The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I know it's not a team isn't unexpected, but I have a feeling it might be Florida, and the hold up is waiting on Theodore to perhaps waive his NTC, I think maybe with the way Huberdeau, Kovalev and Mueller have played that maybe the piece coming our way is Weiss, I know it's an old thought but that was something that struck my mind.

Is Hartnell married? Could be taking lessons from Pronger... :wub:

Again, I haven't had to see his posts for some time, unless someone else quotes him that is.

Now is the opportune time to put him on ignore like I did after the Weber offer sheet thread debacle and then you don't have to bother with all the idiocy of trying to debate anything logically with him.

The only thing I've seen is that Hartnell's rumoured to be dating the hot Philly weather girl.

Scott Hartnell is Hanging Out with Philadelphia’s Hot Weather Girl, Sheena Parveen

081912-Sheena-Parveen-400.jpg

But feel free to share where you saw it if you have a link.

Gillis:

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Like, how?

“Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy."

So if we can get a good deal for Lu, (Which seems unlikely ATM, Bozak and Kadri both are playing very well, Kadri has 2 goals in 2 games and has really improved defensively, from watching the last 2 games I can honestly say alot of the concerns you raised about him earlier don't seem to be noticable, and then Bozak has a goal and has been one of there best two way players (He was key tonight, won 18 of 23 faceoffs) So I don't see a move being made right now but just hold on, Scrivens was alright tonight but I suspect that there goaltending will dip eventually.

No need to overreact, just focus on Calgary.

And Hartnell and Giroux have very good chemistry. Flyers would be an ideal trade partner, Capitals and NYI are good choice as well. Lots of good prospects. Islanders are moving into the Barclay Center with the Nets. Brand new arena in Brooklyn could be appealing and the Islanders have a good young team.

Alright I'll take a stab at it. I'll say it's Washington, because they haven't been mentioned, and have a huge question mark in goal. I'll say that their attempted cap dump is Roman Hamrlik at 3.5m, of which we cannot use a 38 y/o defender who had a dismal season last year.

I'm going to assume the core of the deal centres around prospects or we manage to pry Johansson away from them (highly unlikely). I also doubt they move 2012 1st rounder Filip Forsberg. So let's say it's:

Van

Tom Wilson (RW)

Ryan Stoa ( C)

Roman Hamrlik (D)

Was

Luongo

Raymond

Why not forsberg. Look at washington depth at centre, they don't have a position for him. Backstrom will be the #1 centre for years to come. They have Riberio, Johansson, Perreault, all play centre, and on top of that they have Kuznetsov the best player not playing in the NHL who will come to the NHL after the olympics in 2014. Forsberg will end up being the 3 line centre just like staal was for the penguins and eventually they will have to move him. Why not now for an already proven goalie like luongo who can help holby develop in to a steady #1 role like he did with schneider. The only reason I don't see this is simply due to the fact that we need 2nd line help now and forsberg isn't going to be an impact player for a good 2-4 years.

Talk to be about being wrong about Kadri at the end of the season and look at his +/-, his points and pp points, faceoff winning percentage etc.

Both his goals have been scored on the pp. Playing with Kessel, Lupul, JVR etc on the pp, you're going to get points. Very similar issue to CoHo...playing w talent can inflate abilities.

Time will tell as I said.

Why not forsberg. Look at washington depth at centre, they don't have a position for him. Backstrom will be the #1 centre for years to come. They have Riberio, Johansson, Perreault, all play centre, and on top of that they have Kuznetsov the best player not playing in the NHL who will come to the NHL after the olympics in 2014. Forsberg will end up being the 3 line centre just like staal was for the penguins and eventually they will have to move him. Why not now for an already proven goalie like luongo who can help holby develop in to a steady #1 role like he did with schneider. The only reason I don't see this is simply due to the fact that we need 2nd line help now and forsberg isn't going to be an impact player for a good 2-4 years.

Archived