The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

How he plays is not irrelevant at all. If he is playing well, then during the season there will be suitors. There is a lot more opportunity once teams have assessed their goaltending situation halfway in to the season. If Lu is hot near the trade deadline, then I guarantee there will be teams ready to take him on a run.

I might point out that Lu has not given a list of acceptable teams, or said he won't go to any specific ones. YOU may think he has a two team list, but if a contending team wants him for a playoff run, then I doubt he says no. That is my guess, but at least I recognize that it's just a guess.

Distraction to who? What does Lu's cap hit have to do with distracting the room? If he gets all prima donna, then there might be a distraction, but I think you are over estimating the situation. Again, that's my guess, and I recognize that I am just guessing.

Chances are that the goaltenders will play 50/50 especially with such a compressed schedule.

Also, you do remember what our team looks like even without the return from Lu, right? It's not like we have a terrible team while paying him 5.3M to play every other night.

What's wrong with waiting for the right deal to come? Because that's what MG has been doing all along. If MG doesn't find the right deal for Luongo, which had been the case all summer, there is absolutley nothing wrong in keeping him and Schneider.

and you're the future boy GM muahaha - good luck with that.

who would cut hasty deals out of fear of over-estimated future 'distractions' and what if situations...

"If Luongo were to be playing backup"...."What if he gets injured" blah, blah...

Sounds like Gillis hasn't actually mishandled the situation - all you've got is what if he doesn't move Luongo after the CBA, or what if he waits to the trade deadline, or who knows what 'what if' you are actually whining about?

"he would get restless and would likely start putting pressure on Gillis to make a move. This is where he would become a hge distraction."

What if you whiners wait and see what Gillis gets/does? As it stands, you are setting interwebz records in this thread for the most premature, peevish, what-if whining.

You and King are like the Energizer versions of a broken clock.

Archived