cadillac classic has a great round tomorrow.

4th round,Tiger leading with a 4 shot lead,with Mc Dowell, Mickelson and Striker right behind.Great golf so far should be iteressting to watch before the Nucks game

It's Tigers tournament to lose right now.But he's been playing reall clutch golf.

Good to see the reassugence of the Tiger.

Edited by blaise

• 5 weeks later...

Masters this week/weekend. I love watching this tournament, it's really the only good time to sit and watch golf, along with the other majors. I wonder if Tiger can reclaim his throne of being the most dominant player in golf, he got his No. 1 back, now all he needs is another major to really get back to form.

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/story/?id=420647

Tiger Woods will receive a two-stroke penalty for an illegal drop at Augusta National on Friday.

The incident happened when Woods caught a bad break on his third shot on the par-5 15th green, hitting the flagstick and going into the water.

Officials at Augusta reviewed the incident Saturday morning and assessed Woods with the two-stroke penalty. Woods will now start the third round five shots back of leader Jason Day at 1-under par instead of 3-under, bumping him from a tie for seventh into a tie for 20th on the leaderboard.

The investigation could have led to Woods' disqualification if it were deemed he dropped the ball in the wrong spot and wrongly signed his scorecard. He scored a 1-under 71 without adding the 1-stroke penalty Friday - penciling in a six instead of a seven.

Under the rules, Woods could have played from a designated drop area, dropped the ball and kept the point at which it last crossed the margin of the water between the hole and the spot on which the ball would be dropped, or return to the original spot from which he played, and drop as nearly as possible from where he played the third shot.

Woods chose the last option and he said later that he dropped two yards behind the original spot. On a CBS highlights show late Friday night, analyst David Feherty showed the replay and said he believed the drop was illegal.

After a near perfect shot that hit the flag pole to send his ball in the water at 15,now he is caught up in a major controversy,and people calling for him to drop out of the Masters tournament.

I don't know enough about the whole edicate in golf,but it sur is tarnashing a great start to his tournament.He will start at -1 ,5 shots back of the leader.

Check out the commentaries after the story and decide what he should do.

thought golf was a game of honour? Then again Woods doesn't have the best character as we all know. He signed a incorrect score card, but because it's Woods and CBS needs the ratings there are different rules for different players. When are they going to give Woods a 1 stroke penalty for taking more then 40 seonds to put after he addresses his ball. What a joke giving the 14 year old kid a penalty when Woods take 3 minutes to put.

thought golf was a game of honour? Then again Woods doesn't have the best character as we all know. He signed a incorrect score card, but because it's Woods and CBS needs the ratings there are different rules for different players. When are they going to give Woods a 1 stroke penalty for taking more then 40 seonds to put after he addresses his ball. What a joke giving the 14 year old kid a penalty when Woods take 3 minutes to put.

From what I heard,they can't disqualify on a TV judgment.I guess a TV viewer called in the offence.Plus the incorrect score card is irrelevent cause the offence wasn't adressed till this morning.

So a 2 stroke penalty is just in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

PGA Championship this weekend, last major f the season. I'm glad I'll be going on my days off, a chance to watch golf during the only time I like watching golf (during majors). I'm thinking Tiger can bust his major slump with the momentum he has from last week's win, but Lefty could give him a good run for his money.

I golf 2-3 times a week. currently up in houston but just for the summer. I play all over kelowna and the Fraser Valley when i live there. Favorite BC course is predator ridge. Handicap was as low as a 4.9 earlier but up to a 6.1 now.

i play a Callaway Diablo Edge Tour driver and 3wood

Nike Slingshot irons :sadno:

Cleveland Wedges

and a Oddyssey 2-ball Putter

I drive an average of about 300 but getting it to go straight is more of an issue at times.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Congrats to Mike Weir, 2nd place finish at the Byron Nelson. Best result for him in many, many years. Hopefully, he's finally healthy.

Good on him for using the medical exemption to get himself back in contention to get his touring card back, really easy to just mail it in with all the injury problems he's had.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...