The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Anyone got any fantasy football advise?  First real money league I'm joining with big money and I wana win.

I did a free one last season which helped understand it a lot better.  I did middle of the pack but realize the top GM's won by having big games from receivers and RB's.  Would it be better to load up on WR's and RB's over a top QB?

43 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Anyone got any fantasy football advise?  First real money league I'm joining with big money and I wana win.

I did a free one last season which helped understand it a lot better.  I did middle of the pack but realize the top GM's won by having big games from receivers and RB's.  Would it be better to load up on WR's and RB's over a top QB?

Go WR and RB with your first few picks. Top QB's would be Newton, Rodgers, Wilson, but don't draft them until at least round 5. Don't get caught up if a bunch of QB's start to go in a row. Unless you can grab on of those top 3 guys. You can afford to wait if you miss one of those guys and grab a decent guy like Rivers, Taylor, Stafford. 

Of course I don't your settings, so it could b different. 

Edited by gmen81

1 hour ago, gmen81 said:

Go WR and RB with your first few picks. Top QB's would be Newton, Rodgers, Wilson, but don't draft them until at least round 5. Don't get caught up if a bunch of QB's start to go in a row. Unless you can grab on of those top 3 guys. You can afford to wait if you miss one of those guys and grab a decent guy like Rivers, Taylor, Stafford. 

Of course I don't your settings, so it could b different. 

This is what I took from a few different sources and sites. and from doing it free last season.  Go with WR and RB's first, they seemed to gather the most points.

Stork released by Pats. Who once was looking like a great underdog story coming out of know where and taking over the starting centre spot last season.

End of the day, he fell out of BB's favour. Had a critical penalty in the AFCCG which cost us the game and he's the one that started the brawl a week or so ago during joint practice. Was his own doing. A bit premature to cut him so quick but this is the Pats afterall - there's no chill with BB and they'll find a way like they always have.

...helps a ton that Scarnecchia is back. Was the architect for the greatest Patriots olines ever assembled over the past decade+ and he was surely missed the past 2 years where the oline became a complete gongshow without him. Glad he's back from 'retirement' :) 

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Bush league to make it public though.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him just sit out and go back into the draft.

Bush league on the guy. 

Who the hell does he think he is? Good on the Chargers for making this public. Will make it aware for other teams the type of big shot this fella thinks he is. Idk what else they can offer him. Seems like a big baby.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Bush league on the guy. 

Who the hell does he think he is? Good on the Chargers for making this public. Will make it aware for other teams the type of big shot this fella thinks he is. Idk what else they can offer him. Seems like a big baby.

Chargers are cheap. They have of history of not paying up. They can't come up with a few more million for a talent like Bosa? They need him more than he needs them. 

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Chargers are cheap. They have of history of not paying up. They can't come up with a few more million for a talent like Bosa? They need him more than he needs them. 

What gives a 21 year old rookie the right to demand the most money a rookie has/will ever receive in the past two seasons? He has to earn it like everyone else.

• Upvote 1