The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So Out Of The 2 We Pick Cory. Possible Destinations For Lou?

mshtws

Pro/con list of starting Schneider over Luongo:

- Luongo has more big game experience

- Schneider can be showcased even more before the offseason

- If Schneider gets lit up his value goes down

- Luongo has a tendency to overplay the shots when he doesn't trust his defense

- Luongo gets harassed more on the road (or at home :()

- It could rattle Luongo's faith in the team's trust in him moving forward

- Luongo is a better puck handler so the Canucks can't break out as well with Schneider in net (Luongo is sub par but Schneider is beyond bad)

- Schneider plays a more consistent style

- Luongo is better conditioned

There's no right or wrong answer. The only correct person is the one who can see the future and judging by the amount of people that predicted Canucks over kings in a sweep I'm guessing not that many.

That is AV's decision. Therefore, AV is 95% gone after the season. Gillis will decide who stays.

I know Schneider is the obvious choice, but if Schneider can get us a superstar (example Nash) and Luongo can only get us a 2-3rd line player (example Ryan Clowe)...(those guys are not proposal just examples)

Are we better off with

Nash-Luongo

or

Schneider-Clowe

A 33 year old goalie signed till he is nearly 42, I doubt you will get a team to ante up multiple assets. And even if someone is crazy enough to trade something significant for him, its quite likely that Luongo will decline that trade. I know you guys will hate me for saying it but Gillis has no leverage in a Luongo deal.

A 33 year old goalie signed till he is nearly 42, I doubt you will get a team to ante up multiple assets. And even if someone is crazy enough to trade something significant for him, its quite likely that Luongo will decline that trade. I know you guys will hate me for saying it but Gillis has no leverage in a Luongo deal.

I haven't done much research and would like your thoughts. The decision today means we definitely won't be getting rid of Cory S going into next year. So where do you think Lou ends up? I have no idea.... There has to be 5-8 teams out there that would love to have him to ensure they at least make the playoffs next year.

????????

WTF....seriously, how do you come up with this stuff? This just means that the Canucks are comfortable keeping both goalies.

It is a game day decision...that's all. AV thinks the team will respond tonight with Cory in net. I can't argue with that. Maybe the team is just too relaxed with Luo in net and this is a wake up call.

Archived