The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Jackson confirms third Hobbit movie

Bilbro Baggins

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have to watch the movies if you think it's going to be a yawn trilogy without real content.

When can you honestly say a movie was able to or had the time to tell a story in as good detail as a book? Pretty sure that would be never. So maybe these ones can come close to that. Almost everyone says any book had more to give than the movie of the same story, because the movie couldn't make it so detailed...

I for one am looking forward to seeing all three. Only minus is waiting a year or a little less between each movie. It was a long wait the last time as well...

Considering I read John Carter stories in the 80's I didn't think it was that bad. The problem is trying to explain going to Barsoom by wishing is tough to work in a modern story.

Maybe Jackson wants to go all out on the Battle of the Five Armies?

What the hell? It took me like 3 hours to read the whole book. How can they make 3 movies out of that?

I guess they just don't care if the movies are awful, Jackson & co. know that the audiences will flock to the theatres anyway and they'll make their millions.

What the hell? It took me like 3 hours to read the whole book. How can they make 3 movies out of that?

I guess they just don't care if the movies are awful, Jackson & co. know that the audiences will flock to the theatres anyway and they'll make their millions.

There's no doubt that the studio will make more money, but why does that bother you?

The point of adding the 3rd movie from your perspective, and from what's being expressed by Jackson, is that by adding a 3rd part, he is now free to add a bunch of the stuff from the LOTR appendices, as well as give a longer and richer interpretation of the movie. This movie is not going to read like the book, there will be added stuff from other sources now, in order to give a much richer understanding and view of the world and history The Hobbit and LOTR took place in.

I can't understand how anyone who's read those books wouldn't be appreciative if not relieved to have the opportunity to see more of Middle Earth.

Archived