The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

Hi Deb, don't give into a lot of posters on CDC accussing others of trolling. King has demonstrated telling numbers which is hard to argue with. I'm not even sure why others have already dismissed it but it's crystal clear. I think something is not going right with Kassian or his development which the management needs to address.

This has nothing to do with giving in to anyone.....the numbers are fine, it's the "your Vancouver Canucks" and similar statements (some that may have been cleaned up?) that demonstrate the fact that he is not a fan, but is here to prove us wrong. And that becomes trolling.

Kassian will continue to learn/develop...at 21, he's still at that stage in the NHL. He already is taking steps in that direction and some of his passing lately has been beautiful (his assist last game?)....so there are things that the numbers don't show. Sure, time will tell and he could be a bust - but let's just have a wait and see approach until enough time to make an assessment has transpired? Hard for the management to address anything when no one's playing!

And maybe the rah rah Canucks aren't the problem....maybe the problem is that some people need players to be showstopping blockbuster superstars or they're "no good"? With that,some will just develop into solid, consistent players that don't ring up the numbers but that doesn't make them bad players.

Opens thread with title that critiques Kassian

Sees King of the BS

Nothing to see here. Only an ignorant troll.

Honestly, if it were anyone else complaining about Kassian, I would respond to answer the post. However, King just takes every opportunity to rip Kassian. You'd think he stole his imaginary girlfriend.

Deb makes some vital points.

The kid shows flashes of brilliance and of having elite level skill.

He is 22 years old and some young guys take longer to develop and/or mature.

He could use all the help he can get on many levels and he will likely receive that from the Canucks.org so it is a waiting game for him to develop into a consistent pro.

This has nothing to do with giving in to anyone.....the numbers are fine, it's the "your Vancouver Canucks" and similar statements (some that may have been cleaned up?) that demonstrate the fact that he is not a fan, but is here to prove us wrong. And that becomes trolling.

FYI, I grew up in Vancouver and only left for college. "Your" Vancouver Canucks is a reference towards the PA announcer at the games, it has nothing to do with the team that I am a fan of. I am a fan of the Canucks, which is why I spend so much time on this message board. I would think that that would be pretty obvious. Team1040 is streamed daily from my home in Chicago. First and foremost, I follow the Canucks.

RE: "to prove us wrong". I'm bringing up concerns about a prospect based on hard numbers. Isn't that what message boards are for? To engage in discussion over these things?

Kassian will continue to learn/develop...at 22, he's still at that stage in the NHL. He already is taking steps in that direction and some of his passing lately has been beautiful (his assist last game?)....so there are things that the numbers don't show. That's only part of it. Sure, time will tell and he could be a bust - but let's just have a wait and see approach until enough time to make an assessment has transpired?

There's that word again - "bust", which I never said. Howcome anything that's not cheerleading on this site is trolling? Why can't these things just be discussed by adults?

So I guess you didn't put any stock into the fact that Kassian had 15 goals and 26 points in 30 AHL games last season, at the time of his acquisition? I recall his AHL production being referenced many times by Gillis as an important factor in the decision.

It was different in Rochester, he was playing with a team that piled up points and played with a steady linemate in Foligno.

Not to mention, the skill level in the AHL is much higher this season due to the lockout and as a result, the whole team is suffering.

After watching Kassian and Archibald on the same line last game it seems as if they compliment each other well. Much like when Foligno was on Kassian's line.

So maybe you should just wait and see; who knows, he might be a 2 p/g player for the rest of the season or not pickup any points at all. Hold up and wait to see what happens before making a thread like this to make a large percentage of cdc angry.

To be fair,Kassian hit a pretty good rough spot and was benched.

It was not exactly a positive or what any franchise puts on a list of things to do to make a rookie develop better or quicker.

The kid has some issues but that is life.

Let's see how he does.

So I guess you didn't put any stock into the fact that Kassian had 15 goals and 26 points in 30 AHL games last season, at the time of his acquisition? I recall his AHL production being referenced many times by Gillis as an important factor in the decision.

Can you tell me what in Kassian's game you are worried about? What he does well, what his weaknesses are and give an assessment of his play so far.

Since you draw concerns, I would like to know what you think it is in his game that is the problem.

Cause honestly ignorance aside, if you look at the way the wolves have played this year the entire team has gone through a slump, and yet JS and ZK have still managed to be among our most consistent players and have put up points consistently, on better teams (Like the Americans) they would both be producing to their potential.

From watching the games and seeing the way this team has played and the mistakes that are being made, the coach as to go IMO.

But nonetheless I would like you to address the 1st part of my post.

We know nothing until someone plays a season or two in the NHL. Time with the pros and seeing what it takes and how to prepare do not always start with a young player. Todd Bertuzzi and Markus Naslund come to miind about developing after a few years. And no i am by no means comparing these players just pointing out what i have seen over a long time.

...like...Justin Schultz, perhaps?

:bigblush:

can we get over the fact he was not going to come to Van city he made the best possible choice for himself and his future.

also this anti kassian crap from you kinda reminds me of the hate from clutch on burrows..

and how did that turn out.

i am not even a big Kassian fan i thought he was over rated until i started to pay attention to what he does and how he does it.

the pic in my sig is in reference to how everyone expected him to be a huge powerhouse as a 21 year old coming to vancouver and destroy anyone and everyone in his way... that is not the player that he is he is more then just a big body.

the kid will be a star .

You're still failing to understand the whole team is down in point production and he's tied for team lead in points. You try to come across as being someone who put thought into your post, but you left out some important facts:

1) Different Team and system

2) Different Coach

3) Coaches expectations

4) Their actually too many factors for the numbers you posted to tell the whole story. Number do not lie, but they also do not tell the whole story and its clear you have a hard time understanding this fact.

Whatever, Kassian sucks, I don't even care anymore time to overhype Jensen

Go Jensen

I'm glad to see that, you, King Of Bs, and Mr.MakesStupidPosts are all best friends now.

omGzzz teh codiez was trad3d kassian suks.

Get over it, Kassian will be great, all you people are, are the people that like to look down and degrade everything about our organization.

Why can't these things just be discussed by adults?

"Discussion" in your mind appears to be you constantly re-stating your opinion, followed by you ignoring inconvenient truths or perspectives which are brought up to counter your position. Once you are put in a corner with no reasonable way to argue your points, you go off on a tangent or introduce a new topic which was not previously part of the discussion.

It's lots of fun trying to pin you down on something, but I wouldn't say it is anything like having an adult discussion. :)

regards,

G.

I'm glad to see that, you, King Of Bs, and Mr.MakesStupidPosts are all best friends now.

omGzzz teh codiez was trad3d kassian suks.

Get over it, Kassian will be great, all you people are, are the people that like to look down and degrade everything about our organization.

If I have that much power than I truly pity you. Your little inspiring speech only makes my devil horns more robust

Archived