Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

?

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1823 replies to this topic

#841 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Dont believe that NYR are out. Canucks cant and wont offer crazy money either.

#842 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

I dont trust this source.......

thats ok if you don't but they are after thorton and Arnnot now so Doan probably isn't one of their priorities

#843 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

I dont trust this source.......

Yeah sounds like a dead souce to me.

#844 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

We all have Doan syndrome.

/iphonebump
Posted Image

#845 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I live in the Okanagan and have to say the only way I'd live in VanCity is if someone paid me what Doan will be offered.
BC is big and very eclectic in it's composition. Doan likes ranching country, dry and open spaces. Alberta, Kamloops & Arizona all are considered ranching areas with sparse populations.
Vancouver is an overpopulated soggy metropolis...
If Doan leaves the Coyotes for Vancouver it will because he likes the team, management and direction of the franchise. I can't see the city having much influence, be it Vancouver, Pittsburgh or the Big Apple!
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#846 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,964 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

John Doe‏@Real_John_Doe_
Rangers are out on Doan. Money and years are too much for him to come east.

If true...

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#847 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I live in the Okanagan and have to say the only way I'd live in VanCity is if someone paid me what Doan will be offered.
BC is big and very eclectic in it's composition. Doan likes ranching country, dry and open spaces. Alberta, Kamloops & Arizona all are considered ranching areas with sparse populations.
Vancouver is an overpopulated soggy metropolis...
If Doan leaves the Coyotes for Vancouver it will because he likes the team, management and direction of the franchise. I can't see the city having much influence, be it Vancouver, Pittsburgh or the Big Apple!

You do realize Langley is 30 minutes from vancouver

#848 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Rangers going after Thornton are they?

Edited by The-Impersonator, 02 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#849 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Doan will make us more liked by Canadians!

who cares lol
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#850 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Rangers going after Thornton are they?

There was a report that Doan met with some Canuck players while in Van. Anyone heard who those players were?

#851 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Isn't it all the same? From the ocean to abbotsford?, isn't it all the greater Vancouver area?

#852 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Haha okanagan people, I lived on Vancouver Island for 30 years and thought that arrogant.
The greater Vancouver area has more to offer than anywhere else in BC. The education, programs and coaching offered to children (and adults) are 2nd to none. The city is producing a lot more professional athletes than the Okanagan.

Edited by sampy, 02 August 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#853 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Haha okanagan people, I lived on Vancouver Island for 30 years and thought that arrogant.
The greater Vancouver area has more to offer than anywhere else in BC. The education, programs and coaching offered to children (and adults) are 2nd to none. The city is producing a lot more professional athletes than the Okanagan.

Yes but your "weed" sux .. priorities, man ..PRIORITIES!!!

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#854 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Metro Vancouver has more to offer than anywhere else in BC. The education, programs and coaching offered to children (and adults) are 2nd to none. The city is producing a lot more professional athletes than the Okanagan.

vancouver sucks imo, too many people. Island time ftw

Posted Image

#855 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

SMITHERS BC IS BEST!!!

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#856 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Referencing the situation in PHX as a gong show is pretty appropriate and we are looking at it from the outside. Imagine what Doan has seen over the years. He has heard all the promises before. Your point about the Yotes not utilizing the maximum CAP allowance simply insures they wont be a serious CUP contender. The Canucks on the otherhand have spent to the max ever since new ownership took over. They have spent non-CAP millions on coaching, facilities and player development. Do you think the Yotes have a hyperbolic chamber?

I also agree that the money will not be everything for Doan. My take is that it will be with a team which will have a serious crack at a CUP and a place where his family can adjust the easiest after living in PHX. Van has the advantage of already having family here and being a summer home. Bringing his family to Vancouver would allow his kids some education in Canada and not be totally immersed in the USA culture. Doan has never taken USA citizenship which many other players have done. He has played for Team Canada six times. All this adds up to a Canuck signing IMHO.

Posted Image

hy·per·bo·le
   [hahy-pur-buh-lee] noun Rhetoric .
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
eg. Hyperbaric chambers are the absolute best things ever invented.

Edited by WiDeN, 02 August 2012 - 07:27 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#857 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

There was a report that Doan met with some Canuck players while in Van. Anyone heard who those players were?

Well Garrison tweeted that pic of Doan @Scotty Upshall...so I guess he was one. Hopefully Hamhuis was there as well. I think he'd be the perfect one to sell the team to Doan.

#858 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

The city is producing a lot more professional athletes than the Okanagan.

Only because of population...unless gang-banging and shooting people has become a professional sport...I'd imagine % of pro athletes is about the same....I mean you look at sicamous (Shea weber and Cody franson's hometown) 1 in 1500 people have made the NHL. For vancouver to have same % of players in the NHL, there would have to be 1000+ players from Vancouver there...

#859 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Isn't it all the same? From the ocean to abbotsford?, isn't it all the greater Vancouver area?

What does that have to do With my comment?

#860 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm also an okanagan person. Grew up there from 5-15. The ignorance of that poster is insulting. Literally you drive 30 minutes from vancouver and you're on lush ranching Langley.

Not to mention, Pitt meadows, Abbotsford , chilliwack , parts of surrey , maple ridge ... Even Richmond. If Doan wanted.. He could buy a massive ranch in richmond with horses etc.

The okanagan is beautiful but get your head out of your ass.

#861 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

John Doe@Real_John_Doe_
Rangers are out on Doan. Money and years are too much for him to come east.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#862 Bigturk8

Bigturk8

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm also an okanagan person. Grew up there from 5-15. The ignorance of that poster is insulting. Literally you drive 30 minutes from vancouver and you're on lush ranching Langley.

Not to mention, Pitt meadows, Abbotsford , chilliwack , parts of surrey , maple ridge ... Even Richmond. If Doan wanted.. He could buy a massive ranch in richmond with horses etc.

Thank you so much!

I'm glad that there are some people out there that don't generalize.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to Doan!
TL.jpg

#863 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

So this is an okanagan vs Vancouver post now? Cool!

#864 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

The Fraser valley is farm land not ranch land. Yes people raise horses and cattle but it is not what Doan is into. Open range ranching is not practical for the lower mainland (too wet, not enough open range). Merrit, Kamloops and the Peace River country are BC's ranching territories. If Doan decides to come here and buy a ranch, it will be in the interior and near to his relatives (Kamloops).

BTW - the high density livestock practices in the Fraser Valley make it one of the most toxic water tables in the country. Smell Abbotsford lately?

#865 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

The Fraser valley is farm land not ranch land. Yes people raise horses and cattle but it is not what Doan is into. Open range ranching is not practical for the lower mainland (too wet, not enough open range). Merrit, Kamloops and the Peace River country are BC's ranching territories. If Doan decides to come here and buy a ranch, it will be in the interior and near to his relatives (Kamloops).

BTW - the high density livestock practices in the Fraser Valley make it one of the most toxic water tables in the country. Smell Abbotsford lately?

Are you seriously arguing with people over what sort of ranching Doan might be into? :picard:

#866 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Stupid mobile bump

6. Your signature image(s) will not exceed 400x200 pixels and your avatar will not exceed 80x80 pixels. The combined file size for avatars and signatures may not exceed 500 KB. Please limit additional text and quotes to one or two lines. Your signature may be removed without warning if it is found to be too big. Images that are larger than 400x200 or 500KB are inconsiderate to those unable to access the site with a high-speed connection. To check the size of your image, right click your image to view its properties. Vulgarity, inappropriate images, advertisements, and anything else contrary to the other rules, are not acceptable.

#867 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

so this thread is ruined by inane nonsense.

close it up!

#868 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

It's not all greater Vancouver area, lifestyles are different past the bridge and abbotsford and beyond are lower Fraser valley completely seperate regional districts! As for water comment abbotsford and chilliwack rate high in water quality and both been top 5 in both provincial and federal ratings tests in last few years! Anyways even if he wants ranching up there it's like. 3 hr drive or shorter flying :)
6. Your signature image(s) will not exceed 400x200 pixels and your avatar will not exceed 80x80 pixels. The combined file size for avatars and signatures may not exceed 500 KB. Please limit additional text and quotes to one or two lines. Your signature may be removed without warning if it is found to be too big. Images that are larger than 400x200 or 500KB are inconsiderate to those unable to access the site with a high-speed connection. To check the size of your image, right click your image to view its properties. Vulgarity, inappropriate images, advertisements, and anything else contrary to the other rules, are not acceptable.

#869 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

You missed the Caribou .. credibility is waning ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#870 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Listen maybe I'm ignorant, or even arrogant..
but the lower mainland is farming country....
maybe you consider a dairy operation a ranch, Langley ranching country....you're kidding right?
Some folks grow grapes in Langley, must be wine country too
Hey every place has it pluses but if you like interior dryland the lower mainland is out of the equation.
If you hate dry aired brown hillsides well then I'd suggest west of Hope.
But then again... shucks what do I know.... hell being ignorant and all, us country folk sure can learn a lot from folks offering
Insights..... like if you want to find a cowboy head to Langley for a good ol cattle drive

but back to my point....
the city has very little to do where Doan might go IF he decides to leave the desert!
Team, managament & direction will be what motivates him
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.