The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 minutes ago, Rosalie73 said:

Today I've received my first Christmas gift: a Cleveland Browns tuque. A FREAKING  CLEVELAND BROWNS TUQUE! I mean...Is there a message that I'm supposed to understand? What did I do wrong? :(

It’s the thought that counts.  However, in this case ... :lol:

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s the thought that counts.  However, in this case ... :lol:

Do you think that they were trying to tell me that I suck at life? The card that came with it said: "You're very special and unique...just like the Cleveland Browns."  :o

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rosalie73 said:

Today I've received my first Christmas gift: a Cleveland Browns tuque. A FREAKING  CLEVELAND BROWNS TUQUE! I mean...Is there a message that I'm supposed to understand? What did I do wrong? :(

I'll take it if you don't want it :P

On 21/12/2017 at 3:36 PM, Rosalie73 said:

Do you think that they were trying to tell me that I suck at life? The card that came with it said: "You're very special and unique...just like the Cleveland Browns."  :o

Browns are actually gonna be good though. All they have to do is keep the number one and not trade down this time. This draft is gonna be awesome for qbs so they're telling you to get on board the dog pound bandwagon.

• Cheers 1

So it looks like the Packers played a fast one on the NFL and according to the rule book, should be obligated to release A-Rod:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/teams-think-aaron-rodgers-should-be-released-after-packers-violate-ir-rules/ar-BBHfrtH?li=AAggFp5

According to ESPN, multiple teams complained that Green Bay violated the league's rules regarding players who are eligible to be placed on injured reserve and believe the Packers should have to release the quarterback as a result.

Rodgers missed eight weeks with a broken right collarbone, but was activated off injured reserve ahead of the team's Week 15 matchup in Carolina, though he eventually left the game due to soreness. The Packers' loss to the Panthers, coupled with the Falcons win over the Buccaneers on Monday, eliminated Green Bay from the playoffs, so the team opted to end Rodgers' season and place him on injured reserve again Tuesday.

NFL rules state that a player must suffer a new injury that requires at least six week to heal in order to be placed on injured reserve or the team is obligated to release the player once they are healthy. A number of teams argued that Rodgers didn't suffer a new injury when he endured 12 hits against the Panthers, making him ineligible for the move.

So the question is: Does Goodell (who had no problem handing out harsh punishments to the Saints, Pats and Cowboys) have to stones to force Green Bay to release Rodgers? My money is on "no", but I do see some pretty major sanctions being levied at the pack for next season.

Dear Seattle,

Trade Russell Wilson to a competitor for a 1st round draft pick in the offseason.

Use the 1st rounder to draft a quality running back, and an offensive lineman.

Use your 2nd and 3rd round picks to draft O-linemen. 

Pick up Kaepernick. 

2019 draft another QB, and Receiver. 

Your QB is being murderlized out there, and you don't bother building a corps of receivers, nor want to invest in a strong O line, or running game.

And your team is going to suffer for it. Wilson is going to have a short career at this rate, and he can't avoid defenders forever.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

“How ‘bout them Cowboys?”  :lol:

Earl Thomas apparently loves them and made a point to go into Cowboys locker room and tell Jason "The Clapper" Garett to "come get me if y'all can".

Seahawks love the drama win or lose offseason be full of it so many big egos on that team that constantky need to be massaged.

My bold prediction is one member of LOB gets traded or cut to free up cap to make upgrades on the o line and offence.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Earl Thomas apparently loves them and made a point to go into Cowboys locker room and tell Jason "The Clapper" Garett to "come get me if y'all can".

Seahawks love the drama win or lose offseason be full of it so many big egos on that team that constantky need to be massaged.

My bold prediction is one member of LOB gets traded or cut to free up cap to make upgrades on the o line and offence.

Tbh Seattle should move on from all 3 if possible. Get value while you can. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Kam is going to retire, so is Avril. I see Earl using this "discussion" as leverage for a better contract

Edited by ReggieBush
  • Upvote 1