The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo After Hours

Edler's Mind Tricks

Best Luongo interview I've ever watched. He's a totally different person than when he first signed here.

It seems like he has really matured and he is a lot more chill now. He doesn't take himself too seriously and he recognizes that he's one member of a larger team.

It is really admirable to witness his transformation and how he has handled this situation. Ton of respect for him. If there is a way for us to keep him for the rest of the season I'd love for us to do that. Let him get one last crack at the Cup in a Canucks jersey

"They love their backups in Vancouver, that's why I'm a fan favourite right now" - Luongo

It was funny to paint the whole fan scenario in a light hearted way, but a part of me really thinks he is fed up with this fanbase which is 100% warranted from him

good interview, luongo showed more personality in those few minutes than the last 4 years combined

i respect scott oake for trying to coax personality out of the most boring athletes on the planet, and i respect his attempts at humanizing athletes and bringing them down to our level, but as another poster said, he's very awkward about it. after hours, in theory, seems like a good idea, but week after week it's almost embarrassing to view it

Really great to see a very high profile and highly paid athlete get it.

Took him a few years and a lot of trials and tribulations:heartache,injuries,professional success and loss,marriage,children,etc..

After watching his renaissance season and seeing that interview it is hard to believe Gillis.org would ditch him for a goalie with one playoff victory to his name.

Archived