The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Anyone wonder if the Flyers would trade Luongo for Bryzgalov++ ?

Maybe something like Luongo for Bryzgalov + Courtier +prospect or pick?

Van would but out the Bryzgalov contract after the season? I think the buyout is around 23m

You kinda went into an array of points & subjects there, but now that I am using a computer and not my Iphone I'll address them.

I certainly don't call Luongo "expendable". Disgruntled yes but "expendable"? No. You don't give a rookie a repeat President's Trophy team with a closing window to a Stanley Cup, akin to giving a Ferrari 360 Mondena to a 16 year old; he'll crash it faster than you can pay for it.

I guess I just have to put exclamation marks on all of my posts while blindly walking the valley of shadows with homer glasses on?

In this case as with many others, fans do dictate how a franchise does by their mass behavior. In this case, the loud GTFO's toward Luongo via media is forcing Gillis' hand. Just listen to Team 1040 for one night and you'll see little b!tch fans running their mouths like little vindictive girls after a bad one night stand; for 6 HOURS! I stopped listening to the after hours talk because all it is is fans bitching and the media bitching and it becomes a mass bitchfest. If I want a bitchfest, I'll go to an orgy. If I want to listen to hockey, I certainly expect hockey.

So the fans and the media do influence decision making quite a bit.

How about booing your goaltender when he needs fans most?

Wow, it's been a while since I've been on these boards. Now getting to the topic at hand, I don't think Philly has the capspace to buy Bryz out, and take Luongo on? I can't remember what portion of the buyout stays on the cap, but Bryz's contract is pretty huge, so there would still be a large chunk of capspace taken up. If they were to wait for the amnesty, well I don't think they'd have the cap to have both Luongo and Bryz on the team until then, and if the plan is to wait until the summer, buyout Bryz, and then get Luongo... well I'm pretty sure Luo will be gone before they get the chance to do that.

I'd love for Philly to somehow pull it off, as they have more attractive pieces, but I just can't see how they could manage it?

Philly matches up better than Toronto for a trade for Louongo, just better young talent at more positions for the Canucks. Coutier or B.Schenn being the perfect fit for the Canucks and Holmgren is the type of GM to do it. Snider is filty rich and bying out Bryz is nothig to him. Lou makes the Fyers instant cup contenders in the east in a compressed season with little or no travel or time zones unlike the west. This rumour puts serious pressure on Toronto and Flotida to up the ante.

The buyout couldn't happen until the off-season, anyway, so Philly would then have nearly $12M allocated to their goaltenders (don't forget that Leighton is also currently signed) for the remainder of this season.

Do you think that's likely?

Philly's not realistically part of this equation until something is done with Bryz first.

That is such a moronic statement. 5 years ago luongo was arguably the best goalie in the world. He was in his prime, carried a team with no depth. He was phenomenal. Clouts was not comparable. To think Schneider is not the better option on all levels shows your knowledge is just not there. Time to start feeling bad for him and realize who the better goalie is.

I'm ready if you agree to zip it once Lou gets traded.

Somehow I'm pretty sure that will be the final straw and you'll wander around hastings for the rest of your days talking about how Luongo is the starting goalie of the Canucks.

Luongooooooooooooooooooo

Luongooooooooooooooooooo

Luongooooooooooooooooooo

It'll be 2058 and you'll be asking a park bench if he saw Luongo's shutout last night.

I'm ready if you agree to zip it once Lou gets traded.

Somehow I'm pretty sure that will be the final straw and you'll wander around hastings for the rest of your days talking about how Luongo is the starting goalie of the Canucks.

Luongooooooooooooooooooo

Luongooooooooooooooooooo

Luongooooooooooooooooooo

It'll be 2058 and you'll be asking a park bench if he saw Luongo's shutout last night.

Actually, this lockout permitted me to do many things I had delayed in my life and I don't think ill be following this team or hockey any longer. Three hours three times a week for months, even years, have added up to lots of entertainment at the cost of many other aspects.

Trading Luongo or not is really, in the grand scheme of things, entirely irrelevant.

Archived