Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Lu's Bye Bye

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

#91 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Why are you discussing perry...Perry situation was started by reporters, this is what av actually said....I said many times i dont trust there reporters, but av himself was on the show.

Regarding him saying if thats exactly what I posted above lost viking said in my post above. You also realize you will get different translations from every person who speaks french and english.

I am simply saying av was on the show, and made comments, you seem to be calling bs av even said anything on the show.

I know he was on the show. I've heard the audio of him, and i just told you what he said.

Too many people are basing it on the transcript of him and not actually listening to what he said.

Edited by DeNiro, 24 May 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#92 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

I know he was on the show. I've heard the audio of him, and i just told you what he said.

Too many people are basing it on the transcript of him and not actually listening to what he said.

Ok I can agree with this. I was stressing earlier he actually spoke to the show...I do trust lost viking translation of the comments of that clip.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 24 May 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#93 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Also because I do agree tsn and bob mckenzie in particular is the best in the business, here was bob mckenize on tsn radio today regarding roberto. Does not sound like anyone may want him. So even if he does want out, it may not be possible.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 24 May 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#94 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think the trade is possible and will be made but i somehow doubt there is going to be much coming back this way. There is just so much of a risky long term contract to take on with an aging goalie.

#95 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

That french article is a word-for-word translation of what the OP posted. It didn't say Luongo wanted out. It said Canucks have to make the best decision for the organization and look what's best for Luongo. Just like what you read there.

And how did his interview weaken MG's bargaining power? Was MG trying to use the possibility of Canucks NOT trading Luongo as a leverage point? I think everyone knows that one has to go, and Canucks have already decided that it would be Luongo when we started Schneids to finish off our playoff season.

The Sun, Global News, and TVA Sports (the actual interviewer) are all reporting AV's statements as "Lu wants out". Their translations were: Interviewer asked AV if Lu wanted a fresh start elsewhere - AV responded by saying 'that is what he wants right now .......'

Perhaps AV was misquoted by multiple news outlets, perhaps AV accidentally released info when he shouldn't have, or perhaps this is a figment of all our imaginations. We can chose what we want to believe.

Either way, Gillis is likely to go on team 1040 tomorrow and deny deny deny. He'll do this cause it hurts his negotiation power. And yes, Gillis could have used the possibility of NOT trading Luongo as a leverage point. It was a tool in his bag of negotiation tactics. People may have speculated that Lu wanted a trade, but it was all just speculation (here-say). Once the Canucks coach confirmed Lu wants out (as reported by multiple news outlets), then Gillis has one less tool in his negotiation bag.

Sources:

http://www.vancouver...4385/story.html

@TVASports

Alain Vigneault nous confirme que Roberto Luongo veut quitter Vancouver http://bit.ly/KdqaIH #Canucks #TVASports

Squire Barnes reported the same on Global News tonight

Edited by RunningWild, 24 May 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#96 SwedishCrowns

SwedishCrowns

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

AV= Napoleon

#97 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,181 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Luongo won't get traded. There isn't a market for him, sadly.

#98 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M

You didn't bring us a cup, you choked on multiple occasions.

GTFO Please.

Let Schneider & Lack lead us to the Cup.

GTFO. GET OUT NOW.
Posted Image

#99 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Also because I do agree tsn and bob mckenzie in particular is the best in the business, here was bob mckenize on tsn radio today regarding roberto. Does not sound like anyone may want him. So even if he does want out, it may not be possible.

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/McKenzieCC%20-%20May%2024.mp3

Thanks for posting that. Interesting stuff. Bobby Mac is brutally honest, lol. Hopefully the market changes in the next month.

#100 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Squire Barnes reported the same thing, so I'm sold. Its a relief to see that the team is finally going to make the right call with their goaltending situation. This is long overdue.

#101 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Its Roberto Luongo, If someone doesn't give us what we want, someone else will, its already pretty well known he wants to be traded, I don't think GMs are join to unanimously use an Alain Vigneault quote from VAT against Gillis when negotiating... Like I said there are going to be quite a few teams chomping at the bit for Luongo. If some stupid GM uses an instance like this against MG, I'm pretty sure Gillis will laugh in his face and say "Next bidder please."
Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

#102 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

It was actually Patrice Brisbois who "broke" the story if you actually followed it. Lebrun is just the one who retweeted it.

And as far as AV talking about it, that's BS. Do you actually think he'd be dumb enough to talk about that? When does he ever talk about the inner workings of the organization? And now he just happens to leak out something like this to a les than credible sports station. Don't be silly.

Sometimes I think sensible people like you are the only thing that keep me coming back to CDC these days.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#103 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I really don't get it. How lazy are we. Watch the video. There's an interview. He says it. the source is good. The translation is not--but that doesn't come from the source.

I personally don't care but can't believe how dismissive people are of something right in front of their faces.

As I mentioned above, he says "

C'est ce qu'il désire présentement". That means "that is what he wants right now". In the context, he seems to be saying that Lu wants out.

Are you reading what you're writing? Do you know what context means? "that is what he wants right now". I'm assuming you're not including the rest of it, sentences before or after, because you're trying to take it "out of context". WHAT IS WHAT HE WANTS RIGHT NOW AND WHO IS HE? Unless he says it or you include it plain and simple and correctly translated that can mean absolutely anything. Maybe Luongo wants to be a starter, maybe Luongo wants the best chance to win a cup, maybe Luongo just wants an apple pie from McDonalds.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#104 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Its Roberto Luongo, If someone doesn't give us what we want, someone else will, its already pretty well known he wants to be traded, I don't think GMs are join to unanimously use an Alain Vigneault quote from VAT against Gillis when negotiating... Like I said there are going to be quite a few teams chomping at the bit for Luongo. If some stupid GM uses an instance like this against MG, I'm pretty sure Gillis will laugh in his face and say "Next bidder please."

According to whom?? And don't use the mis-translation of a comment made by AV. Has Luo said it? Has MG said it? Or is this yet another case of your cousin's sister's hairdresser's cleaning lady's mother's neighbour's friend's bus driver's dog walker listening to the cocker spaniel again? :picard:

Facts.......they're important so people don't look quite so ridiculously foolish when making statements they think make them look smart and 'in the know'..

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 May 2012 - 11:01 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#105 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Sometimes I think sensible people like you are the only thing that keep me coming back to CDC these days.

You do realize he went back on that comment about av being dumb enough to talk about that...admitting av did talk about it...

The only question now is what his actual response was toward the luongo trade question....i have seen 4 different translations already.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 24 May 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#106 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

If it was Game 7 of the SCF, and we were guaranteed the best of both Schneider and Luongo..

I'd pick Luongo in a heart beat. The guy's problem is his meltdowns.. But boy, when he's good, he's frickin' good. When he's on his game, easily the best goalie in the world.

Edited by Ares, 24 May 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Posted Image

#107 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

You do realize he went back on that comment about av being dumb enough to talk about that...admitting av did talk about it...

You do realise that's not what I was referring to right? De Niro is one of the few sensible people on here not to believe everything they see without facts. You even "proved" his point with your lost viking translation:

“but if thats whats he currently wants, then what we must do is whats best for the organization”

The big "if" that everyone is missing. So I don't really see what the problem is here?
"BoKnows53"

- New Era Canucks Fans

#108 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

You do realise that's not what I was referring to right? De Niro is one of the few sensible people on here not to believe everything they see without facts. You even "proved" his point with your lost viking translation:

“but if thats whats he currently wants, then what we must do is whats best for the organization”

The big "if" that everyone is missing. So I don't really see what the problem is here?

No i typed and posted lost viking translation well before...how did i prove his point, he argued av even said anything or that was even him in the post you quoted.

"And as far as AV talking about it, that's BS. Do you actually think he'd be dumb enough to talk about that? "

The only question right now is what av actually said, and at this point with so many interpretations it cannot be gathered as a fact, the "if" could be wrong, i have seen no other translations with the word "if" everyone is interperting it differently this is not something you can say your wrong, or im right, its how people interpert it. Everyone who speaks french is offering different translations that vary. Av and fans who want lou to stay will hear it one way, fans who want lou gone will take it another. And on hfboards there are more and more conflicting translations done by french speaking people, someone even mentioned a full length video with av which will hopefully put everything into "context". What im trying to say is nobody is write or wrong here gathering facts when the facts rely on how someone interprets his comments.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 24 May 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#109 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

bull
Posted Image

#110 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

This should put everything to rest... a french speaker elsewhere found a full video or at least appears to be the full video, i dont speak french...so were waiting for translations.

http://tvasports.ca/...o/1654997315001

Edited by Ghostdivision, 25 May 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#111 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M

You didn't bring us a cup, you choked on multiple occasions.

GTFO Please.

Let Schneider & Lack lead us to the Cup.

Neither did the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Hamhuis, Edler, Hansen, etc. Guess we should trade them all too! :picard:

Oh, and Schneider didn't win us a cup either

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#112 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

We have two french speaking people on hfboards confirm in the full video av clearly said roberto asked for a trade. The person that confirmed it originally said from the clip the story going around was incorrect, and he said originally from the short clip.

"Fixed my above post to more accurately reflect AV's French comment. I had originally paraphrased a bit.

That TVA Sports article omits "en" which I can clearly hear. "C'est ce que lui presentement desire" means that's what he currently desires. "EN c'est ce que lui presentement desire" means in accordance to what he currently desires."

After watching the full video he said

"Wow, well that confirms it. AV has said that Roberto asked for a trade.

Im sure other french speaks on here will possibly confirm this in the full video.

#113 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

We have two french speaking people on hfboards confirm in the full video av clearly said roberto asked for a trade. The person that confirmed it originally said from the clip the story going around was incorrect, and he said originally from the short clip.

"Fixed my above post to more accurately reflect AV's French comment. I had originally paraphrased a bit.

That TVA Sports article omits "en" which I can clearly hear. "C'est ce que lui presentement desire" means that's what he currently desires. "EN c'est ce que lui presentement desire" means in accordance to what he currently desires."

After watching the full video he said

"Wow, well that confirms it. AV has said that Roberto asked for a trade.

Im sure other french speaks on here will possibly confirm this in the full video.

How do you know those people aren't just haters who want Lu gone? There's a good chance of that.

#114 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

How do you know those people aren't just haters who want Lu gone? There's a good chance of that.

Someone will confirm it on here, im not going to argue anymore. One of them was a female in Montreal who politely offered to translate it and found the full video.

Also how was the person i quoted a hater? In the original small clip posted he was arguing the news outlets were wrong, and av didnt say he asked for trade and everything was translated poorly. After seeing the full video he said it is now clear he asked for a trade.

A french speaker on here im sure will confirm this, people are claiming its pretty blatant in the full video.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 25 May 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#115 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Someone will confirm it on here, im not going to argue anymore. One of them was a female in Montreal who politely offered to translate it and found the full video.

Also how was the person i quoted a hater? In the original small clip posted he was arguing the news outlets were wrong, and av didnt say he asked for trade and everything was translated poorly. After seeing the full video he said it is now clear he asked for a trade.

A french speaker on here im sure will confirm this, people are claiming its pretty blatant in the full video.

Well people can claim all they want, but I still won't believe anything until MG says so. There are so many people translating it, but getting different results. So there's no use in spending time in this, since MG will straighten it out in the morning.

#116 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Well people can claim all they want, but I still won't believe anything until MG says so. There are so many people translating it, but getting different results. So there's no use in spending time in this, since MG will straighten it out in the morning.

Oh i agree gillis has the final say, but we are arguing what av said. There were many different translations of the video clip i was told because it was such a brief clip only a few seconds of him talking and because we did not know the context of his comment the translation was very difficult, the point is the full interview posted above is now available and apparently puts everything into context, and he plainly says roberto asked for a trade. (or so three french speakers claim who originally said the media outlets had the translation completely wrong, now admit its clear as day av said roberto asked for a trade)

As i mentioned earlier who knows what happens with roberto, right now no team it appears has shown interest according to bob McKenzie.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 25 May 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#117 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Oh i agree gillis has the final say, but we are arguing what av said. There were many different translations of the video clip i was told because it was such a brief clip only a few seconds of him talking and because we did not know the context of his comment the translation was very difficult, the point is the full interview posted above is now available and apparently puts everything into context, and he plainly says roberto asked for a trade. (or so three french speakers claim who originally said the media outlets had the translation completely wrong, now admit its clear as day av said roberto asked for a trade)

As i mentioned earlier who knows what happens with roberto, right now no team it appears has shown interest according to bob McKenzie.

If what you're saying is true, I still wouldn't understand why AV would make the comments then. Don Taylor is reporting it on Sportsnet, so I have no idea what's going on anymore.

#118 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

If what you're saying is true, I still wouldn't understand why AV would make the comments then. Don Taylor is reporting it on Sportsnet, so I have no idea what's going on anymore.

I agree with this as well I was quite surprised. You dont often hear av say anything at all, let alone like this. Im guessing gillis might be doing damage control on team 1040 tomorrow.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 25 May 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#119 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

I agree with this as well I was quite surprised. You dont often hear av say anything at all, let alone like this. Im guessing gillis might be doing damage control on team 1040 tomorrow.

I'm guessing MG will say something like, Luongo has not asked for a trade, we haven't decided anything yet, we are still hoping to have both goalies next year. Either that or he'll basically say we are trading him, or we are keeping him.

#120 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

I'm guessing MG will say something like, Luongo has not asked for a trade, we haven't decided anything yet, we are still hoping to have both goalies next year. Either that or he'll basically say we are trading him, or we are keeping him.

I think your first sentence might be spot on accurate. Guess we will see.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.