Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Why do you guys underestimate Lapierre's skill?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Jeez. Its not like AV is taking Lappy out for Schroeder.
Calm down.

We need to inject more skill into this lineup.
Lappy will get pushed up if his play warrants it.

#32 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I love Lappy, he's my favorite non-Swedish player on the team, but I really think we should give Schroeder a shot, I mean, he's been waiting for this chance ever since we drafted him. If it doesn't work out then we could put Lapierre on the second line, but I really feel that Higgins is more suited for it.

#33 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Lapierre kicks butt don`t you worry

Edited by SILLY GOOSE, 23 January 2013 - 01:38 AM.

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#34 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

I just dont get it.... why do you guys choose schroeder over lapierre?

I mean, Lapierre played with the Sedins last year and he was able to score a ton of points........
Schroeder has to prove tht he is a 2nd line centremen
Lapierre already did so why dont you guys think tht he is ready for tht role

What the heck guys <_<

Raymond and Weise are not the Sedins. I like Lappy but he's not exactly the guy that's going to make his wingers better offensively. Last year he didn't really do much when given the 2nd line C role on occasion. The Sedins on the other hand can make most wingers look good.

Schroeder has offensive skills that are more likely to help the second line. It's time to give the kid a chance. Of course if he goes two games without a point most here will label him a bust. It doesn't take much for fans here to turn on players.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#35 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I love Lappierre's game, but he's not a long time fix for second C. Scroeder has better overall skills at this moment. We'll see what happens.
Posted Image

#36 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

One thing I notice is that this team has little "cliques". There should be lines sure but know that this is a team...Sedin's get to try every player out to see who fits this week lol...Kelser and Bieksa are the whiny ones...Burrow and lappy are the grinders with grit and actually who I look forward to every game not the twins not kes..maybe bieksa so to see a scrap...

IMO its not a team yet,,,

#37 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

He does have underrated offensive skill, but like Hansen, he's a perfect 3rd liner so why move him if he does his job so well?

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#38 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

He and Malhotra haven't really done anything offensively lately. We need our 3rd line center to be scoring 30-40 points and 4th line center to chip in 20-30 points bare minimum.

No one ever scrutinizes their games because they're leaders and PK players, but our centers need a shake up.

Its 2 games in hes trying to ajust ho his weight and yet he has still been on for 2 goals out of our 5

#39 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

He deserves to be brought back to the 3rd, at least play him on the wing or something, schroeder will be a winger anyways when kesler returns, so why not get him started now.

#40 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Well Schroeder has more upside, they are hoping he could be a 50-60 point guy someday. Lapierre while a very valuable player hasn't really shown any propensity to turn into an offensive threat. He makes good plays but never quite gets the offensive results. Therefore he is better suited to bottom six. He's had opportunities and has already shown coaches what he can do. Schroeder hasn't gotten the chance yet. Difference is if Schroeder puts up the same type of numbers Lappy does he's probably out of the NHL due to all the other little things Lappy does well.

If we were going into the last 10 games of the season fighting for a playoff spot I have no doubt Lappy would be second line center. However, not an ideal situation for any team if he plays there.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#41 klw604

klw604

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

He has lots of skill. He doesnt have enough iq !

Wrong places wrong times and the weight gaining hasn't helped his speed either.

He's a great 4th liner

#42 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'd rather try Lapierre or Higgins than give someone who's never been in the NHL our 2nd line center position. I have a feeling AV disagrees though. And I know Lapierre isn't a 2nd liner, but at least he wouldn't look completely lost out there. Ebbett was pretty awful from what I saw.

I think the biggest thing is that AV (wisely) does not want to change the 3rd line out, when those guys seem to have very good chemistry together. Burrows is a player that can play anywhere from the 1st to 3rd, a scorer to a grinder, plays solid defence and can be physical.

Realistically he is trying to put players with like minded games and skillsets together, as well as spreading out players who got some time in over seas or in the minors during the lockout.

These arnt set in stone, but you have to start somewhere. Schroeder will def be better off with skill players who have finish, as he seems to confident as a set up guy (though his wrister is pretty under rated). Shroeder has excellent wheels and can draw defences away from the play and make the pass. And I hate to say this, but that is something that Kes just refused to do.

#43 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I like him where he is, he's very valuable to this team in his current role.

Posted Image

#44 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

All I'm reading is "Why has AV given the rookie a chance??? No!!! AV should never give the rookie any opportunities let alone such a good opportunity!"

Thank you CDC.

#45 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Maxim Lapierre:
Bad 1st liner
Decent 2nd liner
Great 3rd liner
Fantastic 4th liner

Jordan Schroeder*:
Bad 1st liner
Decent 2nd liner
Not so great 3rd liner
Bad 4th liner
*based on play style as we havent seem him in the NHL)

You need to put your players in a position to succeed. And if that means Lapierre has to play on the 3rd on a checking line, and Schroeder has to play on the 2nd on a scoring line, then so be it. ML40's line will likely get more minutes that JS45's will anyway.

zuhwS.gif

#46 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

LAPIERRE is great, perfect grinder, perfect adjuctator, i have never taken his skill for granted.

#47 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

There is the skill issue but also the fact that AV likes him for defensive situations. If the Canucks had another really good defensive 3rd line center that would free Lappy up to play a temporary second line role. But for now there is only so much Lappy to go around and his first role is a defensive one.

#48 Quaz

Quaz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Not sure what the hell AV is thinking. I mean, we are here on the forums telling him what to do...

He's such a jerk

#49 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Jeez. Its not like AV is taking Lappy out for Schroeder.
Calm down.

We need to inject more skill into this lineup.
Lappy will get pushed up if his play warrants it.

exactly
Posted Image

#50 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

The way some players think the game requires that they play with other players that can think the same way. Schroder has not had the opportunity to play with the greatest offensive talents in Chicago - my only hope is that that is the reason he has not excelled at the AHL level. We are about to find out if he can take advantage of NHL talent. If not, he's a bust.

#51 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I call him Lap Dog sometimes; because he plays like a junkyard dog! I always wondered why the nickname has not been picked up? That makes him suited for his 3rd or 4th line role and I'm very happy to have him for that role.

That he can handle a few laps, when we need him, with the big dog's is a bonus!

:blush:

#52 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Lappy is definitely underrated just like Hansen is. Whenever Hansen and Lappy are on the second line they do very well. And then AV drops them and second line production goes down significantly...

Posted Image

#53 cooltea604

cooltea604

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Lap is a puck hog. Once he passes the blue line he just shoots even if someone is wide open. Watch for ur self. That is all.

#54 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

All I'm reading is "Why has AV given the rookie a chance??? No!!! AV should never give the rookie any opportunities let alone such a good opportunity!"

Thank you CDC.

I seem to be reading the same thing. That people are pissed that AV is giving a rookie a chance and they don't think he should but instead stick with guys already in the NHL. I really hope these ain't the same people that are saying AV also doesn't let rookies develop.

Let the kid have his chance. By the logic that we should only play NHL ready players we will never get experience for any rookies and will never know what they can do when playing with NHL players.

#55 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

He and Malhotra haven't really done anything offensively lately. We need our 3rd line center to be scoring 30-40 points and 4th line center to chip in 20-30 points bare minimum.

No one ever scrutinizes their games because they're leaders and PK players, but our centers need a shake up.

In a 48 game season, k

100 points from the first line then? 60-70 from the 2nd?

Posted Image

#56 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Lap is a puck hog. Once he passes the blue line he just shoots even if someone is wide open. Watch for ur self. That is all.

This isnot true. 100% disagree. He is not a puck hog. Totally opposite.

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.