The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

I disagree with you to an extent. L.A does not have a 1st round pick in this years draft. Your information is not up to date, as they traded it to Columbus already in the Carter trade. Howson said, he's looking to improve on goaltending. What does 2 years mean? Sure he's 2 years older then Bernier, but what is that? Is Benrier going to help their goalie situation? Is Benrier even playing good right now? I can tell you Schneider's been excellent, and if you ask me in that regards, we have the better goalie offer then what L.A has, we also have a 1st round pick, and they don't , maybe they have better prospects, but again Howson said he's looking to improve goaltending.

I disagree with you to an extent.  L.A does not have a 1st round pick in this years draft.  Your information is not up to date, as they traded it to Columbus already in the Carter trade.  Howson said, he's looking to improve on goaltending.  What does 2 years mean?  Sure he's 2 years older then Bernier, but what is that?   Is Benrier going to help their goalie situation?  Is Benrier even playing good right now?  I can tell you Schneider's been excellent, and if you ask me in that regards, we have the better goalie offer then what L.A has, we also have a 1st round pick, and they don't , maybe they have better prospects, but again Howson said he's looking to improve goaltending.

Schneider right now is worth CBJs first overall pick and then some. Bernier might have the same potential, but fact is Corys won consistently in this league when given the chance. Adding Schneider, along with Jack Johnson, Brassard, Johanson, and maybe a big time sniper in the summer (Parise?) I think it would be extremely hard for Nash to resist being part of that nucleaus. As good as Yakupov is, the chances of CBJ making it to the playoffs is almost guaranteed

Schneider right now is worth CBJs first overall pick and then some. Bernier might have the same potential, but fact is Corys won consistently in this league when given the chance. Adding Schneider, along with Jack Johnson, Brassard, Johanson, and maybe a big time sniper in the summer (Parise?) I think it would be extremely hard for Nash to resist being part of that nucleaus. As good as Yakupov is, the chances of CBJ making it to the playoffs is almost guaranteed

... in fact, a number one overall pick is so valuable compared to a second overall pick, which incidently Columbus now has, that the Canucks could trade Schneider for the 2nd overall pick; that's how valuable a 1st overall is.

The Canucks still have a chance to exchange Schneider Columbus' 2nd overall and draft Grigorenko, Murray or even Yakupov if the Oilers decide not to select the obvious route.

TSN compared Ryan Murray to Trevor Linden whereby Linden will be a piece to build a team around while Modano, or Grigorenko, have star quality.

In theory, this draft could be Vancouver's to chose second overall.

If Columbus is more willing to deal their pick now that they have the second overall, I would love to see the Canucks draft Grigorenko.

This guy is too good to pass up, I have a feeling he will be better than Yakupov. He may not put up as many points, but I think he'll be way mor dynamic.

I think this will be a case of Ovechkin Vs Malkin, excpect obviously neither of these guys will be as good.

Or if we wanna deal for the Maple Leafs number 5 pick, we could draft Forsberg or Dumba. Both are beasts, it just depends whether we want a forward or a defenceman.

It sounds like Burke is going to be desperate for a goaltender this offseason.

Did Bure really like it here in Vancouver? :sick:

I was not aware Gillis was his agent. Was he at the time Burke traded him for Jovo?

Makes you wonder how MG got our job... :bigblush:

Nail Yakupov's agent = Igor Larionov

Bure's mentor in Vancouver... Igor Larionov.

;)

Although realistically, I don't see Vancouver making a pitch for Yakupov. I would love to see it happen though.

I could see Montreal going hard at moving up in this draft to get Grigorenko.

They have a pretty solid D-core already, with a young stud (Subban) and 2 bluechip studs in their system (Tinordi, Beauilieu). Their franchise goalie is young, and they are fairly deep prospect-wise on the wings. The one glaring need they have is a big #1 center.

Edmonton may prefer to draft a D-man, and Columbus will probably want to avoid another Russian disaster, so either team could be a trading partner.

How many games have u watched this year?

Here's a question for ya:

What if we flame out early in the playoffs (1st or 2nd round) and Burrows has a repeat of his '09-'10 postseason numbers (3g 3a 6pts but 2 of those 3 goals were empty netters) despite playing with the twins? Would you start to question whether or not the twins were still benefiting from his play?

Is it worth giving up Schneider for Ryan Murray? I think a better trade for both teams would be Schneider for Jenner and Savard (other pieces thrown in).Jenner would slot nicely onto our 3rd line for the 13/14 season and Savard could role into Salo's slot once he retires. in 13/14 we could possibly have an effective 3rd line centre and number 4 dman for under 1 million each. This would open up a lot of space to spend elsewhere.

We would also have Eddie Lack as back-up, who could potentially be as good as Schneider.

Is it worth giving up Schneider for Ryan Murray? I think a better trade for both teams would be Schneider for Jenner and Savard (other pieces thrown in).Jenner would slot nicely onto our 3rd line for the 13/14 season and Savard could role into Salo's slot once he retires. in 13/14 we could possibly have an effective 3rd line centre and number 4 dman for under 1 million each. This would open up a lot of space to spend elsewhere.

We would also have Eddie Lack as back-up, who could potentially be as good as Schneider.

Archived