3019 replies to this topic

#571 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,466 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

The goaltending they have gotten for the most part hasn't given them a chance to win, if this continues they will likely be in the market, and don't forget there owners loves making hockey decisions, so he will have a voice in whether they target goaltending or not.

Either way, we can use Corrado or sign someone, what do you think of the MIN deal?

Its decent. But I think Minnesota's top priority right now is to add a top 4 defenseman or two, so maybe we could offer Ballard and a 2nd for Clutterbuck and Graovac.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#572 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'm a fan of hockey...... I just don't like it when one team gets ripped for no reason. I was at a pub today watching the TO game and every time the Rangers scored the place went nuts..........they didn't like the Rangers, they just liked that TO was losing. it's not even because they hate TO, they are just programmed to think that way from what they hear from everyone else.

A few years ago I was in Calgary when the Canucks played game 7 of the Cup Finals. You would've thought I was in Boston. Every time the Bruins scored the place went nuts. Not a single Canuck fan in the house. Again, I would've thought that some people in Calgary would pull for a Cdn. team to win............again nothing............for no reason.

That's what drives me nuts........why can't people see and accept that a deserving team that plays well, deserves to win. You should always pull for your home team but why the other teams have to suck, just because...........drives me nuts.

I wouldn't say the same thing, if you were talking about the Rangers or even the Kings. You compared Toronto as being equal to Vancouver, so you can spread a ridiculous fact, and perhaps, (who knows) to joke around in this forum.

Besides, Luongo would be a nice fit to Toronto, since Reimer and Scrivens both need someone to share their ice time. Reimer or Scrivens can be traded to Vancouver for Luongo; of course, details of the trade need to be clear between both sides.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having Reimer in Vancouver. Let's stay on topic, shall we?
Posted Image

#573 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

You do realize that the Maple Leafs have been very fast starters the prior two seasons, right? So if everything has to be status quo doesn't that mean they will go on a long winning streak right now?

Do you also realize that Vancouver had 1 more playoff win than TO last year?

There's only one winner each year, the rest are losers, and Vancouver was a loser just like TO.

you do realize that the leafs haven't made the playoffs in 9 years right?

you do realize the leafs weren't in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and have no chance of getting there in the forseeable future right?

you do realize the canucks were in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and are in the top 3 favoured teams to get there again right?

you do realize your leafs have a captain who's 225 lbs but won't fight right?

you do realize your leafs are 3rd worst in the east in goals against right? but that you leaf fans don't think you have a defensive/goaltending issue right?

you do realize you are insane, delusional and a typical leafs fan right?

#574 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Its decent. But I think Minnesota's top priority right now is to add a top 4 defenseman or two, so maybe we could offer Ballard and a 2nd for Clutterbuck and Graovac.

The point of the deal is Forward for Forward, if it was Ballard rather than Higgins the deal would simply add more depth for us where we don't need it and create a hole as Ballard and Tanev have been our best pair thus-far.

Minnesota's current top 9 is like this:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Cullen - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard - Brodziak - Clutterbuck

Adding Higgins would change the dynamic a little bit, it would add a pretty good all-round player to the top 6, which would allow Cullen to slide down into a 3rd line role (since Higgy would be the defensive player instead with 2 offensive guys in Seto and Granlund) which probably suits him better, and Higgins could help out Granlund like he helped out Coho last year.

Revised middle 2nd and 3rd:

Higgins - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard - Cullen - Brodziak

Then Connaution adds depth to there weakest organizational area, and with that part of the deal they deal an from an area of strength with the forward coming our way.

zackass.png

#575 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

I'm a fan of hockey...... I just don't like it when one team gets ripped for no reason. I was at a pub today watching the TO game and every time the Rangers scored the place went nuts..........they didn't like the Rangers, they just liked that TO was losing. it's not even because they hate TO, they are just programmed to think that way from what they hear from everyone else.

A few years ago I was in Calgary when the Canucks played game 7 of the Cup Finals. You would've thought I was in Boston. Every time the Bruins scored the place went nuts. Not a single Canuck fan in the house. Again, I would've thought that some people in Calgary would pull for a Cdn. team to win............again nothing............for no reason.

That's what drives me nuts........why can't people see and accept that a deserving team that plays well, deserves to win. You should always pull for your home team but why the other teams have to suck, just because...........drives me nuts.

Why are you judging that I thought you were in Boston during Game 7? I don't understand this.

As I have stated earlier, it would be nice to have Reimer in Vancouver, and Luongo in Toronto. As far as goaltending is concerned, Toronto needs Luongo.
Posted Image

#576 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

you do realize the leafs weren't in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and have no chance of getting there in the forseeable future right?

you do realize the canucks were in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and are in the top 3 favoured teams to get there again right?

you do realize your leafs are 3rd worst in the east in goals against right? but that you leaf fans don't think you have a defensive/goaltending issue right?

Dude, I've been trying to disillusion this guy, and I failed my job.

I don't know, if you can. Do you happen to know a psychiatrist?
Posted Image

#577 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

I agree to an extent - I too pull for the other Canadian teams.... except the Leafs. ::D Are they Canadian? Or are they a country all to themselves?

#578 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

You do realize that the Canucks have won just as many Stanley Cups as the Leafs since 1969.

You do realize that the Canucks have had more city riots since that time.............................what exactly are you trying to prove?

#579 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Truth. For all the time spent ripping Gallagher and Botchford here in Van, we're still cowed into hating the Leafs by CBC and the TO media with their blowhard opinions. The team on the ice today and this season has been competent if not excellent, and watching Carlyle patrol the bench was impressive after years of Wilson. Burke is gone, and much as we (I'd) like to see Nonis cough up every decent prospect for Lu, he's not caving to pressure.

Toronto might be making the first serious effort at a turnaround in years. Personally I don't want to be one of the opposing fans hating them blindly, but I'm not surprised others here are. As always though, please try to think critically.

#580 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

I agree to an extent - I too pull for the other Canadian teams.... except the Leafs. ::D Are they Canadian? Or are they a country all to themselves?

Leafs have the potential to climb up the standings. They just aren't right now.
Therefore, I disagree virtually to the full extent of his argument aforementioned. :)
Posted Image

#581 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

You do realize that the Canucks have won just as many Stanley Cups as the Leafs since 1969.

You do realize that the Canucks have had more city riots since that time.............................what exactly are you trying to prove?

You realize you're pointlessly arguing the past, and you do realize city riots have nothing to do with the ridiculous claim about the Leafs?

Arguing 101 can be taken online, as well.
Posted Image

#582 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I say wait and if Higgins doesn't pick it up, and Raymond plays the way he has, maybe offer Higgins for Clutterbuck.

To Minnesota: Chris Higgins, Kevin Connaution

To Vancouver: Cal Clutterbuck, Tyler Graovac

2 birds with 1 stone for us, as we would bring in more energy in physicality in Clutterbuck aswell as Tyler Graovac who has been playing very well with Brendan Gaunce.

They get Higgins who aside from this slump has been very good for us, and it would add more scoring perhaps in the area Clutterbuck would play, with still maintain some grit and two way play. And then a defensemen (which is probably the weakest part of their organization) who will likely be capable of cracking there line-up next year.

As for us we can target Dimitry Orlov in a Luongo trade to Washington and that would give us an upgrade on Connaution for next year.

Would hate to move Higgins. Would prefer to move more youth - but they're not worth as much ::D (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Connauton, Weise.

Clutterbuck

#583 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Would hate to move Higgins. Would prefer to move more youth - but they're not worth as much ::D (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Connauton, Weise.

Clutterbuck

Oh yeah, Minnesota might need Luongo, since Harding is their starting goaltender, and Harding is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Posted Image

#584 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Truth. For all the time spent ripping Gallagher and Botchford here in Van, we're still cowed into hating the Leafs by CBC and the TO media with their blowhard opinions. The team on the ice today and this season has been competent if not excellent, and watching Carlyle patrol the bench was impressive after years of Wilson. Burke is gone, and much as we (I'd) like to see Nonis cough up every decent prospect for Lu, he's not caving to pressure.

Toronto might be making the first serious effort at a turnaround in years. Personally I don't want to be one of the opposing fans hating them blindly, but I'm not surprised others here are. As always though, please try to think critically.

I don't know if it's about hate as much as it is about humour (at least that's my personal angle) - why hate them for their mediocrity?

And if they couldn't take the humour, they probably wouldn't be so self-depracating...
Posted Image

Edited by oldnews, 27 January 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#585 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

I don't know if it's about hate as much as it is about humour (at least that's my personal angle) - why hate them for their mediocrity?

And if they couldn't take the humour, they probably wouldn't be so self-depracating...

Leafs need Luongo to boost their emotions back to their healthy state.
Posted Image

#586 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Connauton, Weise.

Clutterbuck

That won't get the deal done.

The whole deal is prognasticated on whether Raymond continues this and if Higgins picks it up, cause if not that would leave him expendable with the play of Kassian, Raymond and Schroeder. Even with a healthy line-up he is on the 4th line.

Plus he is an upcoming UFA so I doubt we re-sign him with the young players who will push for spot.

Weise won't get the deal done.

Oh yeah, Minnesota might need Luongo, since Harding is their starting goaltender, and Harding is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but if your not they do have Backstrom and Harding is still able to play :P

zackass.png

#587 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

I think they'll try to re-sign Backstrom and shed cap elsewhere, but in any event, they're on the hook for his 6 million this season and near the cap - they'd have to move him if they had any interest in Luongo.

#588 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I think they'll try to re-sign Backstrom and shed cap elsewhere, but in any event, they're on the hook for his 6 million this season and near the cap - they'd have to move him if they had any interest in Luongo.

Well, Backstrom does not have nearly as much playoff experience as Luongo does. Also, with Backstrom set to retire within a season or two, a viable option is to acquire Luongo, which only requires the Wild to give up a second-liner, a pick, and a prospect at maximum.
If Minnesota strives to acquire a solid, starting goaltender, I'm sure other GMs will try to pry one or two of the offensive stars.
Posted Image

#589 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

That won't get the deal done.

The whole deal is prognasticated on whether Raymond continues this and if Higgins picks it up, cause if not that would leave him expendable with the play of Kassian, Raymond and Schroeder. Even with a healthy line-up he is on the 4th line.

Plus he is an upcoming UFA so I doubt we re-sign him with the young players who will push for spot.

Weise won't get the deal done.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but if your not they do have Backstrom and Harding is still able to play :P

?
Higgins expendable?

Clutterbuck is an RFA.

#590 cool story bro

cool story bro

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

That's the longest link I've ever seen for 1 little picture
Posted Image

#591 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Well, Backstrom does not have nearly as much playoff experience as Luongo does. Also, with Backstrom set to retire within a season or two, a viable option is to acquire Luongo, which only requires the Wild to give up a second-liner, a pick, and a prospect at maximum.
If Minnesota strives to acquire a solid, starting goaltender, I'm sure other GMs will try to pry one or two of the offensive stars.

Backstrom is retiring? News to me. He's only a year older than Luongo.

#592 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,819 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

That's the longest link I've ever seen for 1 little picture

::D

#593 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Backstrom is retiring? News to me. He's only a year older than Luongo.

Okay, then. Canucks can take rights to Backstrom. I just hope they sign him at a cheap, short-term price.
Posted Image

#594 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

?
Higgins expendable?

Clutterbuck is an RFA.

Don't you think Higgins, the way he is playing right now, with our team healthy (meaning he would be on the 4th line) is expendable for the right player? A player like Clutterbuck?

And an RFA is alot better than a UFA :P

zackass.png

#595 SynysterGates

SynysterGates

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

That its hilarious that you actually think the leafs have a chance? Reimer and Scrivens.... LOL

Have fun with Nonuts, he has no idea what he's doing. Hope you enjoy a Patrick White esque draft selection this year

#596 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

You do realize that the Maple Leafs have been very fast starters the prior two seasons, right? So if everything has to be status quo doesn't that mean they will go on a long winning streak right now?

Do you also realize that Vancouver had 1 more playoff win than TO last year?

There's only one winner each year, the rest are losers, and Vancouver was a loser just like TO.

Nice logic nincompoop, you don't think teams care if they make the playoffs?
TO does.

#597 nickels

nickels

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Would love to see the Canucks and Leafs complete a trade around Luongo and Kessel. Almost identical cap hit wise. The Canucks could throw in Booth(for some cap room approx 4 m @ trade deadline.) Scrivens could back up Cory tilll Lack was healthy. A 2nd Line with Burrows, Kessel, Raymond would be a huge upgrade until Kesler returns. As mentioned in other thread, I think looking at Burrows as a shutdown C, would greatly free up Kesler when he returns.

I believe having cap space @ deadline will be huge this year as teams attempt to dump players in anticipation of next years Cap.
JMO..

Kessel 5.4
Scrivens 600 K

Luongo 5.33
Booth 4.25

Possible lines....

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Kessler Kessel
Higgins Burrows Hansen
Volpatii Schroeder Weiss

(Lapierre,Malhotra,Ebbet)

Edler Garrison
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Tanev

Schneider
Scrivens/Lack

Edited by nickels, 27 January 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#598 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

schroeder has no place in that lineup, Lappy is a better 4C

#599 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

How old are you, 15? The "depression" happened 80 years ago. Please tell me you're not referring to 2008/2009.

It was obviously an exaggeration. And the Leafs haven't made the play offs since the last lock out...........not 2008-09?

#600 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Id rather see Schroeder play 4th line minutes than see Weise hog the puck and fall everywhere
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.