The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[On going discussion] Tanev's Contract

Ilya Mikheyev

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think Tanev is worth? His contract is up this year.

I think it would be interesting to see CDC's consensus vs. what Mike Gillis ends up doing. Obviously you can change your vote throughout the year until he has signed and then we can see how close CDC was to predicting it.

Tanev's stat lines last year:

NHL reg. season: 25 games - 0 goals, 2 assists, + 10.

NHL post-season: 5 games, 0 points, +0

AHL reg. season: 34 games, 0 goals, 14 assists, +6

Stat line this year:

AHL reg. season: 29 games, 2 goals, 10 assists, 12 points, +6

NHL reg. season: 3 games, 0 points, -1

$2m/for 3years and instructions to put on some muscle and take a course in ass kicking.

Seriously I have liked Tanev from the time he was first played (hated his play for Wolves but I think the reasons were obvious) and think he has a lot of upside especially as a 3rd liner.

Smart player, simply knows how to play..., possibly a coach some day!

Too bad he's 185 lbs soaking wet, can't shoot, doesn't hit, can't move a body from in front of the net and does not rush the puck otherwise we would have the Norris trophy winner.

Still so smart and efficient he remains a lock to play. $1.3 times two years, 1.4 times times 3 years (preferred) or $1.7 times 4!

Low 1m range. I think we've all been impressed by the solid play and composure he has out on the ice for a player of his age. But lets face it - as consistent and solid as he is, he hasn't wowed anybody with his speed, checking, shutdown or playmaking ability. I think his biggest assets aren't that tangible, and include solid decision making and his calm demeanor with the puck. Unfortunately, those two attributes alone doesn't exactly scream "give me a lucrative contract".

Archived