The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Lol how?  The Steelers almost literally never played him after signing him to his new contract, and then cut him a week before the season ends.  That is disrespectful.

Harrison doesn't owe the Steelers anything after that.  The guy is a competitor.  He wants to play and he wants to win.

Pats don't want him as a player, he has gotten slow and old.  They signed him for the intel. Harrison is a sell out, say goodbye to your number being raised at Three Rivers (ed: I mean Heinz Field).  

But no worries, Harrison can redeem himself by being double agent to Supreme Emperor Belichek and give them all the wrong signals.  

BBGB8f1CUAA6yLd.jpg

Edited by Neversummer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/25/2017 at 12:57 AM, Chip Kelly said:

Earl Thomas apparently loves them and made a point to go into Cowboys locker room and tell Jason "The Clapper" Garett to "come get me if y'all can".

Seahawks love the drama win or lose offseason be full of it so many big egos on that team that constantky need to be massaged.

My bold prediction is one member of LOB gets traded or cut to free up cap to make upgrades on the o line and offence.

Chancellor is gone. If they bring back Sherman at his age, injury, and salary, I'll be shocked. and Browner was gone a long time ago. Just Earl will be left.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:02 AM, Jiggs50 said:

Tbh Seattle should move on from all 3 if possible. Get value while you can. 

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Patriots sign James Harrison ... that's low, real low.  Douche bag move all around.  Lost a LOT of respect for Harrison.  

You give your all to a team, they re-sign you because they know you want to PLAY, and then sit you all year and cut you before a playoff run. I'm sure Harrison lost a LOT of respect for Tomlin and the Steelers.

38 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Pats don't want him as a player, he has gotten slow and old.  They signed him for the intel. Harrison is a sell out, say goodbye to your number being raised at Three Rivers.  

But no worries, Harrison can redeem himself by being double agent to Supreme Emperor Belichek and give them all the wrong signals.  

Actually, they do. He's the only guy strong enough to set the edge. Which is perfect because we don't need him to be an every down guy. 

But let's face it. This move is a pre-cursor to the AFC Championship game which both teams are expecting to get to (though you never know if Kareem Hunt catches fire in the playoffs or the #1 defense in Jacksonville). Harrison will play like he's 20 years younger if he has the chance to eliminate Tomlin. 

55 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Pats don't want him as a player, he has gotten slow and old.  They signed him for the intel. Harrison is a sell out, say goodbye to your number being raised at Three Rivers.  

BBGB8f1CUAA6yLd.jpg

I'd be surprised if the Pats didn't use Harrison as a situational pass rusher.  Their pass rush isnt great and he's probably pretty fresh after not getting much game action this year.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Would you want to play for the Browns?

He genuinely seems like a good kid from what I've seen from him.  I loved his answer when asked about players skipping Bowl Games.

Yes I would want to play for the Browns. They would not be my prefered choice but they have quite a bit of talent. As for Rosen and players skipping Bowl Games, I hate it. I guess I am a purist from that standpoint, as I feel when you commit yourself to a School and Team you should fulfill it entirely. Additionally, I always have been someone who looks beyond the mechanics and stats, and looks at winning. Who was the last Super Bowl winning QB to not win a share of Conference Title or win a BCS Bowl? Rosen hasn't even beaten USC, what makes you think he could win a Super Bowl?

22 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You give your all to a team, they re-sign you because they know you want to PLAY, and then sit you all year and cut you before a playoff run. I'm sure Harrison lost a LOT of respect for Tomlin and the Steelers.

Look, Steelers invited grandpa Harrison back on a 2 year $2m/yr contract as a veteran.  That's not chump change, that's pretty good money.  Guy is 39 years old, everyone knows what that means.  You're there to mentor the younger players, not to whine if you don't get enough snaps.  Anyways ... I hope Pats play that old slow traitor arse every single down, that would certainly tilt the AFC Conference game for the visitor's side.  

Edited by Neversummer

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Yes I would want to play for the Browns. They would not be my prefered choice but they have quite a bit of talent. As for Rosen and players skipping Bowl Games, I hate it. I guess I am a purist from that standpoint, as I feel when you commit yourself to a School and Team you should fulfill it entirely. Additionally, I always have been someone who looks beyond the mechanics and stats, and looks at winning. Who was the last Super Bowl winning QB to not win a share of Conference Title or win a BCS Bowl? Rosen hasn't even beaten USC, what makes you think he could win a Super Bowl?

Maybe put a team around him a d and a run game?

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I'd be weary of playing for the Browns to be honest.  They have a proven track record of mishandling talented prospects, especially QBs.  At some point a player does have to step back and really think about what is best for their career.  I think it's within their right to do that.  

I disagree about Bowl Games.  Schools let coaches go right before them.  Coaches leave the schools right before them (UCF and Frost).  If the ADs and coaches don't care enough to see the season through why should the players?  I also think bowl games have gotten watered down to the point where they don't hold as much importance anymore (some obvious exceptions of course).  Do you think Temple and their fans care that much about winning the Gasparilla Bowl?  I have my doubts that they do.  If your career depends on you being healthy going into the draft is it really worth risking it all for a glorified exhibition game?

As far as Rosen goes as a prospect, you might have valid concerns about his skills, but that doesnt make him a slime ball.

Edited by Jägermeister

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

I'd be weary of playing for the Browns to be honest.  They have a proven track record of mishandling talented prospects, especially QBs.  At some point a player does have to step back and really think about what is best for their career.  I think it's within their right to do that.  

I disagree about Bowl Games.  Schools let coaches go right before them.  Coaches leave the schools right before them (UCF and Frost).  If the ADs and coaches don't care enough to see the season through why should the players?  I also think bowl games have gotten watered down to the point where they don't hold as much importance anymore (some obvious exceptions of course).  Do you think Temple and their fans care that much about winning the Gasparilla Bowl?  I have my doubts that they do.  If your career depends on you being healthy going into the draft is it really worth risking it all for a glorified exhibition game?

As far as Rosen goes as a prospect, you might have valid concerns about his skills, but that doesnt make him a slime ball.

I won't touch on the Bowl Game conversation because, the mindset in which you look at these games are completely different then mine.

Josh Rosen. His demeanor, his actions (well documented), his arrogance are all reasons why I am not too fond of him. 

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hearing today the Johnny Football has cleared CFL rules to sign with Hamilton.  Hamilton worked Manzeil out twice, and liked him.  June Jones says Manzeil would do great things in the CFL

Why hasn't doesn't Kaepernick come to CFL? No NFL team is gonna sign him. XFL could be another option if it actually returns and lasts longer then 1 season this time.

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

Why hasn't doesn't Kaepernick come to CFL? No NFL team is gonna sign him. XFL could be another option if it actually returns and lasts longer then 1 season this time.

Getting Manzeil and Kaepernick would fill the seats across the CFL for sure.  Love to see them both.  Love to see Kap here for our Lions.  Bet he draws over 50,000 fans!