The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

I think it's clear that Drouin and Mackinnon should both be regular players in the top-six at this point. They're both playing with energy and getting results. Spott needs to stop playing favorites, stop giving minutes to players with "seniority" and give minutes to the players who are performing.

I agree Jenner would be very hard to replace with his good all-round game. It doesn't hurt my team though since i'm a swede ;) But given the history of Jenner, with the spearing on Kuznetsov last year and the Maata hit, it's time for him to wake up and mature before it's too late. Also, Pettersson out for the tournament with a dislocated shoulder and a fractured wrist. Jenner should at least get a suspension. If he doesn't get one, it would be nothing but horrible.

If Binnington isn't the starter for this tourny they've made a huge mistake.

Subban has been horribly unimpressive, and after that performance Binnington has without a doubt shown he is a better choice.

I love Jenner, and am usually one to defend borderline dirty hits, but there was nothing borderline about this one, it came way too late. However it wasn't overly malicious outside of the timing. I expect a 1 or 2 game suspension.

Binnington looked very good out there. I hope for a change Canada has good goaltending in this tourney.

Wotherspoon not looking good so far. Why him over Corrado?

Reinharrt looked really slow out there.

Scheifele and Strome drive me up the wall sometimes. Scheifele's repeated soft turnovers aren't working for me. If that line doesn't start clicking I'd like to see a more energy type player playing with Huberdeau and Nuge that can get pucks and create space for them. Same with Strome, if he doesn't start producing I'd have no problem putting MacKinnon in his spot.

Jenner shouldn't have followed through on that hit. I hope he's not out more than 2 games.

I hate when Canada are so stationary on the powerplay. They do have the skill so hopefully it's just a matter of getting use to playing with each other.

I just noticed we haven't scored a power play goal yet. That is unacceptable as we are far too talented of a team. Remember the years with P.K. Subban when he was a force on the power play. That power play was unpredictable, something that Spott needs to match.

I like Canada's tough game but hopefully they aren't as undisciplined as they were last year. International officials can be very touchy so discipline will be important. Jenner's hit was definitely interference, but other than it was okay (basically a lot like Rome's hit). I don't think it deserves a suspension but this is international hockey so who knows

Really unimpressed by Canada's defense. They look good on paper but aren't really living up to expectations.

-Murphy looks pretty bad positionally

-Wotherspoon looks shaky at times

-Reinhart seems slow and isn't looking very good compared to when he plays with his junior team

Sproul and Corrado should have made the team.

Archived