33 replies to this topic

#1 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

i know how this will get responded to, given that CDC could never accept Cory (or any Canuck) getting shipped intra division.

I dont expect many to be on board with this trade, but I personally feel that Iggy is the kind of guy we should be looking for if we are to trade either goalie before the playoffs. Flames are in rebuild mode and would love to have someone to fill im Kippers shoes. The stars did a similar trade with Iggy that got them a cup. This has to be top priority. Our team has struggled with post season secondary scoring in the past and Jarome with Kesler and Booth would be a nightmare second line for the likes of Chicago and San Jose.

Optimistically, Iggy has 4 good years left and could help us dominate until his career is done.

As for trading one of our goalies, I fear that presently the demand for a great semi young goalie in Schneider is not enough to land us the prospect/ picks most here would expect. Why not go older with a HOFer?

I know that more salary would have to be moved. I know that teams dont like blockbusters in their own comference, let alone division. Who cares. Even if CS ends up a vezina contender for the next 10-15 years, winning a cup would make it worth it. We've done fine against Kipper since hes been an elite goalie.

Even with Kes and Booth back and playing well, I think MG needs to think big. He tried with Sundin and it didnt work out, but that was a whole different scenario. Maybe Iggy has no interest in finishing his career here. Maybe Cgy has no interest in CS. But looking at calgarys predicament in the standings and how theyve finished the last few years theyd be foolish not to think about trading him. Im sure Iggy would like to win a cup.
Posted Image

#2 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

POPULAR

:picard:

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

So we trade our 'starter' not only to a divisional rival but for a player who's contract is up after this season and there's a good chance he won't re-sign with us?

Seriously people, think before you post.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 09 February 2013 - 12:43 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Luongo, maybe, because they have similar age/cap hits..... but even then, it would be awkward seeing the Flames 6+ times a year
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#5 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

:picard:

Posted Image

#6 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

NO and NO.. Never help the flames out let them stay near the bottom, just far enough to keep their fans quiet..
Say we do trade for him straight up for schneider and daniel gets cheap shotted again before playoffs. We get knocked out first round and just made our division tougher, you never go make or break as the cost of your future, you never know what can happen.
Second say we do win a cup this year with him, then 3 years later flames win another cup with schneider leading the way. You would never hear the end of it from there fans, something I am not up for dealing with anymore.

#7 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

``

Edited by nuckin_futz, 09 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#8 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'm just gonna go ahead and post this ninja

:ph34r:

Edited by Tystick, 09 February 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

no thanks jeff

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

N-O-T
A
C-H-A-N-C-E

zackass.png

#11 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

we should throw in the sedins and maybe a couple of first rounders to sweeten the pot.
Posted Image

#12 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

How about

Schneider a 1st for Baertschi and Iginla.

One star goalie is far more valuable to a team than 1 star forward, and gives them a better chance to win Cups on a consistent basis. Plus Kipper is just about finished.

Maybe throw in Raymond to even it up, but honestly Schneider should be able to get those 2 players by himself. Can't reitterate the importance of a good young goalie in this league and his value to a team compared to just a couple of forwards. Simply, having Lundqvist on your team with no offensive stars gives you a better chance to win a Cup than having Kane and Toews but a crap goalie.
Posted Image

#13 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Luongo, maybe, because they have similar age/cap hits..... but even then, it would be awkward seeing the Flames 6+ times a year

Hey, I wanna sign your thing to ban Kings of ES!

#14 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Just the thought of playing against Cory for a decade give me shivers esp since Iggy would be long gone. Rather do someone of a similar age. Btw, Kipper is "only" 36 and seems to have lots of hockey left in him.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#15 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

This could possibly be the most stupid trade proposal I have ever seen on CDC... And that is saying a lot!

Schneids for Selanne, maybe? Komasarek?

Stop posting proposals, dude.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#16 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

How about

One star goalie is far more valuable to a team than 1 star forward, and gives them a better chance to win Cups on a consistent basis. Plus Kipper is just about finished.

Maybe throw in Raymond to even it up, but honestly Schneider should be able to get those 2 players by himself. Can't reitterate the importance of a good young goalie in this league and his value to a team compared to just a couple of forwards. Simply, having Lundqvist on your team with no offensive stars gives you a better chance to win a Cup than having Kane and Toews but a crap goalie.

How about we're never trading Schneider or Luongo to a divisional rival so any proposition is irrelevant

#17 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

How about

Schneider to St. Kilda for Riewoldt?

:lol:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#18 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Just so I have this straight, you're wanting to trade our number 1 goalie for the next 7 to 10 years to a divisional rival for a player well past his prime who may play at most another couple of years?

First, you're about 5 years late with this thread. Have you actually watched Iggy play in the last 2 years?

Secondly, and I can't stress this enough, just NO!

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#19 rb4u

rb4u

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's times like these when I'm glad that the management of the club is in good hands... :picard:

#20 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Just so I have this straight, you're wanting to trade our number 1 goalie for the next 7 to 10 years to a divisional rival for a player well past his prime who may play at most another couple of years?

First, you're about 5 years late with this thread. Have you actually watched Iggy play in the last 2 years?

Secondly, and I can't stress this enough, just NO!

We have a starter for the next 7-10 years. You know? The one under contract for that long whose a future HOFer? I have seen Iggy play the last few years and he can still dominate a game. I dont know what teams are offering for Cory or Lu but the sooner we dont do something the sooner Cory can walk. There are lots of other cheaper options teams can go for if they need to try something out. Look what tampa did with Lindback. They had the assets to get Lu or Cory but didnt bite. If tgis saga drags on 2 more seasons after this we lose Cory as a UFA. Look what Halak fetched MTL. People here propose for unproven prospects who would add very little to our cuurent cup chances. Id rather mortgage the future and go big. As I already said, we face elite goalies all the time. Cory is great, but so is Kipper. Cgy is not going anywhere fast but they need to rebuild and if all parties were on board I think it primes us for a cup run. It worked for Dallas. Dont you guys want a cup? Our team needs more offensive firepower.

Edited by cdubuya, 09 February 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Posted Image

#21 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Dp

Edited by cdubuya, 09 February 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Posted Image

#22 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Kipper is the guy there!!!! Shniders agent would crap a brick if his cleint went from sitting 70% of the games to 90%of the games.

If Iggy gets traded which I highly doubt I could see Bostin being a really good fit. Man that would be scary.

#23 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

So we trade our 'starter' not only to a divisional rival but for a player who's contract is up after this season and there's a good chance he won't re-sign with us?

Seriously people, think before you post.

Schneider is not the Canucks' starter. I also agree with the OP; that would be the trade that puts the Canucks over the top. Iginla is exactly what the Canucks need. He turns it up a couple of notches in the playoffs and he's another player that doesn't take any BS from anyone.

CGY
Schneider
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Iginla
1st

#24 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Schneider is not the Canucks' starter. I also agree with the OP; that would be the trade that puts the Canucks over the top. Iginla is exactly what the Canucks need. He turns it up a couple of notches in the playoffs and he's another player that doesn't take any BS from anyone.

CGY
Schneider
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Iginla
1st

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#25 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

Incidentally, this is exactly how I feel about you, SmashianKassian, Smurf47, oldnews, and any other who thinks Schneider is the future in Vancouver.

Not saying Schneider is going out, I'm just making sure you guys see proposals involving Schneider so that you keep an open mind regarding the matter. So far, your minds are stunningly closed.

#26 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Kipper is the guy there!!!! Shniders agent would crap a brick if his cleint went from sitting 70% of the games to 90%of the games.

If Iggy gets traded which I highly doubt I could see Bostin being a really good fit. Man that would be scary.

Schneider would also be a phenomenal acquisition by Boston; local goaltender? It would be great for them and I'm sure they'd pay a very good price for him. Rask would be dealt with accordingly.

#27 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Incidentally, this is exactly how I feel about you, SmashianKassian, Smurf47, oldnews, and any other who thinks Schneider is the future in Vancouver.

Not saying Schneider is going out, I'm just making sure you guys see proposals involving Schneider so that you keep an open mind regarding the matter. So far, your minds are stunningly closed.

I'm a huge Lu fan but I still think he will be traded. Though I agree with you it's not set in stone and it's not completely out of the question that Schneider gets traded, though I will be really surprised if that happens.

#28 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Schneider to St. Kilda for Riewoldt?

:lol:

English please.
Posted Image

#29 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Its posts like these that make me want to bash my head against a cement wall. Seriously, how blind/dumb/ignorant do you have to be to think Schneider doesn't have a future in Vancouver?

#30 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

On paper Schneider is worth a hell of a lot more than Iginla. But I don't think we're going to get fair value for him. Come this offseason cuts our gonna have to be made to our salary.

Teams are much more likely to try and aquire a cheaper option than Lu or Cory. You don't need elite goaltending to win a cup. You just need a hot goaltender and a great team. So when guys that are much cheaper to aquire (but not technically are as good as our two goalies) could be acquired why would GMs sell their farm to get them.

Look what Mike Smith has done for phx.
Canucks are at a crossroads. Theres very little demand for our tenders. I'm not saying to give them away but if we could get someone like Iggy that helped us win a cup I think it would be worth it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.