The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn't of happen to a more entitled douche. 

Honestly when is the media going to remove their collective nose from his ass?  He's done, he's career is over.  He's a prick, a moron, and slowly becoming a lost cause.  $750million dollars can buy you a fleet of drivers to drive your sorry ass around town while you stick your putter in some gold digger's sand bunker(no matter how small it is).

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Couldn't of happen to a more entitled douche. 

Honestly when is the media going to remove their collective nose from his ass?  He's done, he's career is over.  He's a prick, a moron, and slowly becoming a lost cause.  $750million dollars can buy you a fleet of drivers to drive your sorry ass around town while you stick your putter in some gold digger's sand bunker(no matter how small it is).

Gonna be okay friend?

Tiger Woods' 2015 Mercedes-Benz showed signs of "fresh damage" on the driver's side of the vehicle when he was found asleep at the wheel the morning of his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, police records show.

New documents released late Tuesday afternoon by Jupiter, Florida, police reveal that both tire rims on the driver's side of the Mercedes had minor damage and the front and rear tires on that side of the vehicle were flat.
Police also observed damage to the bumper on the driver's side, white scrapes and scuffs on the rear bumper, and the passenger side rear taillight was not working, according to the documents.
Jupiter police discovered Woods early Monday on the side of the road, with his car running, its brake lights illuminated and right turn signal flashing, according to the arrest report released earlier Tuesday. He was by himself and wearing his seat belt.
The report said Woods had to be awakened and that his speech was slurred. Woods told police he was coming from golfing in Los Angeles and he didn't know where he was, the document said. According to the report, he later changed his story and asked how far he was from his house. Woods has a home on Jupiter Island.
The report said Woods also told police he "takes several prescriptions."

Woods took a Breathalyzer test, registering 0.000 on it, and a urine test, the report said. The report noted the golfer was cooperative.
On Monday, Woods said in a statement that alcohol was not involved and that he had "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications."

In a statement to CNN and other media outlets, Woods, rehabbing from back surgery, said he did not realize the mix of medications "had affected me so strongly."
"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said.
Woods is set to make his first court appearance July 5, according to records released Tuesday.

Guys, it's possible Woods took meds or a combination thereof that he didn't realize would affect his driving significantly. He was pulled over when they found him, not actively driving. Playing the devil's advocate here, but let's see what facts come out in the legal system before condemning him as the spawn of Satan perhaps? I think it's likely he messed up big time, but things do happen.

The comments about him hiring drivers to taxi him around are spot on though I'll admit, especially after this point, there's no reason he shouldn't be doing that.

Edit: Just some personal experiences where people claimed certain drugs (say, Gravol, things like that but it applies to any prescription drugs too) did them right and they had no after effects, whereas I tried them and was wiped out completely for a day afterward. Drugs affect people differently than others, I'd like to see the evidence from an investigation before passing judgment.

Edited by Moonshinefe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello Golf goers.

I am in the market for some new wedges (ideally a 52 & 60 degree). Any recommendations? The Vokey's are beautiful but also expensive to buy new. I am a student although I have enough money saved up from working to justify a $200ish between the two clubs. I don't mind looking for previous models (say the Vokey SM5 vs the new SM6).

Has anyone played the blue ion Mizunos? The blue will wear but how is the club?

Thanks in advance.

I should add that I shoot in the 90s

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

• 3 weeks later...

Been really killing it out there this summer. Just had my best round ever today. 67 (-5) at Pheasant Glen GC from the Blacks.

I've been a scratch golfer since I was 16, but never could get better because I just couldn't hit a driver. I'd basically play every round with my 3 iron as my longest hitting club. 

So this spring I decided to change my swing altogether. I needed to be able to hit a consistent 275+ yd shot, if I wanted to actually play my best. I'm so glad I did. I've never been playing better. I even shot a 70 (-2) at Morningstar GC from the Tips. It's 7300 yards from those tees!

Never could do that with only having a 230 yd shot off the tee...