The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

At the deadline, I had felt that if we'd made a move for Nash then, we'd be hoisting the cup. I'd have expected a deal would have taken Schneider, Hodgson, and a pick or two, but it would have been worth it. Nash is a guy who I feel could push the team to another level. As is, we ended up trading Hodgson for essentially nothing since we didn't use what we got back in the playoffs really, so paying the extra difference would and ending up with Nash in the lineup wouldn't have been as costly as it seemed...

With hodgson gone, that took away a great bargaining chip - I don't know if we can get into the running for Nash now...

I know you're excited about Jensen and he looks promising, but there is no way you can say he turns out to be Rick Nash. How many Rick Nash's have there been? Drawing comparisons when Jensen was drafted one year ago is a little premature; especially when Jensen wasn't even a high draft pick and just drafted one year ago. Jensen has been touted as a potential 2nd line player with the chance of 1st line potential. Rick Nash his whole career has been labelled a franchise player. Jensen may in fact develop into a Rick Nash, but the odds are against him.

Guest Dasein

At the deadline, I had felt that if we'd made a move for Nash then, we'd be hoisting the cup. I'd have expected a deal would have taken Schneider, Hodgson, and a pick or two, but it would have been worth it. Nash is a guy who I feel could push the team to another level. As is, we ended up trading Hodgson for essentially nothing since we didn't use what we got back in the playoffs really, so paying the extra difference would and ending up with Nash in the lineup wouldn't have been as costly as it seemed...

With hodgson gone, that took away a great bargaining chip - I don't know if we can get into the running for Nash now...

Sounds like perfect sense. Alot of folks around here talk like President's trophies and SCfinals are failures, and consider Mike Gillis disposable, and yet would throw handfuls of players like Luongo, Burrow, Higgins, Tanev, Edler, first round picks... you name it... into deals as if they are spare parts in order to pick up one hyped brand name. Recipe for failure.

If you were Luongo, would you waive your NTC for the worst team in the NHL?

I don't think so...

If this were to happen, it would have to include Schneider (they desperately need a good goalie) & Ballard (they need good a goid D man and Ballard would be a key component for the cap to work for us)

If you want nash than expect this

to cbj

luongo or schnieder (most likely schnieder)

schnoeder

higgins

ballard

tanev

1st rd 2012

to van

nash

I wouldnt want him if we are losing so many key parts for now and the furture of our team I would only consider it if they are giving us their 2nd pick of this year draft but they are not trading it

lineup

sedins nash

booth kesler burrows

kassian lappy hansen

bitz malhotra volpatti

bieksa hamhuis

edler mag/?

salo alberts

luongo

lack

Nash, Parise, Weber...these guys could all cause locker-room chaos. These guys are big fish and team captains. Suddenly you throw them into the Nucks locker room with its core leadership, egos etc (Hank, Bieksa, Kesler) and who is captain? who is the real leader?

Think Bieksa's leadership role will be in tact if Weber signs? How about Hank with Nash on the team (makes more money and is more of a physically dominating, carry the team on his back type)?

These big acquisitions can cause issues within the team which is partly why they often don't make the huge difference everyone expects. Players are forced to take on different roles and lose influence. It can be tricky.

No we wouldn't. Packaging Booth and or Ballard in the trade would give us more than enough cap space. Luongo's cap hit is only 1.3 mil more than Booth's.

The cap is also going up by about 5 miillion.

That's way too many pieces. The reported asking price is 4-5 significant pieces. That means Schneider, plus a roster player (Booth or Ballard), plus a prospect (Schroeder, Jensen, Sauve), plus a couple picks.

To Van:

Nash

To Clb:

Schneider

Booth

Schroeder

1st round pick

2nd round pick

That's about what it would take.

I would rather MG try to sign Suter as UFA rather than trade for Nash. Suter could be offered upwards of $8 million per year but if he wants to sign with a contender he will take around $7 mill per year. I think this team needs a top tier Dman and a 3rd line C more than a LW in Rick Nash.

Throw big money towards Suter and see if he will move to Canada. I don't know if he comes here but it would be worth a try.

I think we are going to have to wait untill next summer to get our 1 Dman in Weber when he hits UFA, but a pitch for Suter could work.

If you want nash than expect this

to cbj

luongo or schnieder (most likely schnieder)

schnoeder

higgins

ballard

tanev

1st rd 2012

to van

nash

I wouldnt want him if we are losing so many key parts for now and the furture of our team I would only consider it if they are giving us their 2nd pick of this year draft but they are not trading it

lineup

sedins nash

booth kesler burrows

kassian lappy hansen

bitz malhotra volpatti

bieksa hamhuis

edler mag/?

salo alberts

luongo

lack

Archived