The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

The change in attitude will have to come from the players. It is pretty clear from AV and the players that AV lets the "experienced leaders" in the room motivate and figure out how prepare.

I can see value in making them take responsibility but with AV it comes across as too much delegation and not taking responsibiliy.

Kesler IS one of the leaders in that room. If he is going to be a circus act on the ice, like he was last night, how is that going to motivate the team or encourage them to play tough hockey?

Hanks was almost as bad so you have our 2 top "leaders" putting on a pathetic and embarrassing display of embellishing everything they can and whining at the refs after every incidental contact.

Just bloody embarrassing. After defending this tema against all the accusations of this kind of behaviour (even writing to mainstream media about their bias against the Nucks) I feel totally betrayed by the core group.

GIve me Jarome Iginla ove Kesler any day!!

Alllll these people dogpiling on Kesler in this thread.....

I still support #17 as long as he wears a 'Nucks jersey (not blindly, he has been having issues lately, no doubt). Don't like diving...from anyone, not just Kesler but the fact of the matter is this stuff is going on with each and every team playing in the postseason every year since the lockout and previously as well. Granted, diving seemed to occur less back in the day but maybe that is just history coloring my vision when I think about it now.

Seems a bit harsh to single out one guy for all this hate.

I'll defend the Canucks to the end. They are my team after all. But I do wish they'd just play hockey. Enough with diving, antics, what ever you want to call it. If you get tripped then you get tripped. Don't play like a little girl when you feel the stick on your skate and go limp like one sportscaster called Sedin on. Just play damnit. Check. Hit. Score. Win. Done. Our team is talented enough where they don't have to play that way. Leave that junk to Boston or Chicago.

Alllll these people dogpiling on Kesler in this thread.....

I still support #17 as long as he wears a 'Nucks jersey (not blindly, he has been having issues lately, no doubt). Don't like diving...from anyone, not just Kesler but the fact of the matter is this stuff is going on with each and every team playing in the postseason every year since the lockout and previously as well. Granted, diving seemed to occur less back in the day but maybe that is just history coloring my vision when I think about it now.

Seems a bit harsh to single out one guy for all this hate.

Gillis needs to get this sh*t to stop....seriously...

Our "captain" is too passive to do it and is a part of this embarrassment.

Vigneault is just a complete baffoon, we know he cant coach a team of players...just runs his redundant system...has no people skills.

Its up to Gillis to step up and show some balls to get this team to stop embellishing and being classless.....its pure garbage

Kesler and co need to have the eye of the tiger, not the eye of the housecat like what i saw last night. Luongo has it, he was kicking ass except that one goal they got from the side of the net. But that was a tricky one from the way it was released. Liked what i saw from booth.

Shut your mouth and and play hockey. Im hoping AV does his job here on this one. Boys gotta play with a little more brain too, that bitz major was pretty dumb, i hope he doesnt get suspended but i feel that would be a game or two during the regular season. I think he expected him to turn around and recieve the hit square.

What pisses people off the most with Kesler is that he is a world class player and a game changer. However, he has chosen the path of embellisher and complainer.

Where is the Kesler that single handedly crushed Nashville all by himself last year?

One tip to Kes. If you want to sell a dive, DON'T look at the ref right afterwards.Could you make it any more obvious what you're doing? Geez, this guy couldn't sell a heater to an Eskimo.

One last thing and I admit this is my own personal gripe. Please get a real haircut, you look like a G*d damn tool. You're a 27 year old man not a 19 year old frat boy. You might as well get corn rows or shave a design into your scalp.

If you want to be a leader please look and act like one, not a circus clown. Once again, just my own personal gripe. I am sure the guys in the dressing room can get by that.

hero if you win , villian if you lose . while i am in no way defending keslers antics i am pretty sure this thread would not exist if we had won the game .it amazes me that he has gone from being the heart of our team , to "he has peaked and his best years are behind him . my feeling is his injury from last year has affected him more than we thought and this is showing in his frustration .

Archived