The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

I haven't heard of the off ice issues but he did have problems with the coach all year. I remember him playing 3rd and 4th line minutes (may be the off ice issues that caused this), but he still ended up scoring 30 goals.

The kid is from Vancouver, perhaps he grew up wanting to play here, has an issue with his coach (true not good but can happen to the best of them and needs a change), add in living in the peg, not alot of people would want that in Winter..

Alot of factors go into stuff like this not just ego etc...we don't know and if MG has inside scoop to know that whatever issues he faced in the Peg wouldn't be faced here then hell ya.

If its ego and attitude MG wouldn't want him (ie CoHo) anyways.

If we're getting Evander Kane you can bet your bottom dollar he's playing with the Sedins. He's not a pass first player so he won't work really well with Kesler and Booth. But when it comes to a perfect linemate for the Sedins, he's pretty much it. Young, tons of speed, hits a lot, goes to the net, scores goals.

No...He wouldn't.

When are people going to start to realize that it takes a unique player to be successful with Ryan Kesler and that David Booth AND Evander Kane, guys that like to carry the puck to the net, are NOT at all those type of players.

Kesler had his initial breakout with Sundin and Demitra, two guys that loved to PASS the puck, making a pass first centerman much more successful.

Not saying we could land these guys but Marty St. Louis or PA Parentau are guys that could work well with Kesler.

Listen...IF and it's a BIG IF, Evander Kane is available, MG will do what he can to acquire him if at all possible. However, Booth would have to be involved in the deal for cap and style reasons and that is just fine with me.

Guess he figured out there is nothing to do in Winnipeg. A lot of players don't like Edmonton, and E-town is FAR more social of a city, and it is bigger than Winnipeg.

BTW I hate Jets fines, few of them outside of Winnipeg have any Winnipeg routs. They just cheered for them b/c it is the cool thing to do. REAL fans live and die with ONE team.

No, simply because I think we need to improve our D-group ..and I think that's first priority. And if we could add a top 2 or top 4 defenseman that can play the right side, I'd want Edler to be paired with that D.

Edler - _____

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Harsh sad reality that players prefer not to be in Winnipeg. They need players who just love the game. But a locker room can change that in an instant when players start considering that they could simply live somewhere better. Not that Winnipeg is so bad but when you're traveling to all the top cities in north America in comparison....

All we need is for kane to "go behind doors" and tell the jets trade me then -if paclac ditches the jets fans will welcome scheider with open arms , then all GMMG has to do is make it fair like -

Schneider , connauton , first rounder , optional first in 2013 dependant on signing

Archived