The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Anyone Else Think Hamius Was Hooked In Ot?

nwo

Not hooked.

The whistle before the goal I said “If AV doesn’t call a timeout kings will score. Kings are playing to end the series NOW and a timeout will kill some of their momentum and give Canucks a chance” Of course as usual no timeout and kings score.

Anyone who plays sports will know how important a well timed timeout can be. I beleive laviollete used on in each of his first round games?

We lost the series by letting them get up on us by 3 games.

If a penalty had been called on that play, it would have been for coincidental minors. LA for interference, Van for grabbing the stick.

I have not been happy with the reffing this series BUT, the ref called it right on this play, Possibly coincidental minors, hence no penalty.

He was going down and grabbed the stick to slow the checker. Not a penalty.

Compared to last year the reffing in this series was much better. I am not an NHL reffing fan by any stretch. The Keith hit on Sedin was what ended any hope Van had this year. That said even if they had got past LA they would have been toast.

He was going down and grabbed the stick to slow the checker. Not a penalty.

Compared to last year the reffing in this series was much better. I am not an NHL reffing fan by any stretch. The Keith hit on Sedin was what ended any hope Van had this year. That said even if they had got past LA they would have been toast.

He was not hooked. He thought he could handle around a few Kings players instead of chipping it off the boards. He failed miserably and cost us the game. This is the dumb crap that was happening all series and we payed for it! Idiots making idiotic plays!! :angry:

He got pushed off the puck, lost his balance, and then out of desperation knowing what him falling down means, grabbed onto the LA players stick to attempt to draw a penalty.

I'd rather him try to do that rather than nothing at all. But he was clearly knocked off the puck and then fell.

When the play first happened, I was thinking he was being held, but after watching the replay, it was pretty much a case of great backchecking by the Kings' player (Lewis?)

I feel bad for Hammer. He was easily the Canucks' best defender in this series, but people will remember this play as the one that lost Vancouver the series, even though it was yet another terrible play by Edler on the Richardson goal that was the real culprit.

Archived