19 replies to this topic

#1 Canucks4Cup2012

Canucks4Cup2012

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hey guys I was deciding which hockey stick to choose and needed some advice, maybe one of you guys can help me out. I play forward postion is centre. So the two sticks are Easton RS and Easton Mako. Which stick is better for wrist shots and quick snap shots. Any help would be great thanks! I have used other sticks as in reebok a.I and warrior swizzle. Swizzle was better for me rather then the reebok. What sticks do you guys enjoy the most?.
Posted Image

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

I'm not an Easton fan at all, never had any luck with them, either I just don't like the feel or they break easily.
Always been a fan of Vapors (I have an APX now) and the CCM U+'s (had a Johnny T Pro Stock, by far the best stick I've ever had).
If you like Warrios, I've had a few different models of the Dolomite, and they've all felt good and lasted a decent amount of time.

Jagermeister.jpg

#3 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I use a Warrior Dolomite Spyne with a Draper curve (85 flex) and it's honestly the best hockey stick i have ever used. I've used all kinds of sherwoods, Eastons, CCM, and thus far the Dolomite Spyne is the best one i've used. It's super light, and so far it's been durable. I've had it for over a year, there's a little bit of wear and tear, but the integrity of the stick hasn't been compromised.
As for the Mako or the RS, i have heard good things about both, i played with a guy that had an RS last year and he spoke nothing but good things about it. This year one of my close friends bought a Mako and he has abused the crap out of it and it has lasted him well. He has a bomb of a slapshot, and after he got the Mako it seemed like his shot was harder. It's also a crazy light stick.
Look at reviews, if ya have the chance compare sticks in person. If I was to choose I'd take the RS.

Posted Image

This is my twig.

Edited by Jaku, 07 January 2013 - 01:50 PM.

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#4 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Son, you must venture into the woods and find a young baby tree of just the right length. Then you must begin shaving your wood, slowly. Slowly shape it into a stick, and then it will begin to take shape. You will be able to play hockey with the empowerment that you made that stick from wood you harvested on the night of the 12th moon.

Either that or go in the store and get a feel for them, and read some reviews.

FWYIerW.png

#5 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Best twig I ever had was the Bauer Supreme One95, too bad they don't make it any more. I've always liked Bauer's gear, the new Nexus seems pretty sick.

#6 jatylo

jatylo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sorry don't really know what stick you should use. Might lean towards the Rs as it sounds more like a scoring stick and the mako seems more like a possession and stick handling stick. (don't know if anything i just wrote made sense)

I just use under 100 dollar sticks. I am using the Bauer X:40 and it is ok (don't like rounded edges has to be square) and a Coffey woodie which i love for a backup stick

#7 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I use what ever is 20$ at sportschek.. But I dont play ice hockey lol

#8 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

This is my hockey stick:

Posted Image

I would lend it to you, but you wouldn't be able handle the sheer power of it.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 07 January 2013 - 01:37 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#9 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,472 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

This is my hockey stick:

Posted Image

I would lend it to you, but you wouldn't be able handle the sheer power of it.

what's the flex in that beast

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#10 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

what's the flex in that beast

A nice whippy 850.

#11 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I prefer Bauer sticks, but if those are your only 2 choices, go with the RS.

#12 Canucks4Cup2012

Canucks4Cup2012

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for all the help!
Posted Image

#13 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

If you want wrist shots and snap shots go for a low kickpoint stick like an RS. I'm not sure what the Mako is tbh but I know the RS is a low kickpoint. Bauer Vapors are as well.
Posted Image

#14 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for all the help!

I'm sorry I wasn't any help at all.

#15 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Best twig I ever had was the Bauer Supreme One95, too bad they don't make it any more. I've always liked Bauer's gear, the new Nexus seems pretty sick.

Best stick I've ever used but I finally broke mine recently :sadno: . I have an Easton S19 and Warrior Dolomite Spyne as well but neither feel nearly as good as the one95. I don't think the S19 is a bad stick but it feels so different from the Supreme which I was so used to, can't seem to get much flex out of it. I can get a really accurate wrist shot with the Dolomite Spyne (Kovalchuk curve) but it is heavier than most high end sticks.

sig by Malkin71

#16 coho8888

coho8888

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I love my One95. The best stick i've ever played with. You may still be able to find one at the sports exchange on Burrard and 4th.

#17 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I love my One95. The best stick i've ever played with. You may still be able to find one at the sports exchange on Burrard and 4th.

Thanks for the tip. I had to quit using mine because I outgrew the flex, when I went to go find a stiffer version was after they quit making them. I ended up buying a Vapor X4.0 but it isn't the same.

#18 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Yeah I just got a Bauer Vapor like others said it's pretty good, it has a low kick point which is good for quick releases for your wrist and snap shots.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#19 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Best stick I've ever used but I finally broke mine recently :sadno: . I have an Easton S19 and Warrior Dolomite Spyne as well but neither feel nearly as good as the one95. I don't think the S19 is a bad stick but it feels so different from the Supreme which I was so used to, can't seem to get much flex out of it. I can get a really accurate wrist shot with the Dolomite Spyne (Kovalchuk curve) but it is heavier than most high end sticks.

The two will certainly not feel anywhere near the same because the One95 has a much more concave shaft and it is more squared on the edges. The concavity of the Easton is much more subtle and it is more rounded on the edges. The flexes, weights and lies of the sticks are also likely different, which makes a huge difference.

This is why I always prefer to keep identical sticks as a backup. Switching to a totally different stick in the middle of a game (especially from one you are very accustomed to) can have a significant impact, usually one that results in cuss words after each shift.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#20 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I've played with and against guys who have the RS and all their shots are pretty hard. The only thing that is holding me back from purchasing one is the durability of it, I heard they break easily.

I would purchase the Bauer TotalOne
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.