The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Corrado was great vs CHI on Monday. He had...at the very least...2 memorable hits. One was upon Kane & a referee simultaneously...a freakin' 2-fer! The whole crowd cheered just for him....when he made a brilliant defensive play thwarting a breakaway pass to Kane by batting the puck down & out of mid-air.

Edler & Corrado were more-than-fine as a D-pairing & the kid even made a few of forays deep into the offensive zone. Could not have asked for a better outting from this kid in an NHL debut game. He was well-deserving of the Game's 3rd star.

Keep it up Frankie! All we've got to do now folks...is await his 1st NHL goal & come-up with a suitable nic-name. 'Cuz all indications are....even if the D-corps is healthier...that AV may have Corrado racing up his depth chart & make him a bona fide starter for these play-offs...sooner than later.

Corrado is a beauty. I was very impressed with how he played against the Hawks.

That game gave even more evidence of why Steve Spott is a completely incompetent fool and should never be anywhere near Team Canada's WJC team.

and then he turns around and trades for him in kitchener. sorta makes me wonder how much politicing was going on during selections.

Edler-Corrado sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. As much as I hate to say it, Ballard-Edler may be a bit better. Or maybe even split up Hamhuis-Garrison?

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Corrado

Ballard - Alberts

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Ballard

Alberts - Corrado

One of those two

really? Corrado is exactly who Edler has been waiting for ever since, Ehrhoff left followed by Salo.

I hope Tanev puts on some weight this summer, same with Corrado - if he can bulk to 200, then those hits he throws will be significant.

My pairings for next year:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Edler - Corrado

Alberts

Ballard gets waived or bought out, as we can't afford his cap. I think we'll see the young guys get rotated out every now and then.

I hope Tanev puts on some weight this summer, same with Corrado - if he can bulk to 200, then those hits he throws will be significant.

My pairings for next year:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Edler - Corrado

Alberts

Ballard gets waived or bought out, as we can't afford his cap. I think we'll see the young guys get rotated out every now and then.

I'd like to see this.

I'd also like to see Tanev be told he needs to gain 10 pounds and work on his shot before next season. Tanev would garner much more attention league wide if he actually had a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about being thrown into the fire eh!

He got a fair amount of shifts in OT yesterday. And he had that one good shot from the point. Would have been hilarious if he scored the GWG. Makes me wonder why he gets a shot but Cody Hodgson was never given a fair shot at playing a meaningful role here.

Either way, good experience for Corrado

Talk about being thrown into the fire eh!

He got a fair amount of shifts in OT yesterday. And he had that one good shot from the point. Would have been hilarious if he scored the GWG. Makes me wonder why he gets a shot but Cody Hodgson was never given a fair shot at playing a meaningful role here.

Either way, good experience for Corrado

because we didn't have a choice but to play frankie, AV always had an excuse not to play cody in a meaningful role. too many other options up front, not so much on the back end, especially right handers.

because we didn't have a choice but to play frankie, AV always had an excuse not to play cody in a meaningful role. too many other options up front, not so much on the back end, especially right handers.

That's the thing though - AV put a rookie higher up on the depth chart than both Ballard and Barker. I mean, neither of those two guys is an elite level D man, but it's awfully risky to put a rookie into an elimination playoff game. Nothing Corrado did was heinous and it's certainly not like we lost because of him...I just think it's an interesting call by AV.

That's the thing though - AV put a rookie higher up on the depth chart than both Ballard and Barker. I mean, neither of those two guys is an elite level D man, but it's awfully risky to put a rookie into an elimination playoff game. Nothing Corrado did was heinous and it's certainly not like we lost because of him...I just think it's an interesting call by AV.

it certainly did go against his mantra. i'd play a monkey on skates before I played Barker, but I like Ballard, and think he should have dressed instead of alberts. regardless, neither one of those decisions would have won the game. issues lie up front, not out back.

Archived