The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

In other news...

How do you suspend players without a drug test solely on the contents of a news article?  The NFL are setting themselves up for a lost season with the next CBA if they keep making rules up as they go.  The players are going to have to demand a change in the reach of the commissioner's office when it comes to player decisions.

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

How do you suspend players without a drug test solely on the contents of a news article?  The NFL are setting themselves up for a lost season with the next CBA if they keep making rules up as they go.  The players are going to have to demand a change in the reach of the commissioner's office when it comes to player decisions.

Do you guys care to answer a fantasy question for me?

It's in a 12 team keeper league. Max 5 keepers. The way the keepers work is different than I've seen anywhere else. Where the player was drafted counts as your pick. So for example I drafted gronkowski last year with my second pick. This year if I choose to keep him he will count as my second pick no matter where I draft in the second round. 

I pick 8th

So my picks in the first 10 rounds with my keepers next to them are

1 (8th) Adrian peterson

2 (17th) Gronkowski 

3 (32nd) Hilton

4 (41st) 

5 (56th)

6 (65th) CHRIS IVORY

7 (80th)

8 (89th)

9 (104th)

10 (113th) Decker

Peterson gronkowski Hilton and decker are obvious keepers as they will be drafted later or similar according to their draft value. My question to you is, is chris ivory worth keeping for my 6th round pick 65th overall. Or do you think I could get a better player with that pick. The tricky part is no one will know other teams picks until they are all submitted.

Let me know what you guys think.

31 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

It's in a 12 team keeper league. Max 5 keepers. The way the keepers work is different than I've seen anywhere else. Where the player was drafted counts as your pick. So for example I drafted gronkowski last year with my second pick. This year if I choose to keep him he will count as my second pick no matter where I draft in the second round. 

I pick 8th

1 (8th) Adrian peterson

2 (17th) Gronkowski 

3 (32nd) Hilton

4 (41st) 

5 (56th)

6 (65th) CHRIS IVORY

7 (80th)

8 (89th)

9 (104th)

10 (113th) Decker

Peterson gronkowski Hilton and decker are obvious keepers as they will be drafted later or similar according to their draft value. My question to you is, is chris ivory worth keeping for my 6th round pick 65th overall. Or do you think I could get a better player with that pick. The tricky part is no one will know other teams picks until they are all submitted.

I think Gronk is injured again.  

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Glad that none of them are on the Bills.  Bills players are dropping like flies with all of these injuries.

Think they would have to display an iota of talent before anyone suspects them of doping.  I can't even finish typing that without laughing.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

I pick 8th

1 (8th) Adrian peterson

2 (17th) Gronkowski 

3 (32nd) Hilton

4 (41st) 

5 (56th)

6 (65th) CHRIS IVORY

7 (80th)

8 (89th)

9 (104th)

10 (113th) Decker

He'll have a strong first half but he's likely to tail off like last year even if he stays healthy.  You can probably do better with a shrewd pick but you could also do a lot worse.  You'd have to grab your replacement in 4th unless you want an awful rb group.

Personally, I'd use the keeper but make sure you handcuff.

On 27/07/2016 at 0:47 AM, Chip Kelly said:

Eagles had rumored interest as well.

I wonder if the Browns would trade Josh Gordon to the Eagles and if a conditional 3rd round pick would be enough.

Flash Gordon is a (Height-Weight-Speed freak) and could be just as dominant as Martavis Bryant as a tall explosive big play receiver.

He would give the Eagles the #1 WR they have not had since T.O. was around. If I was the Eagles I would for sure do my due dilligence just like the Evander Kane situation and see if this guy could be had for some decent value.

Well they settled for DGB. Low risk/high reward. What do you think?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He'll have a strong first half but he's likely to tail off like last year even if he stays healthy.  You can probably do better with a shrewd pick but you could also do a lot worse.  You'd have to grab your replacement in 4th unless you want an awful rb group.

Personally, I'd use the keeper but make sure you handcuff.

Hey thanks for your input! It's Mucha appreciated. When you say handcuff you mean grab TJ yeldon for when Ivory trails off later in the season?

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Hey thanks for your input! It's Mucha appreciated. When you say handcuff you mean grab TJ yeldon for when Ivory trails off later in the season?

Exactly.  Although Ivory's reduced workload might mitigate some of that.  He'll lose some of the carries from last year but in a keeper league like that all the good RB's are going to be snapped up anyway, especially if you won't be picking until the 4th round.

Well.  The Bills are not only just dropping like flies from injuries now.  All-pro Marcell Dareus just got suspended today for marijuana usage for the 2nd time in just over a year.

First 4 games of the season, gone.  I'll bet Garappolo is breathing a sigh of relief. <_<

Edited by SabreFan1

Now another Bills starting defenseman suspended.  This time for 1 game.  It's believed to be over a domestic dispute.  Outside Linebacker, Manny Lawson.

Between injuries and now a couple of same day suspensions, this has to be the worst offseason/pre-season I've ever seen the Bills have.  There's still another 3 weeks left of it to go. :unsure:

Vancouver's own Rashaun Simonise made this first catch in the NFL this past week. Vancouver College churns out 2 NFL'ers in 2 years, hope he sticks would be great for football in canada, especially in the vancouver area if he can have a sustained NFL career

Bengals Keith Wenning finds Rashaun Simonise for big gain - NFL.com

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Vancouver's own Rashaun Simonise made this first catch in the NFL this past week. Vancouver College churns out 2 NFL'ers in 2 years, hope he sticks would be great for football in canada, especially in the vancouver area if he can have a sustained NFL career

Bengals Keith Wenning finds Rashaun Simonise for big gain - NFL.com

Went to VC with rashaun for a year, NFL seemed to always be his goal and glad he's with the Bengals. Wish him the best of luck. 

On the other hand, Christian Covington is probably the nicest and most genuine person I've ever met from VC, known that guy for a long time. Glad there are two of them repping VC in the NFL!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LeanBeef said:

Went to VC with rashaun for a year, NFL seemed to always be his goal and glad he's with the Bengals. Wish him the best of luck. 

On the other hand, Christian Covington is probably the nicest and most genuine person I've ever met from VC, known that guy for a long time. Glad there are two of them repping VC in the NFL!

Never played with CC, but I did get to watch Rashaun practice everyday as a wide eyed 9th grader. The catches he made in practice were incredible, for the high school level at least. Everybody is making a big deal about Chase Claypool from Abbotsford, Simonise was more polished out of HS imo at least. Not the athlete that Claypool is, but has a better understanding of the route tree and has better hands. I think(hopes) he will stick with the bengals.

5 hours ago, LeanBeef said:

CC's my classmate. He's a very humble and determined person and I never had a doubt that he wouldn't have made the Texans roster last year as a 6th round draft pick

23 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Well they settled for DGB. Low risk/high reward. What do you think?

23 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

I  like his measurables. He is a big body who can win jumpballs.

He will be an asset in the redzone even if he struggles to learn the playbook.

Work ethic is the biggest thing along with staying out of trouble.