Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrluongo

[Official] Canucks training camp thread

39 posts in this topic

Good post, thanks for the updates. I'm glad that Corrado did well (as usual, kid's a stud), I think we could see a Garrison - Corrado pairing in our future that will shutdown everybody and generate lots of offence too.

I remember on Global TV during the sports segment of the news the sportscaster said that morning/noon training camp and night scrimmages are open to the public. Did I hear wrong (I did have a bit of scotch at the time, just saying) or is that actually true? If so, where? When?

Kassian's back must still be bothering him. All those things you said (being slow, poor shot, losing the puck, etc) point to his back not being 100%. Hopefully he recovers quickly. We may need him in the top 6 with Kesler and potentially Booth being out.

Absolutely fantastic post

Did it look like Kassians back hurt?

I got there slightly late, was the glass not broken by Higgins the day before and they just replaced it today or was another glass broken?

In the first group, Gordon probably had the worst day having troubles controlling the puck, although he seemed to be having a good time and laughing it all off. Cannata definitely looked pretty solid in net and I sure hope he was just impressive rather than the inability to score from our younger players.

My impressions of Schroeder aren't really great, but that's just based on a couple of training camp days. He would get outmuscled rather easily and although he has some quickness, he's going to have to show a lot of talent to overcome his size issue. He was just plastered on the boards a couple of times by Alberts on the first day. Whenever he was part of faceoff drills, he was getting beat quite easily (even if it was against some pretty decent faceoff men in Manny and Lappy).

Raymond, Higgins and Hansen were probably the more aggressive players during camp so far with them throwing the most hits or getting hit. I'm not the biggest Raymond fan, but other than the usual falling, he has worked pretty hard in camp so far and had some decent shooting.

I agree that Garrison and Edler have probably been the more impressive dmen on the team so far on both ends of the rink. Barker hasn't shown much offensively so far, so he better solidify his defensive game if he expects ice time.

Luongo, hard to say if he's mentally checked out or not. He doesn't seem to be taking this camp seriously or maybe he's just off to his usual slow start. He was beat quite often, but I'm not too sure how he compared to Schneider as I was sitting closer to Luongo's end.

I know its only training camp and all, but let me be the first too say

:canucks:GO CANUCKS GO :canucks:

Team Canada failed to secure a medal this year becaue Frankie Corrado was cut from the team, what reasons is is beyond anyone's guess. He was cleary the best defencemen trying out for team Canada at the time. So it's really not shocking to see him do good.

Kassian is still healing. He was likely going slow by choice.

Cool thanks for the update you lucky people who didnt have work today!~

AV said Kass looked "Real Solid Today".

I think I'll go with the coach on this.

Canucks need to publicize this way better. The arena is empty. Most teams around the league are doing a great job of creating a buzz about hockey being back and have sold out rinks for these open practices so it's weird that Rogers Arena has so few people come out.

I get the feeling that Corrado is going to be a good NHL defenseman for quite a while. He seems to have improved a lot. He looks like a steal at 150th Overall.

Quick question for those of you who attend games/practice regularly. I noticed that it says lower bowl only will be open for the scrimmage, does anyone know if the lower bowl has wheelchair seating? I've only ever been to one game & it was nowhere near the ice.