Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teemu Selänne

[Speculation] Cox: Becoming difficult to imagine a scenario in which Kessel remains a Leaf.

113 posts in this topic

in the early days of the shortened 2012-13 season it appears he may be poised to struggle through his most difficult season in a Leaf uniform yet.

Kessel had 82 points/82 games last year & 64/82 the year before.

So far has 2 assists/0 goals in 5 games this year.

Oh no! here's come the Luongo + ballard + [insert crap here] vs Kessel proposal.

Interesting speculation, but I would be very surprised if the Leafs move Kessel, to be honest.

Oh no! here's come the Luongo + ballard + [insert crap here] vs Kessel proposal.

Damien Cox is never wrong!!!!

Edit: Its difficult to imagine a scenario where anyone should listen to Cox.

Damien Cox talks a lot without thinking about the consequences, but it is an interesting point - esp. the part about Nonis having no need to protect the deal.

If Luongo is moved to a different team, maybe the Canucks could move some future parts for him, if that's the way Nonis is going to go.

A package something like:

1st round pick

Mason Raymond

Prospect

Asset acquired in a separate Luongo deal (another pick?)

Burrows - Kesler - Kessel

Higgins - Schroeder - Booth

Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

That would be a deadly bottom-9 going into the playoffs and great depth, esp. if Schroeder continues to get more comfortable at the NHL level. Probably also important for Nonis to try to move Kessel to the West conference.

Interesting speculation, but I would be very surprised if the Leafs move Kessel, to be honest.

The guy had 82 points last season. He's off to a slow start and they already believe he shouldn't belong in Toronto? LOL LEAFS!

Speculation's just fine, although I'm not too sure Nonis agrees. Granted, the potential raise he might be interested in might be prohibitive to the Leafs wanting to keep him, but unless they get significant return I don't see how they can move him without it being seen as a total loss (even though he's putting up points).

Luongo + some prospects/picks for Kessel would seem to make a lot of sense for both teams.

Luongo + some prospects/picks for Kessel would seem to make a lot of sense for both teams.

No way in hell TO moves Kessel. They lost too much for him. Seguin and Hamilton and a 2nd is what they lost for who they considered the franchise player. TO didn't give up that much so they could trade him in 3 years.

Kessel is UFA at end of next season.

I've always thought he would leave as UFA. If I was Kessel there is no way I re-sign in TO.

Man, TO gave up their future for this guy, why would they let him go?