The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

Your argument about fighting in the playoffs is ignorant. Did you see one of the Canucks players doing to other superstars what Marchand did to Sedin? He slaped Sedin around like a rented mule. No you don't . You know why that little squid Marchand can? Because of the toughness on the Bruins.

Just ask the Canucks players how important they think it is to have a guy like Vandermeer on the team. It wasn't MG who thought about signing him, it was the players.

Bieksa (assistant Captain) went to MG and lobbied him to sign Vandermeer after consulting with other Canucks players.

His Lack of Sterling play has prevented him from Joslin for a position on the Canucks. He should be Mullen his play over the next few weeks or else he and the horse he Rodin on will be Friesen for the rest of the season in Chicago instead of in the Hunt for the Stanley Cup in Cannata.

Wow somebodies arrogant today.

I don't care how much MMA knowledge you have, or whether it's illegal in other sports.

We're talking about hockey here. Hockey fighting has way different dynamics than regular fighting. You're standing on skates and swinging around. You're not pounding a guys head into a mat.

And again, Eager didn't even practice today. So I would say the damage to him was a little bit more than a cut to the eyebrow.

hope he clears..

as for kassian i think he won the fight but either way what i really liked about that fight was he did not wait until Eager did something to the Sedins.

We all know what kind of a player Eager is and i can bet you he was not on the ice against the Sedins to do anything else then intimidate them (or run them if he gets the chance) I don't know if that is what Kass was thinking but he ended up taking Eager out of the game for a minimum of 5 min were the Sedins and everyone else can play with a little less worry about being run.

So he took him self off the Ice for 5 min how would everyone be reacting if a Sedin was run by this guy again and actually got hurt.

Win or Lose he did the right thing.

Archived