33 replies to this topic

#31 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Got a norovirus 4 years ago. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Uncontrollable liquid release from both ends for 5 days. Drank water to keep hydrated... It left via random orifices. Unbearable, constant headache. Nearly impossible to sleep. Sensitive to light. Couldn't eat. Body ache. Even my hair hurt!

It sucked.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#32 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm sick. I'm sick alright.

Sick of Canucks Talk.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

On topic, Norovirus has been a huge problem over here recently. My whole family got it one after another, so I decided that I probably wouldn't be going home for a while after that :lol:

I rarely get sick though. Although in the summer I had food poisoning in combination with heatstroke. That was the worst feeling ever. Spent 15 straight hours on the bathroom floor before I could summon the strength to go to bed. Was on the verge of going to hospital. In hindsight I probably should have gone, but I recovered OK, so meh.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Feel free to discuss any illness you have had.

I'm just near the tail end of a whopper.
Apparently this has been going around the Okanagan...

Let me describe the sickness I just had.
First, try to remember the worst flu you ever had.
Next, remember the worst cold you ever had.
Then, remember the worst cough you ever had.
Now imagine having those all at the same time.
But wait, let me get downright descriptive.
You know that taste you get right before you're about to throw up?
Imagine having that for at least 3 days straight.
You can barely eat, cause you "think" it won't stay down plus everything tastes so bad.
Your fever gets so high that you have hallucinations (yes, I saw a white light).
You feel your heart just a pounding and wonder if it will be able to take it.
The headaches are so bad that it feels like the acetaminophen isn't doing anything at all.
You have that fever but you also feel cold - hot and cold at the same time.
It comes in waves, like a fishing boat off the coast of Newfoundland being rocked by 30 foot squalls.
The cough isn't normal at all.
It lasts for 5 to 20 seconds, it's violent and uncontrollable.
When done, it feels like someone has kicked you in the chest and broke some of your ribs.
That happens several times a day.
Speaking of your body, it feels like you've just run a marathon, every muscle is sore as well as you got pain in your joints. Some of your muscles actually spasm, twitch uncontrollably for a few seconds.
Your cognitive ability is degraded. That is, you can't seem to think very well nor understand what someone says all the time.
Remember how slow the Ents (tree creatures) were in Lord of The Rings?
You're a sick Ent. You're lying on the couch and you feel like you want something to drink.
10 minutes later, you're still on the couch. Eventually, you get up and slowly make your way to the kitchen.
If you're lucky, you don't have one of those violent coughing attacks while you're carrying your glass of Fresca back to the living room - for there's no way you will be able to hold on to it.
You will also spend a significant amount of time in the bathroom - but I won't go into details there.
Supposedly, this "super" bug lasts 3-7 days.

I've had the same thing for the past 5 days, it's going around a lot up here in Dawson Creek. We've been getting really weird weather lately -30 to -40 for a couple days then up to +5 a day or so later.
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.