The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

@ericfrancis - Fan590 reporting (re:Luongo) team to watch is Edm...

If Luongo goes to Edmonton, he'll be flipped in a 3 way deal(Burke trades Edmonton D-Men/goalie backup to Edmonton?)...if true, no way it's a inter divisional straight trade. Names Canucks undoubtedly could be looking at are guys like Gagner, Paajavari, Hartikainen, Whitney and picks...maybe Leaf guys like the supposed Kadri/Bozak/Franson via Edmonton...

Edmonton being a dark horse could match up when Luongo referred to 'other teams' being involved...

With all the names coming back from Toronto in the Luongo deal, what are the chances of us getting Grabovski??

He fits our need and when Kesler gets back, he can either switch to a winger or 3rd line centre.

He makes 5.5m just alittle more than Luongo and we could possibly throw in Raymond in there aswell.

With all the names coming back from Toronto in the Luongo deal, what are the chances of us getting Grabovski??

He fits our need and when Kesler gets back, he can either switch to a winger or 3rd line centre.

He makes 5.5m just alittle more than Luongo and we could possibly throw in Raymond in there aswell.

Yeah, I also think they will make the playoffs next year but I don't see them being Cup contenders for at least 3 years.

Add a dynamic player like Nail to the Canucks and it changes a lot of things for the next 3 years. If EDM offered Nail for Lu I'd pay for Lu's ticket to EDM on top of driving him to the airport.

Really depends on who we get back. If it's a good package I'd do it. Luongo will be 37 by the time playoffs come around in 3 years when EDM will contend. He's been declining a bit lately, he's definitely not the player he was 3 years ago.

Yeah, I also think they will make the playoffs next year but I don't see them being Cup contenders for at least 3 years.

Add a dynamic player like Nail to the Canucks and it changes a lot of things for the next 3 years. If EDM offered Nail for Lu I'd pay for Lu's ticket to EDM on top of driving him to the airport.

Really depends on who we get back. If it's a good package I'd do it. Luongo will be 37 by the time playoffs come around in 3 years when EDM will contend. He's been declining a bit lately, he's definitely not the player he was 3 years ago.

We still play them 8 times a year and maybe in the playoffs.

id actually do that trade though, nail was a huge vancouver fan before he was drafted. Doubt edmonton would do it. They can probably trade nail in a couple years for a goalie when theyre ready for serious contention. that way they get a guy with a more appropriate age and career span.

id pay you to install a camera in your dash so i can watch that awkward drive to the airport... "Sooooooo Edmonton eh.. im sorry Mike traded you even further away from florida. i hear you have to actually fly back to vancouver for a connecting flight"... as your wearing a yakupov jersey lol

TOR

Luongo

Ballard

Raymond

Hansen

1st

VAN

Phaneuf

Kessel

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

BOOTH - KESSEL - KESLER

BURROWS - ARNOTT - MALHOLTRA