43 replies to this topic

#1 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

We should deal this bloke near the deadline. Essentially he was courtesy of Sammuelsson(an UFA), so it's not such an asset-waste. Too many issues...

-quotes from the good book into cyberspace

-what he does to animals, in the forest

-prob a love of guns/NRA(right-winger, politically?)

-seems constantly hurt, with a concussion history that makes one worry for the guy, in traffic

-toothpaste-ad smile, which makes us all feel uglier...

It's mostly for discussion, but I'd say such a contract would prob be tough to move at the draft. If some contenders suffer fwd injuries, perhaps we could get a decent prospect and/o 2nd, at the deadline? Think it should be considered, if all our current fwds continue to perform.

If anyone cares to speculate, what could we obtain for Booth at the deadline?

Edited by hockeyville88, 05 February 2013 - 12:54 PM.
Proper title tags added

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,268 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Doubt he's gone at the deadline, would not care if he's gone in the off season before the draft if he doesnt show much. Either that or use the buyout on him.

This season should decide if he is worth keeping or not.

Edited by PlayStation, 26 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

POPULAR

Base of this thread is:
"Let's trade Booth because he's a hunter, has good teeth, and is a devout Christian."

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#4 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Remember when you all wanted to get rid of that awful injury prone d man? Bieksa I think his name was.

#5 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

You're so dumb.
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#6 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,377 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

We should deal this bloke near the deadline. Essentially he was courtesy of Sammuelsson(an UFA), so it's not such an asset-waste. Too many issues...

-seems constantly hurt, with a concussion history that makes one worry for the guy, in traffic

It's mostly for discussion, but I'd say such a contract would prob be tough to move at the draft. If some contenders suffer fwd injuries, perhaps we could get a decent prospect and/o 2nd, at the deadline? Think it should be considered, if all our current fwds continue to perform.

He sure looked scared to go into traffic last year. :picard:

Subbancopy.jpg

#7 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

He's got something to prove once he gets back...if Raymond continues his great play, Gillis is put into a tough situation. It's not a bad situation....just a tough one.

Neither Raymond nor Booth are excellent 3rd line material, and we have too many wingers to have them both play in the top 6. I think either Booth, or Raymond depending on which one performs worse could be added to a Luongo trade package to sweeten the return a bit

Washington looks like they'd be a great trade partner for us, and our biggest need right now is re-stocking our prospect pool, whether the prospects be NHL-ready or not.

Example:

To WSH- Luongo, Booth
To VAN-Evgeni Kuznetsov, 1st rd pick 2013

Our line-up this season:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Manny

Our line-up next season (if UFA's are se-signed)

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Kuznetsov
Higgins-Burrows-Jensen/Schroeder
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#8 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Base of this thread is:
"Let's trade Booth because he's a hunter, has good teeth, and is a devout Christian."

Sadly a bunch of people are going to agree with him.
Posted Image

#9 Kran

Kran

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,436 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I find this particular fact to be the quintessential con to Booth. Booth should be wary of his image to the public, and when he flashes that smile of his he needs to realize how bad it makes us all feel. Get rid of him, seriously.

On an unrelated note, I say we should get rid of all the players on our team who are over 6'0. Having a team of tall players absolutely dwarfs the fans. We need more average schmoes on this team damn it!

#10 butter

butter

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

So the OP believes people should be able to be fired because of religious beliefs and personal activity outside of there job.
Lets judge him on what he does on the ice...tis the only thing that I care about.

#11 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Booth will hunt you down. YOU HEAR ME!!! HE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN... ya thats bascially all i gotta say.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#12 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

@Kran, So glad someone is confronting the important issue here.

Zoolander, Thanks for the input. I also see a pairing with Roberto(if another gm is willng to digest 10 mill in cap). Simply put, I believe Booth's 4+ in cap would be better allotted to nasty size(toughness-depth), for this season's PO's. Perhaps in the form of 1 more imposing winger/D-man?

Tried to package all this with a little levity-for all you brothers' & sisters' future consideration...HALLEJUJAH!

#13 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Base of this thread is:

yes. exactly.

I hunt but never for sport unlike booth...theres a terrible photo of him online standing behind some poor bear that he obviously shot for fun...that effin white chiclet douchey smile as big as the Cheshire cat. gross

he's unbelievably clueless on twitter. i hate him

Edited by dirk diggler, 26 January 2013 - 03:21 PM.

"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#14 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,005 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I heard Booth grew a mustache and wore glasses when he was in Boston last time.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#15 questforthecup

questforthecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

so pretty much none of your reasons are related to hockey except that he has a history of injuries...

:rolleyes:

#16 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

He's got something to prove once he gets back...if Raymond continues his great play, Gillis is put into a tough situation. It's not a bad situation....just a tough one.

Neither Raymond nor Booth are excellent 3rd line material, and we have too many wingers to have them both play in the top 6. I think either Booth, or Raymond depending on which one performs worse could be added to a Luongo trade package to sweeten the return a bit

Washington looks like they'd be a great trade partner for us, and our biggest need right now is re-stocking our prospect pool, whether the prospects be NHL-ready or not.

Example:

To WSH- Luongo, Booth

Our line-up this season:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Kuznetsov

You know if you're going to read other peoples post and not respond to them, don't go over to a different forum and write it like it was all your idea.....not that your expanded version isn't good, but try and include us not worthy people as well!

#17 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Read my last post, right above this one, because it applys to you Too! ( AKA resonse to Zoolander!)

#18 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Trade the whole team.

/=S=/

#19 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,197 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

:picard:

Your reasons are beyond stupid.

The guy brings something to this team that no one else does, and had some great moments before that knee injury (12 Pts in 15 games)

And now he will be completely adjusted to the team, and ready to show us what he can do, and you want to jump the gun & trade him because he is religious and likes to hunt.

What is this website coming too....

Sadly a bunch of people morons are going to agree with him.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 26 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

zackass.png

#20 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

all season long, some people will be trying to trade someone, no matter how well the team does...people wanted linden traded and they got their wish. same with cooke, bieksa, raymond, ballard, now booth.,,

#21 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

You know if you're going to read other peoples post and not respond to them, don't go over to a different forum and write it like it was all your idea.....not that your expanded version isn't good, but try and include us not worthy people as well!

Did I steal something from one of your threads? If I did I'm sorry. I think it was just a coincidence our posts were similar.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#22 Betweenthepipes-R

Betweenthepipes-R

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Oh my goodness, I said we should trade Luongo and another guy, I'M COPYING YOUR POST! Oh no!

#23 DrChill

DrChill

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Example:

To WSH- Luongo, Booth

Our line-up this season:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Kuznetsov

Why oh why would we take such an awful deal!?

#24 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Maybe we should trade the Sedins too, they probably like swedish meatballs and swedish meatballs are not canadian meatballs so the sedins must therefore.

#25 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

So this is not a proposal at all....it is simply another "I don't like Booth" thread.

#26 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hear me out here...

I was really hoping to see Booth get a shot to play with the twins this year for more than just a trial period. he has some size, has scored 30 goals with far less talented players.

With the emergence of Kassian with the twins I dont see this as a possibilty anymore, well for that matter one that coach AV wont entertain. Sedins will either play with Kassian or burrows again.

The way I see it in short form is: Booth is a shooter, Sedins both like to pass the puck. Kesler is a shooter mroe so than a playmaker. We didnt see booth and kesler for a long enough stretch to say they cant get chemistry what so ever, but I would have like to see Booth with the twins.

By doing this, it allows Kesler to play with Burrows and one of Higgins/Kassian or maybe a trade acquisition. I dont feel that raymond would be a good fit with them.

Problem now is, Looks like AV either plays Kassian on the top line or doesnt play him much at all. Thus far this year he has been one of the better forwards and should ideally play with a skilled player. If thats us running 3 offensive lines then fine he could play on the 3rd line, but with the way our team is put together our 3rd line is more of a grinding line.

All in all, I think booth could play well with the sedins and score goals, allowing us to try and get some solid productions from kesler burrows and someone else.

Dont get why people hate on Booth so much. Id like to give him a full year without bouncing him around with different linemates and see what he could do, barring him staying healthy of course.

yes it sucks that he hasnt come in and lit the lamp like crazy but he has been hurt more than healthy, which is unfortunate for him.

I still think we need to give Booth a chance to play solid top 6 minutes, PP time and to be honest i think with his speed he could be useful on the PK, maybe even shootouts.

Thanks for listening to my opinion

#27 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Shame he's a 20-30 goal scorer with great size who can hit and has a game that's perfectly suited for the playoffs.
Posted Image

#28 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Last 2 posters: Although I haven't seen Booth play that much, essentially I agree with your opinions, & believe he's a talented player.

The biggest problem with David Booth comes down to one number... 64.3 mill.

He might be valuable depth to hang on to for this spring. Perhaps he FINALLY stays healthy & goes on a scoring run. That said, what if we can flip him & acquire another sizable, capable & nasty piece to slide in with our 23? Even if it's an expiring contract, in this case of Booth, I don't believe it matters(due to the sudden cap-decrease).

Or, if he would enhance a return, paired with Luongo. We could take more expensive pieces back, alongside youth and/or picks. It gives Gillis/Gilman more opportunity to get creative.

Mostly was hoping this would faclitate discussion. Cheers.

#29 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

yes. exactly.

I hunt but never for sport unlike booth...theres a terrible photo of him online standing behind some poor bear that he obviously shot for fun...that effin white chiclet douchey smile as big as the Cheshire cat. gross

he's unbelievably clueless on twitter. i hate him

So a photo and a twitter account makes you hate someone, you must hate a lot.

#30 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I think Booth might be part of a package deal with Louie, which would be why Lou hasn't been moved yet.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.