109 replies to this topic

#91 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

If he wasn't cheapshotting and acting/diving like a little biotch that he is, yes, I'd like him on our team too. But the reason why nobody except Bruins fans have ANY sympathy for Marchand is because of all the high risky injuries that he brings to his game.

Oh my God, this is the defining moment of Jack Edwards' career in broadcasting. Complete homeristic view... Keeps going on about how Niskanen misses his punches but he actually punched Marchand at the side of his helmet..

Cooke came back with a new attitude. He knew that what he was doing ended player's careers. After his last suspension, he admitted himself that he had to change his game the minute he stepped back on the ice and thats what he did. Cooke realizes that he injures people, Marchand does not. And that is why he will not be getting any sort of sympathy from anyone in the league.

An altogether fantastic post. Well written and well said.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#92 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Bravo. I am no fan of him either but the disgusting comments in this thread reinforce the notion that "true Canuck fans" are the most cretinous sports fans going, cheering with genuine blood lust whenever any "enemy" player gets hurt. I find this attitude nauseating, and so do most REAL hockey fans. That Karma that so many of you keep bringing up could well be the karma that gets Burrows a broken face or Kesler a concussion the next time he takes a dive, maybe Lou tears his groin or Lappy gets checked from behind into the boards resulting in a broken neck. The problem is that it is contagious and I find myself thinking how it would be poetic justice for a Canuck to get hurt in similar fashion which I will readily admit is a truly unworthy thought. We should be trying to be the classiest fans in the league not the most moronic and mean spirited. Some class people, please!

If those things were to happen, they would happen regardless of how Canuck fans treated Marchand.
Posted Image

#93 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

This applies to Brad Marchand as well. I'm surprised Don Cherry isn't as against it since he's a Bruin after all...

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#94 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,015 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Bravo. I am no fan of him either but the disgusting comments in this thread reinforce the notion that "true Canuck fans" are the most cretinous sports fans going, cheering with genuine blood lust whenever any "enemy" player gets hurt. I find this attitude nauseating, and so do most REAL hockey fans. That Karma that so many of you keep bringing up could well be the karma that gets Burrows a broken face or Kesler a concussion the next time he takes a dive, maybe Lou tears his groin or Lappy gets checked from behind into the boards resulting in a broken neck. The problem is that it is contagious and I find myself thinking how it would be poetic justice for a Canuck to get hurt in similar fashion which I will readily admit is a truly unworthy thought. We should be trying to be the classiest fans in the league not the most moronic and mean spirited. Some class people, please!

Couldn't have said it any better.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#95 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Funny how some of the players we hate are getting injured:

Ben Eager with a concussion (could be the end of his career because of his history)
Dave Bolland got hit in the ankle and is not playing tonight
Marchand with a separated shoulder

You're next Perry

You forgot about that d-bag Thornton

#96 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

You forgot about that d-bag Thornton

Eh, Thornton's an ass, but at least he can stand up for himself. Marchand just hits and scurries away. Thornton will at least stand up to fight back. (Doesn't mean that I'm sorry to see him injured, but I'd take Thornton on my team.)

abl8vt.jpg

#97 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

What's the problem with these comments? It doesn't hurt or affect ANYBODY, I don't get why some people on this forum are so sensitive. It's not like Brad Marchand will come in here, read the comments then go touch himself and cry. Hate is what fuels rivalries embrace it, without the animosity we don't have the highly anticipated games against Chicago or Boston. I'd bet money that Boston fans were hoping that Salo's career was over too after Marchand gave him that cheap shot, and Salo isn't even an agitating guy.

#98 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Boston fans were jeering Raymond while he was lying on the ice with a broken back, gtfo

#99 Fincup13

Fincup13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

http://www.psycholad...ed-nhl-players/

I believe she is from Toronto so excuse her smog-induced clouded judgement. 4 of her 10 most hated have worn the Canucks jersey and all enjoyed fan favorite status while playing in Vancouver. Marchand is there and she also adds the comment at the end of her list any player in a Bruins jersey. Avery is long gone from the NHL but his legacy still rates him in her top 10 :)

#100 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,381 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

http://www.psycholadyhockey.com/top-10-tuesday-your-most-hated-nhl-players/

I believe she is from Toronto so excuse her smog-induced clouded judgement. 4 of her 10 most hated have worn the Canucks jersey and all enjoyed fan favorite status while playing in Vancouver. Marchand is there and she also adds the comment at the end of her list any player in a Bruins jersey. Avery is long gone from the NHL but his legacy still rates him in her top 10 :)

That honourable mentions list :lol: :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#101 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

http://www.psycholad...ed-nhl-players/

She hates Alex Burrows because he allegedly assault a 19 year old goalie.. That REALLY makes sense right?

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#102 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Posted Image

#103 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

O.M. Geeeeee....... GIF that pic UP~!

#104 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Honestly,

Im not going to share how i feel about this either way because its just fuel for bickering...

However;

Those of you that say we would love him if he was on our team... Look around... we dont even love all of the
players we already have on our team. XD
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#105 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

ITT: Canucks fans once again showing why they're cemented among the league's worst fanbases.

I'd love to have Marchand on this team, even better if AV and MG get him to cut out the crap like they did with Burrows and Kesler, as well as Lapierre when he got here.

Edited by Dellins, 04 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#106 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,173 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

oh poor guy .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#107 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I am curious as the what qualifications you have to determine/judge/ascertain what constitutes a "true Canucks fan"? .. may I refer you to "The Way of Life" by Lao Tzu .. it has many consise lessons on karma ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#108 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#109 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

Oh man.. this is gold. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#110 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Posted Image

This is so fantastic. You made my night.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.