The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Semin to Penguins

Semin signing with Pens makes me think he did this, in part to piss of the Caps. He signed 2 one year contracts with them when he could have cashed in.

Last year he signed a 1 year extension instead of cashing in on a long term multi million dollar contract as UFA. He was a good soldier in WSH but all the reports leaking out of WSH pbbly pissed him off.

Semin signing with Pens makes me think he did this, in part to piss of the Caps. He signed 2 one year contracts with them when he could have cashed in.

Last year he signed a 1 year extension instead of cashing in on a long term multi million dollar contract as UFA. He was a good soldier in WSH but all the reports leaking out of WSH pbbly pissed him off.

This signing sounds like it is for a winger to play with Crosby, not another linemate for Malkin/Neal. Or Neal will play with Crosby and Semin with Malkin. Either way.

I dont know what to think about Semin, we'll just have to wait and see what he can do in another system

Guest BuckFoston

Or maybe, just maybe, Alex Semin is not a money hungry floater and WANTS to play in the NHL?

If true I have no sympathy for the caps. They completely effed him in a contract year by playing him with 3rd liners. Don't follow the caps too closely so I dont know if him and Ovi have chemistry problems but the only time they got to play together was on the PP.

Archived