The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Geroy Simon did the weather on CBC Sask today. I can't find a video of it* (and I missed it myself) but here are the bloopers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GaTXWuOWwk

I know some of you are still pretty big fans of his and thought you might like this.

*I did check the cbc news website.

Good pickup for the Riders, but I have to confess that I was hoping he'd accept the offer from Ottawa. Burris needs all the help he can get...

I know, but he apparently took less money though I think if he takes up all the offers from local businesses it probably wouldn't be much different...

It would be good if ottawa could get a pick up or 2 to help them out too.

http://bclions.com/video/index/id/98911

Jesus, saw this firsthand (Bighill's leg strength)...after the loss, we were beside his wife/girlfriend who was standing on the rail as he was greeting us (fans) on the lower level. He took about two strides then leaped straight up, grabbed the lower level rail and gave her a smooch! It was awesome..apparently he does that every game. But to see that explosive leg strength in action - wow.

http://bclions.com/video/index/id/98911

Jesus, saw this firsthand (Bighill's leg strength)...after the loss, we were beside his wife/girlfriend who was standing on the rail as he was greeting us (fans) on the lower level. He took about two strides then leaped straight up, grabbed the lower level rail and gave her a smooch! It was awesome..apparently he does that every game. But to see that explosive leg strength in action - wow.

He is one of my fav Lions..he has such drive and dedication.....I like Sol El as well...got a soft spot opening up for Bazzie..but he will be an allstar and leave for the NFL....

• Upvote 1

If that was offside they better start calling the Riders receivers as they are offside almost every play.

Edit: See - they were over the LOS before the snap yet again.

Edit on that return by the Riders: That's why I don't like to give up 2 - If Rider get a TD now, you just gave them 9 points.

Edited by Heretic

Man Nick Moore's departure is really hurting us right now.

Did he fumble the ball a lot as a Lion. I can recall three times he has fumbled, and he missed some time with an injury. He does make great catches as well, but it's just something I noticed.

The refs ruined that game for me: holding on the Riders goal line TD, offside like mad on the last TD drive, not overturning a call, even with review. One ref (Umpire?) got in the way of a Rider on a Winnipeg TD, though it would've been hard, however not impossible, for him to make the play anyway.

That said, the run defense stunk again. The Riders may have a good o-line, but there should be some push back. Also glad to see Willy recover...that would've ended our season right there.

Edited by c00kies

Did he fumble the ball a lot as a Lion. I can recall three times he has fumbled, and he missed some time with an injury. He does make great catches as well, but it's just something I noticed.

Eh, he put out 1100 yards. Fumbles are fine in my book when you finish 3rd in the league in your position.

Eh, he put out 1100 yards. Fumbles are fine in my book when you finish 3rd in the league in your position.

Yeah I know, but I was just wondering if it was a common occurrence or just a weird stretch. Even Owens fumbled a lot, but I think he's better at that now.

Can`t even get the PI call right with the benefit of the review.

That was a PI. Pushed him clearly before the ball got there. :(

Honestly, I think they might as well scrap this rule.

According to the TSN color guy, (Suitor?) "they will only overturn the call if it is obvious". As a guy who has officiated hundreds of games myself, that was obvious, as was the tug on Ianuzzi's shoulder pads a couple of weeks ago.

I honestly don't understand this cowardly interpretation of the rules. You have the opportunity to get the call right. Stop hiding behind the real-time call, which doesn't have the benefit of slo-mo and multiple angles.

Typical CFL half-assed decision making....

According to the TSN color guy, (Suitor?) "they will only overturn the call if it is obvious". As a guy who has officiated hundreds of games myself, that was obvious, as was the tug on Ianuzzi's shoulder pads a couple of weeks ago.

I honestly don't understand this cowardly interpretation of the rules. You have the opportunity to get the call right. Stop hiding behind the real-time call, which doesn't have the benefit of slo-mo and multiple angles.

Well it HAS worked successfully a few times. I'd give them an off-season to tweak it before writing it off entirely as it is a good idea if implemented properly.

They should have 3 or 5 officials watch the play a few times and then submit their call, regardless of the call on the field. Whichever gets the most votes, stands.

I'm sure the right call would be made more than it is now.