Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

How can the NHL win you back?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78,289 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lower down the Ticket and beverage prices!

307mg00.jpg

#32 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

-bettman resigns as commisssioner, JAcob removed as Chariman of BOG and investigated for bribery of refs
-Move teams to Canada
-tickets prices lowered

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#33 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

so all the nhl needs to do is nothing different? You are willing to support them regardless of all this? Talk about a perfect NHL fan according to the NHL.. I bet they wish all fans would be so complacent..

maybe he has just accepted the fact that while acting all righteous on his priciples and conjuring up a list of demands for the players and owners to fulfill is fun to fantasize about......reality is that he will cave in and watch hockey well before any of his demands are actually met. So why deny himself something he enjoys when it finally is available again.

Well...atleast thats how I feel.

#34 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Gary's head on a block of ice

Enough with the militant my-way-or-the-highway approach to negotiating. 3 lockouts in his reign. Totally unacceptable.

516ltt.jpg

#35 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

They can start by taking me to the keg for a prime rib dinner

#36 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

• Fire Bettman and Daley
  • Enforce the rule book properly (no more "game management")
  • Make NHL refs accountable. Fire the numerous incompetent ones.
  • Lifetime ban for chronic dirty play ie. Marchand
  • Like the idea for World Cup/Olympics
  • No shootouts. I don't care what alternative they use,but get rid of them.
  • Instant replay brought in. Allow coaches to appeal penalties.
NHL or its major sponsors will not see a penny from me until ALL the first 4 come to pass. This includes watching games on TV (there are alternatives).

Edited by Number14, 27 December 2012 - 05:30 PM.

ldM48CQ.gif

#37 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

1. Start the friggin hockey already
2. Fire Bettman
3. Make it so that Fehr can no longer touch hockey in any way

#38 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,615 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

No commitment to their fans.
Not a winning(-back) formula.
Don't see a positive answer to this question, only a reciprocal reality.

#39 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Better be dishing out some free tickets and a chance to meet your favorite player!

Oh and Bettman HAS to go.

Edited by Jaku, 27 December 2012 - 09:13 PM.

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#40 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,255 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Phoenix Coyotes, Florida Panthers, and Tampa Bay lightning.

**New Promotion**

Free season tickets
Free Food
Free Beer
$1.50 for parking.

Only 18000 available.

First 1000 receive 24 hour access to arena facilities and V.I.P treatment.

First 20 receive a split of Vincent Lecavalier or Brian Campbell or Shane Doan's salary.

Canucks fans move to Phoenix, Florida, and Tampa Bay.

Edited by playboi19, 27 December 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#41 sting

sting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

The only things I like are re alignment with equal teams east and west and World cup. My suggestions: 1. Stop missing games due to labour impasse. 2. All games are worth 3 pts. 3. Large reductions to goalie equipment sizes. 4. Illegal defense calls. 5. One referee. 6. No touch icing. 7. No sliding down to block shots in crease. 8. No hard shell elbow and shoulder pads. I am sickened that these work stoppages keep happening. The NHL was able to play through WW2 but the rich owners and players of today cannot find a way to cut up a 3.3 billion dollar pie??? This is shameful and they should all be friggen embarrassed. It's time to get talking and get everyone back to business before they lose anymore of their integrity and fans.

#42 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 27,299 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

My thoughts.

No to realignment unless it's resulting in dumping two teams and having a dispersal draft.

Free Centre Ice. No-brainer

No to the World Cup. The reason the Canada Cup/World Cup was there was back in the day the best Russia and other countries could play against Canada with an NHL sized rink, and was at one point the only time the playing field was level. With the Olympics the World Cup has become redundant.

2 points for a regulation win, 1 point for O/T or Shootout win, 0 points for the loser. Why does the NHL reward a team just because it's tied in regulation?

Try this one (It won't happen but it would be great) 1 game (at least) is NHL Fan Appreciation Night. Tickets for adults is 50% off.
Kids 12 and under, FREE. All merchandise at the team stores are 50% off as well. It would show the NHL is serious about it's fans. It would also be a rare chance for parents to bring kids to a hockey game. Kids that go to games and get into hockey, become hockey fans and stay hockey fans. Long term it means more fans.

Just my 2 cents.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#43 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Would love to see the World Cup back every 4 years. And yes keep sending players to Olympics.

Not sure how the whole "drop the ticket price" wish is going to go. Supply and Demand, if they don't sell enough seat you can be sure the ticket prices will come down. If they sell out don't hold your breath.

#44 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Presently, I'd love it if there was a 'Beat Your Boss' app that allows you to beat caricatures of Fehr and Bettman with sticks, pucks, equipment, concession foods/drinks, or tinfoil-wrapped fists. The Fehr and Bettman caricatures dodge attacks, hide behide lawyers, and parry your attacks with legal folders. You have to beat their HP down to zero as quickly as possible, because the 82-second timer represents the number of games you've saved.

In all seriousness, I'd love to see the NHL and NHLPA/Players each commit about 10% of their earnings to youth hockey programs in the 30 NHL cities. It would be a great gesture to existing hockey-mad markets, and help build fanbases in currently struggling markets.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and get Gretzky back involved in something, even if it's just handing out the Cup. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of seeing lawyers who can't skate handing out hockey's most cherished prizes.

Edited by brewdog, 28 December 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#45 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,794 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

My thoughts.

No to realignment unless it's resulting in dumping two teams and having a dispersal draft.

Free Centre Ice. No-brainer

No to the World Cup. The reason the Canada Cup/World Cup was there was back in the day the best Russia and other countries could play against Canada with an NHL sized rink, and was at one point the only time the playing field was level. With the Olympics the World Cup has become redundant.

2 points for a regulation win, 1 point for O/T or Shootout win, 0 points for the loser. Why does the NHL reward a team just because it's tied in regulation?

Try this one (It won't happen but it would be great) 1 game (at least) is NHL Fan Appreciation Night. Tickets for adults is 50% off.
Kids 12 and under, FREE. All merchandise at the team stores are 50% off as well. It would show the NHL is serious about it's fans. It would also be a rare chance for parents to bring kids to a hockey game. Kids that go to games and get into hockey, become hockey fans and stay hockey fans. Long term it means more fans.

Just my 2 cents.

Actually it was originally part of the agreement to have Canada participate in the IIHF world championships. Hockey Canada didn't like that it started prior to the NHL playoffs finishing. Which would leave out several of Canada's best players. So the deal was every four years Euro teams would participate in the Canada Cup in exchange for Canada's participation in the World Championships every year.

With the inclusion of NHL players in the Olympics it has become rather redundant. Although I wouldn't mind it continuing in between Olympic games as it's great hockey.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#46 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

An interesting blog by Pierre Lebrun got me thinking, what would be enough for the NHL to win you back besides just ending the season?

Be realistic, they arent going to lower ticket prices or crap like that. But they acknowledge those who are season ticket holders and keep their subscription.

Read his blog first:

http://m.espn.go.com...me=nhl&id=20867

I agree with everything Lebrun said except one, I enjoy watching hockey in June, thats the Canadian in me.. I don't know what he is talking about there...

#47 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I agree with everything Lebrun said except one, I enjoy watching hockey in June, thats the Canadian in me.. I don't know what he is talking about there...

I agree, and that goes for any hockey fan....not just the Canadian fans. Once the season ends, the only sport left in America is baseball. Good lord, I cant go from playoff hockey to regular season baseball....my brain doesnt downshift that fast. After about 6 pitches, the euphoria of mind-numbing boredom starts setting in and there is nothing to stop it.

#48 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,425 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

INCREASE BETTMAN's SALARY

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#49 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

so all the nhl needs to do is nothing different? You are willing to support them regardless of all this? Talk about a perfect NHL fan according to the NHL.. I bet they wish all fans would be so complacent..

i just want hockey, i dont give a crap about your high horse opinon of what you are owed as a fan.

if i could ask for one more thing, it would be that there are no more lockouts or strikes in my lifetime, i couldn't care less about what the 2 sides want.

Edited by avelanch, 31 December 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.