• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHL rocks

[Report] Semin to Penguins

Semin signing with Pens makes me think he did this, in part to piss of the Caps. He signed 2 one year contracts with them when he could have cashed in.

Last year he signed a 1 year extension instead of cashing in on a long term multi million dollar contract as UFA. He was a good soldier in WSH but all the reports leaking out of WSH pbbly pissed him off.

Semin signing with Pens makes me think he did this, in part to piss of the Caps. He signed 2 one year contracts with them when he could have cashed in.

Last year he signed a 1 year extension instead of cashing in on a long term multi million dollar contract as UFA. He was a good soldier in WSH but all the reports leaking out of WSH pbbly pissed him off.

This signing sounds like it is for a winger to play with Crosby, not another linemate for Malkin/Neal. Or Neal will play with Crosby and Semin with Malkin. Either way.

I dont know what to think about Semin, we'll just have to wait and see what he can do in another system

Yeah we'll see. They apparently had Parise locked up when in fact it was only between Minny and NJ.

I guess when Crosby is on LTIR forever, they'll certainly have cap room.

Guest BuckFoston

Or maybe, just maybe, Alex Semin is not a money hungry floater and WANTS to play in the NHL?

I was joking, but the threat to Crosby's career is still very serious folks.

He didn't look 100% throughout their round 1 series vs. Philly and if he continues being rocked all around the ice... Woof... HUGE risk there.

If true I have no sympathy for the caps. They completely effed him in a contract year by playing him with 3rd liners. Don't follow the caps too closely so I dont know if him and Ovi have chemistry problems but the only time they got to play together was on the PP.

I feel like if Crosby wasn't in Pittsburgh, Malkin would just be another lazy Russian. Crosby's influence can probably change Semin for the better..

I was joking, but the threat to Crosby's career is still very serious folks.

He didn't look 100% throughout their round 1 series vs. Philly and if he continues being rocked all around the ice... Woof... HUGE risk there.