37 replies to this topic

#31 Cakeman

Cakeman

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Pretty easy for the Ballard haters to say the Canucks are going to buy him out, 2 yrs at $4.2 per year? I'm sure Francesco will be all over signing off on that one...
Ballard has been behind the 8ball since he got here, Vigneault's never really liked to use him, he got into the doghouse, pretty tought to climb out with the same coach. He and Tanev are a very good third pairing on defense, overall, Ballard's been more consistent at the start of this season than most of the other D, and it's be3en noticed. He should get some powerplay time, decent shot, and he can skate and carry the puck.

#32 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ballard with his current play has bought himself out of a buyout situation.

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 02 February 2013 - 06:38 PM.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#33 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ballard hasn't gotten any points at all... He's still playing better than Bieksa right now, but still. It's either him or Booth that has to go, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. <_<

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 02 February 2013 - 07:27 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#34 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

:picard:

You can't click the next button 5 times???

:picard:
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#35 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I hope we trade bieksa, buyout booth.

Because 40+ point d-men that can play in all situations are easy to come by???
Posted Image

#36 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Pretty easy for the Ballard haters to say the Canucks are going to buy him out, 2 yrs at $4.2 per year? I'm sure Francesco will be all over signing off on that one...
Ballard has been behind the 8ball since he got here, Vigneault's never really liked to use him, he got into the doghouse, pretty tought to climb out with the same coach. He and Tanev are a very good third pairing on defense, overall, Ballard's been more consistent at the start of this season than most of the other D, and it's been noticed. He should get some powerplay time, decent shot, and he can skate and carry the puck.

Blinded by the hip check?

Ballard earned himself the doghouse his first season here as he came out of the gate playing awful. Mid-season when he was playing better his ice time went up. Then came the knee injury and he struggled again the rest of that season. It has nothing to do with AV liking him or not. It has everything to do with his very inconsistent play. AV has been fair to him in that his ice does go up when he's playing well. But it doesn't matter how you slice it, dice it, or try to pretty it up, he's bottom pair and will get bottom pair ice time. Which means 10 to 13 minutes if his play isn't very good and 13 to 16 minutes when he's playing well. Tonight he got 15:18. He played well.
Posted Image

#37 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'm pretty sure after this year Ballard only has two years left on his contract. His contract isn't even that bad.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#38 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I find it interesting that, a few games into the season, everyone now thinks Ballard could be a tradable commodity... whereas last year we couldn't give him away.

I realize he's playing better. So far. But it's a young season, and I don't think many GMs would be willing to consider him a big piece of their puzzle at this point.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.