Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Great Pitb Article Regarding "the Trade"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#121 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Pahlsson is replacing Malholtra not Hodgson...like Booth replaced Raymond.

#122 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Your comments are simply flatulent. You got all pissed because someone disagreed with you and while still agreeing with you in generral about Hodgsons deficiencies in playing hockey you get your panties in a twitter and in bright bold colors and underlining you answer my post. If you are such a caring well mannered individual why all the the big bolded, bright colors and the trite, sarcastic quips at the end of all your insignificant posts.

Then you have the nads to suggest that I am condescending. Give me a break you hypocrite, there is nothing wrong with my comprehensions skills. Your vanity is just a simple mirrored immage of your character as a person. You try to flaunt the knowledge you think you ultimately possess. You wanted to show the gallery here on CDC that you think you know all there is to know about hockey and how to assess the talents and liabilities of hockey players. You have not substantiated anything you have written. I will however submit to the fact that you may have "googled" it like some wannabee showoffs do on occassion to prove their ineffectual point.

Until you can convince me your expertise in this matter far exceeds the knowledge of the commoners that frequent these here hockey haunts, I will continue to recognize you as just a mere Joe Schmuk like all of us who simply has an opinion in these threads.

Do you get my drift because I don't think I can get much clearer than that Mr. Millerdraft.

I'm going to ignore all the direct insults (let's just call it even and try to have an actual discussion from here on out, okay?) and ask you what it is that you would need to see in order to believe that Cody Hodgson (or an other pure offensive player for that matter) was playing what is commonly referred to as "soft & sheltered minutes"?

Edited by Millerdraft, 08 April 2012 - 03:41 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#123 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I think people mistaken it because in the end it WAS Hodgson for Kassian, and I do agree, if Mike Gillis told the GM world that he was currently taking offers for Hodgson, he would have gotten a lot of offers, not sure if it was good, but It looks like Gillis and the Staff was after Kassian no matter what. Which is fine. One part of the trade I wish might have changed was M.A.G. I personally wouldn't care if instead of him, we got Robyn Regher or a Jordan Leopold. He wanted youth, but MAG might not ever make it in the NHL as a regular. So yea.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#124 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think people mistaken it because in the end it WAS Hodgson for Kassian, and I do agree, if Mike Gillis told the GM world that he was currently taking offers for Hodgson, he would have gotten a lot of offers, not sure if it was good, but It looks like Gillis and the Staff was after Kassian no matter what. Which is fine. One part of the trade I wish might have changed was M.A.G. I personally wouldn't care if instead of him, we got Robyn Regher or a Jordan Leopold. He wanted youth, but MAG might not ever make it in the NHL as a regular. So yea.

5. Couple of teams did ask about Hodgson at the deadline. It's been reported that Dallas wanted him in exchange for Steve Ott. Toronto tried, too.

6. Vancouver "targeted" a few clubs that had the kind of player it wanted in exchange. Obviously, Buffalo was one (and Kassian was very high on the list). I believe the others were Carolina, Washington, Florida and one more I can't nail down. Don't know what the Canucks wanted from the Hurricanes. But, almost certain they asked for Brandon Sutter (can't see it, GM Jim Rutherford loves him) and an educated guess is the wanted Capital was young defenceman John Carlson.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/03/grabovskis-deal-fair-for-both-sides-30-thoughts.html

It wasn't just Kassian or bust. Gillis wanted Gudbranson, Carlsson, Sutter and no one bit. I wonder what people would've said if we landed Gudbranson for Hodgson instead. Defencemen take even longer to develop than powerforwards (generally speaking) so I'm guessing reaction would've been the same?

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#125 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Not that it counts for anything but I'm going with Millerdraft here, SimplyHockey.

His argument is very much stronger than yours.

Hey, I am fine with that however you have to read my original first post to him and his sarcastic retort. I generally agreed with the context of his first post but it all went south from there and we ranted back and forth with each other. His use of large red font, underlining and final quip "Is that clear enough for you?" was far to sarcastic in my opinion. Oh well, c'est la vie kids will be kids.
"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#126 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm going to ignore all the direct insults (let's just call it even and try to have an actual discussion from here on out, okay?) and ask you what it is that you would need to see in order to believe that Cody Hodgson (or an other pure offensive player for that matter) was playing what is commonly referred to as "soft & sheltered minutes"?

I am fine with that and there is no need to explain what is meant by soft and sheltered minutes as I understand the concept. To get back on a more even level, I offer my apologies for the remarks I directed toward you.
"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#127 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

I am fine with that and there is no need to explain what is meant by soft and sheltered minutes as I understand the concept. To get back on a more even level, I offer my apologies for the remarks I directed toward you.

Apology accepted and I would also like to apologize for everything that offended and/or disrespected you.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.