The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Give Schroeder someone who can finish plays

406281dylan

It's so simple. THIS should be the line up.

Edit: It's sad to say this, but Malhotra is the one holding back the 4th line. Volpatti and Weise need a more reliable centre. Once Kes is back I say bottom two centres should be Schroeder and Lapierre, with Manny the scratch.

If Shredder keeps playing like he did last night he'll create goals for whoever he's with. I'd say try him with Raymond and Hansen. Raymond makes space and the Honey Badger will grind it out in front of the net.

I got a bad feeling Ebbett is back in next game just because AV loves to frustrate me.

Schroeder looked good out there. He was almost always in position in the defensive zone, maybe even saved a couple of goals. He's small but he seems to be smart with how he uses his body. No questioning his vision and playmaking abilities.

I'm feeling pretty good after what I saw but I'd like to see more. He's got the hands, speed and smarts no doubt to make an impact.

Also, PP2 looked MUCH better out there with Schroeder centering than Ebbett when Ebbett was screwing around

I was watching the Sportsnet AB feed after the game against the Flames and not sure if everyone saw the interview with Kassian on Sportsnet Pacific. I really liked Kassian's comments about needing to work hard with the given opportunity to play with the Sedins and that he needs to keep it going because the opportunity he's been given can just as quickly be taken away if he doesnt continue to work hard and do the right things.

Weiss is a 4th line NHL player at best. To win the cup, you need your 3rd line or even 4th line to score often. Weise has got the stone hands that can't put puck into an empty net. Give him a breakaway and he will fan on his shot and end up with no shot on goal. If AV has to play Weise, put him on the 4th and let Lapiere, play with Schroeder and Raymond on the 3rd line. This 3rd line is going to put some pucks in the net. Ebbett should replace Weise or Volpatti on the 4th line as he has shown he could score goals in the NHL and Ebbett has the skills to move up in case AV needs to change the line combinations within games.

Archived