• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

174 posts in this topic

Your argument about fighting in the playoffs is ignorant. Did you see one of the Canucks players doing to other superstars what Marchand did to Sedin? He slaped Sedin around like a rented mule. No you don't . You know why that little squid Marchand can? Because of the toughness on the Bruins.

Just ask the Canucks players how important they think it is to have a guy like Vandermeer on the team. It wasn't MG who thought about signing him, it was the players.

Bieksa (assistant Captain) went to MG and lobbied him to sign Vandermeer after consulting with other Canucks players.

I have to ask.. where did you find this tidbit of information?

""Bieksa (assistant Captain) went to MG and lobbied him to sign Vandermeer after consulting with other Canucks players.""

His Lack of Sterling play has prevented him from Joslin for a position on the Canucks. He should be Mullen his play over the next few weeks or else he and the horse he Rodin on will be Friesen for the rest of the season in Chicago instead of in the Hunt for the Stanley Cup in Cannata.

""Bieksa (assistant Captain) went to MG and lobbied him to sign Vandermeer after consulting with other Canucks players.""

he was put on waiver this morning around 9 am so he should be clear around 9 am and Schroeder will be call up and go to practice

I love how a waiver thread can turn into a Luongo discussion. We seriously have no ability to stay on topic do we?

They choose Vandermeer out of all the defencemen to send down? Why not alberts? Vandermeer adds that fight and grit that can motivate a team! Alberts, well he's just Alberts...

Looks like all the CoHo fanboys have now jumped on the Schroeder bandwagon. Good luck with that.

Would rather have Vandermeer than Barker. Way more physical and much better suited for the playoffs.

Hopefully he doesn't get snagged but I could definately see it happen. 9 NHL defencemen down to 8 would be shocking.

Wow somebodies arrogant today.

I don't care how much MMA knowledge you have, or whether it's illegal in other sports.

We're talking about hockey here. Hockey fighting has way different dynamics than regular fighting. You're standing on skates and swinging around. You're not pounding a guys head into a mat.

And again, Eager didn't even practice today. So I would say the damage to him was a little bit more than a cut to the eyebrow.

hope he clears..

as for kassian i think he won the fight but either way what i really liked about that fight was he did not wait until Eager did something to the Sedins.

We all know what kind of a player Eager is and i can bet you he was not on the ice against the Sedins to do anything else then intimidate them (or run them if he gets the chance) I don't know if that is what Kass was thinking but he ended up taking Eager out of the game for a minimum of 5 min were the Sedins and everyone else can play with a little less worry about being run.

So he took him self off the Ice for 5 min how would everyone be reacting if a Sedin was run by this guy again and actually got hurt.

Win or Lose he did the right thing.

1-20-13-ben-eager.jpg?w=460&h=332

me thinks kassian won... and i think eager is even listed day to day now..

DregerFace reports that: Vandermeer and Stewart clear Waivers.

Good . Vandy cleared. Now he can be recalled at any time without risk of losing him to re-entry waivers since there are no re-waiver in the new CBA.