The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

once lockouts over do you think gillis will make a few trades or stay pat

canuktravella

I wouldn't trade Lu Ballard or Raymond until we put half a season of playing behind us.

I'm worried about Schneider's nightly consistency under pressure.

I think Ballard could be one of our star players now that he is on his natural side.

Raymond is potentially one of our best forwards and unless he has not fully recovered I think he will light it up for us.

Booth can also be a star for us if he learns to play in his team mates and be more responsible defensively.

I think we are good to go.

The only major move will be Luongo. I bet that deal is already waiting for a new CBA to be announced. As for Ballard, he is finnally on his natural side and will shine with the Canucks next season. Other than that, it's not going to be anything more than what has transpired so far.

personally i dont think Gillis will make any major moves. i think hes going to keep Lu, MayRay, and Ballard for at least the first bit of the season. if we arent doing great or we need some changes i think he will look to move people but i dont think he has excepted a deal for Lu yet nor has he actually went out and tried to get him traded.

love Lu i want him to stay. Schneider and Lu winning the cup together this year would be awesome, then his value goes way up and we trade him for something good.

Highly unlikely that Luongo trade is already done. What happens to contractual rights and especially the penalty on back diving contracts will sway luongos value. If Canucks have to bear the cap hit when he retires, that makes Lu's contact much more palatable.

But if we salvage a season and play more games in a condensed schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if MG holds out for his value. Lu and Schneider will have more back to back games to split and keep each other fresh and push each other for another Jennings. That is, if, we don't get what Luongo is really worth, and not just on a discount.

Raymond may surprise people. He's had success in the juniors and great start to his career. But due to his injuries and bc of the role switch in the team (ie no more power play time and more pk time) his development offensively really lagged. This is his make or break year with the Canucks and had a good long break to work out. Elite speed, decent hockey sense, good track record, versatility, history of chemistry with Kesler (Sammy kes Raymond line was pretty good) - I think Raymond is a decent contract. One year, no risk. Also think about what he would yield in return. A second round pick? Some would even want to send a second rounder for a depth winger at trade deadline! Raymond is not a bad option to have. Organization drafted and developed him and he knows the system and wants to be here. Hopefully he comes back with added muscles and improved shot and proves a lot of ppl wrong.

Archived