Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Lockout Hurts an Anxious lapierre

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Get used to seeing his face because unless we pick up a veteran like Arnott... you are looking at our 2nd line centre for the first half of the season.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#32 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Get used to seeing his face because unless we pick up a veteran like Arnott... you are looking at our 2nd line centre for the first half of the season.

I think Schroeder will be given a shot for a few games at least. Whether he can get the job done is another thing. GIven the shortened season and diminished margin for error, you'd have to imagine all experiments (i.e. Schroeder/Lapierre on the second line) will be on a very short leash.

Shiznak at his best: 

Considering their cap hit and age, I'd still take Bonino over Kesler. 

#33 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Schroeder will be our 2nd line center, but Lapierre will get more minutes as he will play the shutdown role that Kesler plays plus the top PK minutes that Kesler played. Look for around 15-17 minutes every game.

Schroeder will get 11-14 minutes of pure offense, much like Cody did.

#34 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Re-signs.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#35 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Imo, Higgins is a better 2C than Lapierre. Although I think Lappy will have a very good season.

#36 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

I have a great feeling about Lapierre this season. He is starting to really come into his own, and has oodles of unexploited talent.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#37 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Seeing Lapierre play on the second line would be interesting to say the least...

Sig too big. 

#38 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Max played well with Burr and Henrik.

LaPierre 6 `foot 2 and 227lbs -415 NHL games
Higgins 6 feet and 203 lbs-482 NHL games
Malholtra 6 foot 2 and 220 lbs-855 NHL games played
Kesler 6 foot 2 and 202 lbs-561 NHL games played
Ebbett 5 foot 9 and 172 lbs -182 NHL games

Schroeder 5 foot 9 175 pounds - 0 NHL games played

`` Schroeder will be our 2nd line center`` Dasein

Gillis cautioned that in a sprint-to-the-finish kind of season that is about to start, it might be more difficult for young, inexperienced players to crack the lineup.
"You don't have the luxury of a full season to experiment," Gillis said. "We were planning to introduce a number of young players, now I am not sure how that is going to work out with a shortened schedule.
"Obviously, with a 48-game schedule you don't have any room for experimentation or introduction unless the player is ready to play and ready to contribute. That is going to change the dynamics not only for us but for every team in the league. We are going to have to go with our best players every night no matter what to make sure we get into the playoffs and have an opportunity to advance."

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2HMYQMyK7

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.