The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Value Of: Ryan Getzlaf

Hi.

I am about to sleep since I have a night shift tomorrow night, so I will check this thread when I wake up.

So, Ryan Getzlaf. People have said that the Canucks are quite interested lately.

What would it take to get him? It seems that with the (quite) possibility of Selanne and Koivu retiring, that Anaheim may perform a rebuild/reload. And Getzlaf would call for a hefty return.

He is a playmaking center, huge guy at 6'4 221 & a power play quarterback. He has played RW at times, but is mainly a centerman.

What would you offer Anaheim for Ryan Getzlaf?

I don't know what I would offer right now, so I will update later.

Hmmm thats a tough one since our main trading chip seems to be Luongo and the Ducks dont have room for him unless Hiller's gone.

I could see a 3 way deal happening or a package of Elder but only if we can sign Suter or get another # 1 dman.

It would be pretty amazing if we landed Getzlaf, move Kesler to the wing and we'll have our play maker.

Hmmm thats a tough one since our main trading chip seems to be Luongo and the Ducks dont have room for him unless Hiller's gone.

I could see a 3 way deal happening or a package of Elder but only if we can sign Suter or get another # 1 dman.

It would be pretty amazing if we landed Getzlaf, move Kesler to the wing and we'll have our play maker.

to ana: edler, raymond (RFA rights), schroeder, 1st pick 2013, 2nd pick 2013

to van: getzlaf

they are gonna want tanev really badly but then they would haft to give us something else or we take out a pick or player from our end

getzlaf is one of my favourite players and he should be a 30g/60a/90 point player year in and year out but this season was a write off....for reasons i am not sure of

IF he does become available (i doubt it), there is gonna be so many other teams offering up so much more because they have more to bargain with and our more desperate

Getzlaf is that #1 center which many teams in the league covet. He will not come cheap especially when there are quite a few teams like Montreal, Phoenix and Toronto who desperately need a #1 center. Anaheim will get much more from a team that's more desperate than Vancouver who already has a #1 and #2. And that is if the Ducks trade him at all, it makes little sense to deal a 26 year old center who has proven that he belongs in elite company.

With Anaheim getting that high draft pick, they could draft another young scoring forward to replace him (within a couple of years)

Anaheim's biggest issue is their defence. What about

To Ana

Alex Edler

2nd round pick

To Van

Ryan Getzlaf

Matt Beleskey (23 years old, 6' 205ibs, decent stats)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Getzlaf-Kesler

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Beleskey-Lapierre-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Tanev-Kubina/ other free agent

Salo-Sauve

Schneider

Lack

What I like about this line-up is that we have that scoring 3rd line centre aain but if Getzlaf faulters at all he could easily switch with Schroeder to give our top 6 more speed and bottom 6 more size. That 4th line is also young,fast and capable of generating chances as well as finishing checks and agitating. Our first line is dependable (for the most part) while our defence loses some offence but could gain some much needed experience which could help both Sauve and Tanev solidify their spot in the line-up/ top 4.

Cheers!,

Burrenden

I agree it foolish to say he can score 100 points easily but his production has far from "tailed off considerably". Before this season Getzlaf has 4 straight years where he was at least a ppg player. I will take my chances saying that this year was an anomaly based simply on the talent that the guy possesses.

Getzlaf is exactly what this team needs. Big, strong skilled asshole. (and we need more assholes on this team)

Trading kesler for him though is a lateral move. Trading edler for him also is closing one hole but opening another. we have been crying to add another top 4 d. then we would need two.

Trading lou or scnieds for picks will be easier than trading for roster players that we need. It is also easier to trade picks to anahiem than roster players that we are willing to give up and also adress their needs. we would also be able to give up schroeder as we would have 3 #1 centers on our team.

schnieder for both of tampas first rounders

one of those and our first and shroeder for getzlaf.

raymond to the islanders for a fourth

malhotra to edmonton for a third

ballard to edmonton for a third

alberts to columbus for a fourth

move conn up from chicago

retire salo

sign suter for 6 yrs. 7; 5; 5; 5; 5; 1; cap hit 4.6

its that easy.

plz dont be so ambitious to do what im to lazy to do and see if this works under the cap

1) Offersheet Voracek

2) Luongo for Nash

3) Schroeder, Jensen, Raymond, Ballard, 1st, 2nd for Getzlaf

4) Kassian, Booth, Tanev, Higgins, Connauton, Sauve for Weber

5) Sign Parise

6) Sign Suter

7) Sign Tootoo

8) Sign Brodeur

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Jakub Voracek

Zach Parise - Ryan Getzlaf - Rick Nash

Alex Burrows - Ryan Kesler - Jannik Hansen

Jordin Tootoo - Maxim Lapierre - Manny Malhotra