The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

Luongo's 5.3 Million cap hit isn't the problem. With his skill sets its quite a bargain, problem with him is his contract, will he still be a 5.3 Million goalie in 7 years? Yeah it's possible he can be even better like Tim Thomas but that's quite a risk.

But in the end, signing Lu at 5.33 still turns out to be a heck of a deal for someone as good as Lu. If Cory proves he can handle a full season, then I'll eat my words, But until then, I will be dissatisfied with this signing.

You're right, Luongo is getting traded all because of the fans(minority by the way) that have treated him like crap and not at all because a younger and more viable option has become available.

I think the fans issue is so overblown. Do you people really think Luongo would be moved if Schneider had not impressed so much?

For every person that hates on Luongo there are 10 that love him. The minority has been more vocal but it's really nothing surprising as it is a Canadian market. I think when all is said and done Luongo will look back at his time in Vancouver very fondly and the fans will certainly do the same. Sometimes it's just time to move on. But enough of this ''Fans ran Luongo out of town'' nonsense.

I think you are wrong, for every one that loves lou there are 10 that hate him. I was at the Canucks store two years ago when all the Canuck jerseys were selling out and all they had on the racks were Lou's jerseys all the rest were gone. That was two year ago when Lou had a lot more support then now.

Why in the world does Schneider have a higher cap hit than Rask and Pavelec? I don't watch either of them play, but i think they've been legitimate #1 starters for a couple years now?

4 million is too much for Schneider.

Archived