The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Have Big Things In The Making

Everyone needs to take a step back, and get off twitter/cdc/hf etc.

Throughout the 2011-2012 campaign there were SO many of these stories and rumours. From Cory Perry, to Bobby Ryan, to Weber etc etc.

Dont believe anything you hear until it really happens. NHL is a huge industry, worth millions upon millions. The only reason why it exists is because they attract viewers through drama- be it on the ice or off the ice in the form of rumours.

Yes, this next week will be excruciatingly slow and full of suspense- but calm down Canuckleheads. We have been waiting for a cup for 41 years. This organization knows that, and they will make the proper moves. Just dont set expectations so high, and dont feed the media with your uncontrolled curiosity.

Take everything with a grain of salt.

YOLO.

do you know what an offer sheet in the realm of 7 million will cost us in draft pics??? haha no way we give up all five picks this year and first rounders for three years just to give us a 30 million dollar defence cap hit...

Oh, you know first hand the cap is going down 12 mil after next season? No, cause you made that up.

Why would the players or the owners want the cap to go down? That doesn't make sense. That means smaller salaries for the players, and less ability for the teams that actually control the league to have elite teams.

As long as revenue is going up, so will the cap. That's the way Bettman has always done it.

Ballard can be traded to get money for Edler's raise, and money can be taken from Malhotra leaving to sign Burrows. It's not that hard.

Is this serious? This is just idiotic and pure homerism, Luongo + Sauve is worth about a mid 1st, and Vancouver certainly be the one getting the best defenseman in the nhl, while giving up the worst package. Not even a drunk Bergevin would do that trade, Price is worth twice as much as Luongo, and they are adding their franchise dman for a mediocre prospect :lol::lol:.

Might seem totally silly and out of the ballpark, but I wouldn't do Burrows for Nash straight up even. Chances are Nash's value is better, just not to this team. Burrows...he almost always delivers. I'm not sure he delivers on his own somewhere else though? I hope we don't have to find out... he belongs on our first or second line

The trade is not fair value. Schneider is hands down the best non-starting goaltender in the league and many think a soon-to-be star. Burton's is the most clutch player on this team and can play anywhere from lines 1-3 while being a top level PK'er. Jensen is an unknown commodity but has loads of talent.

WTF has Rick Nash ever won? Has he ever carried a team?! He is a great offensive player and an absolute house to try and move down low but he's not great in his own end and he doesn't do much other than score goals. Don't get me wrong...He's a world class offensive player but in no way am I trading my present and future for a goal scoring winger. Sorry ain't happening.

Archived