The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What... Just about anybody who doesn't like Utd or Real Madrid hates him... They can't stand him posing, being arrogant, diving or what ever they come up with....

That discussion has been here as well.

Fact is the man has a heart of gold...

I never heard anything about him off the field.  Plus, he's fun to watch play.  I've been a fan since his debut with Portugal in that Euro Cup all those years ago.  What was he, 17?  No surprise Man U wins a bunch of championships while he's on their team.  

3 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

there is no MLS thread, but is anyone here watching Toronto FC vs. Montreal? extremely entertaining game.

Watched the highlights and I have to say that was a very entertaining game. Montreal were up early but Toronto kept fighting and clawing themselves back into the game. They're a pretty good team but I think Seattle will win the MLS cup. Not to take anything away from Toronto. Seattle has a few clutch players in their team like Morris, Valdez, Lodeiro and that's only a few players. That's why Colorado had a tough time facing this team.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

I never heard anything about him off the field.  Plus, he's fun to watch play.  I've been a fan since his debut with Portugal in that Euro Cup all those years ago.  What was he, 17?  No surprise Man U wins a bunch of championships while he's on their team.  

Loved to watch Ronaldo, while he was at Old Trafford... He was just electrifying. And together with a younger Rooney, we had one of the most lethal attacks in European football. 3 C/L finals in 4 years is testament to that... 

Best of all, he's never forgotten Utd after leaving for RM. Class act, top star... 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

there is no MLS thread, but is anyone here watching Toronto FC vs. Montreal? extremely entertaining game.

I was. Great game, as was the first leg.

My favorite moment was when Beitashour played that perfect ball in for Cheyrou. Always liked SB when he was with the 'Caps and it's nice to see him succeed, even if it is in Toronto.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2679600-cristiano-ronaldo-jose-mourinho-among-many-accused-of-tax-evasion-laundering

A number of big names in world football, including Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, have been implicated after investigations into tax evasion, money laundering and corruption in the sport.

As Agence France-Presse reported on Friday (via Yahoo Sports), 12 European newspapers, including German outlet Der Spiegel, have united under the banner of "Football Leaks" and are publishing their findings. 

Among their allegations is the claim Ronaldo has hidden over €150 million in Switzerland and the British Virgin Islands, benefiting from a system created by his agent, Jorge Mendes. Mourinho has allegedly hidden €12 million, per the European Investigative Collaborations (EIC).

Per Der Siegel (h/t Sport Witness), Arsenal star Mesut Ozil has also been implicated:

Football Leaks has also named AS Monaco's Radamel Falcao, another Mendes client, according to Get French Football News

More revelations are expected in the coming days.   

On 1.12.2016 at 0:23 AM, spook007 said:

Fact is the man has a heart of gold...

Yeah... sure.

4 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Interesting story.

Big difference between tax evasion and money laundering/corruption...

Doesn't change the fact he gave 3 million in charity.

Funny, didn't see too many comments about Messi, Neymar etc. .... 

24 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Christian Pulisic

Oh. And then this happened:

Went absolutely bonkers after that beauty. :frantic::frantic::frantic:

The second one happened then the first one ;). Great run and backheel! Will be interesting to see if Dortmund can hold off all of the clubs looking to sign him. If not at least plays like this should earn them a few more euros.

Yeah. Just found the first video before the second.

Don't think it's about holding off clubs right now. There's no better place for him at the moment to develop. He just turned 18 and the contract will very likely be renewed during the winter. We will hold the summer training camp in the US for the next 2 years, as far as I remember. Don't think we will give up on that marketing opportunity by selling him.

Edited by Lateralus91

20 hours ago, otherwise said:

David Luiz should have been red carded in the first half.

Bravo, and all the defenders apart from Stones that were on the pitch today need to go.

This Ref needs to go.

I might have more to say later. This is BS.

https://streamable.com/sulg

Aguero should've been red carded in the end of the match.

Also get rekt Fabregas

https://streamable.com/3b3q

I'm starting to believe Mourinho that United are one of 'unluckiest' teams in the Premier League. Fellaini cost this team a win and should be gone in January window. No discipline at all. Should've kept Mkhitaryan in the game. He looked lively. Ibra scored a nice goal with the keeper way out and was able to get a chip over him. He's starting to heat up as of late. 4 goals in 5.  Again, United should've won today. Did everything right but not grabbing the 3 points. Disappointing but only way I can the team making it into Champs League is Europa League. No way they can qualify for Champs League through PL with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Spurs doing good unless one of those teams go downhill. Hope they really get it going though. It's been like 5 draws in a row. Go United!

• Upvote 1