The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Salo/Garrison

nux4lyfe

Doesn't signing Garrison and letting Salo go look really good about know?..Obviously Salo isn't getting any younger and if this season is a wash he get's a yr older, As much as I love Salo and everything he did for us I think Gillis made the right decision especially considering how much money TB payed for him..

Really looking forward to watching Garrison in action, as someone who has followed him closely, I can honestly say we have a beast with a proper shot to add to our arsenal now!

I wouldn't have minded having both, but at some point the Canucks had to put down their Sami Salo security blanket and move on. With Salo gone, younger players (such as Tanev) get increased opportunities for ice time, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

Hope he does well in TB.

regards,

G.

Google: Canucks hardest shot.

Google: Canucks most accurate shot.

Sami's is one of the finest in both categories for the last half dozen years with the Nucks.

Hope Garrison can carry Sami's jock strap cuz Sami was one of the league's finest shooters,not just the Canucks best.

Sami won it every year I remember but for those Canuck fans without memories here is the old man:

http://volunteerbug.blogspot.com/2012/01/vancouver-canucks-superskills.html

Sami's is one of the finest in both categories for the last half dozen years with the Nucks.

Hope Garrison can carry Sami's jock strap cuz Sami was one of the league's finest shooters,not just the Canucks best.

Sami won it every year I remember but for those Canuck fans without memories here is the old man:

http://volunteerbug....uperskills.html

Good decision. Total no brainer, our defence itself was weak last year, no point having an older aging defenceman playing unless of course we would have traded Edler than we could have fit him in. Only a nit would think otherwise. :)

http://volunteerbug....uperskills.html

Salo was pretty good and has skillz but was a bit over rated as a Canuck. And the injuries,sweet baby jesus, the injuries. I thought we should have moved him for whatever he was worth 3 or 4 years ago.

If Garrison gets the same kind of ice time Salo recieved and puts up 75% of the offensive numbers while being tougher and more intimidating to the opposition, I willl be quite content.

Just my opinion, but Garrison at 28 years of age, 6 years at $27.6MM, decent upside, moderate risk (i.e., 2.5 seasons in the bigs, with one year rated as second best defensive defenceman by Corsi ratings in 2010-2011, break out year in 2011-2012, some health concerns) is a better option than Salo at 38 years of age, 2 years at $7.5MM. You know exactly what you're getting with Sami, especially his leadership qualities, but he's in the twilight of his injury-filled career. He serves a greater purpose for the Lightning than he would have for the Canucks.

I've always been a Salo fan, but his time was done in Vancouver...no different than when we had to say goodbye to Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison, etc. Life goes on.

Salo was pretty good and has skillz but was a bit over rated as a Canuck. And the injuries,sweet baby jesus, the injuries. I thought we should have moved him for whatever he was worth 3 or 4 years ago.

If Garrison gets the same kind of ice time Salo recieved and puts up 75% of the offensive numbers while being tougher and more intimidating to the opposition, I willl be quite content.

appreciate everything salo did for this team while he was here he was one of the best d-men we had over the last few years.but older slower and less durable have to play a factor when looking at the best option for the future. Garrison may or may not ever be what salo WAS but as far as what salo IS i think Garrison is a better option.

plus the Mr Garrison jokes will also hold some value

Archived