The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Funny how much complaining goes on regarding the Canucks prospect pool, but when you get down to it, when you look at the Canucks vs Leafs prospect pool, even if you disregard the fact the Leafs have been selecting much higher in the draft, I have to say that Morgan Rielly aside there's not a single player I would take one for one for any of Schroeder, Lack, Jensen, Corrado or Gaunce.

So by the sounds of it mg is giving away an elite goalie with a fantastic cap hit away for a third liner at best, a prospect that will never play in the NHL and a 2nd round pick that he'll ultimately use on a terrible prospect

Funny how much complaining goes on regarding the Canucks prospect pool, but when you get down to it, when you look at the Canucks vs Leafs prospect pool, even if you disregard the fact the Leafs have been selecting much higher in the draft, I have to say that Morgan Rielly aside there's not a single player I would take one for one for any of Schroeder, Lack, Jensen, Corrado or Gaunce.

Good point.. I'd be tempted to do Schroeder for Kadri but I'm not entirely convinced Kadri is the better player when this is all said and done.

Gardiner is up there with our prospects as well.

They really don't have anything that I really want. Their first is the most intriguing piece if they won't give up Kadri Gardiner or Reilly

I guess we shall see. I'm with you in the sense that we shouldn't expect the world for Lu. But something like a Bozak, colbourne/finn/biggs/frattin and a conditional 1st would serve us well. The way Gillis operates suggests that he won't lower his price. That's just the kind of guy he is, his demeanor on this trade has literally not shifted a single bit

if gillis can't get what he wants from (the rumors) Toronto and Nonis.

then i say, wait until the off-season, where canucks management thinks that there's like 9 teams that would be interested. if they can't move luongo at that time. then the team is screwed. like, really in big trouble.

Two notes; Huet is of course a free agent. No charge other than contract. So does that mean framework to move a goalie is in place?

But playing in Europe, I'm pretty sure he has to clear waivers. It's almost like you have to pay him a decent wage so he clea"

Sorry man-it was a lame attempt at humour in referencing a pop band from that brutal decade of music, the 80's.

Two notes; Huet is of course a free agent. No charge other than contract. So does that mean framework to move a goalie is in place?

But playing in Europe, I'm pretty sure he has to clear waivers. It's almost like you have to pay him a decent wage so he clea"

Sorry man-it was a lame attempt at humour in referencing a pop band from that brutal decade of music, the 80's.

Anyone else getting a good laff out of the Laffs latest?

The whole 'we want Kipper' thing is just a little too contrived.

What part of Kipper's heart isn't in it don't they understand? I won't report. I have a new daughter and a family that is more important to me at this point.

Yet the Leafs keep trying to use him as a bargaining chip in the Luongo lowball saga.

A few problems with that dog and pony show: Kipper's been giving up 5 goals a night on a regular basis.

.873 sv %

His last playoff appearance was in 2008/9 when he had an .884 sv % and 3.52gaa.

The Leafs would rather give up a pick for a disinterested rental, than add a roster player and prospect and get themselves a cornerstone.

That's just too dumb, even for the Laffs.

I'm crossing my fingers the islanders come in and scoop up luongo before the leafs do. Reinhart 1st or something crazy haha I will bow to gillis if he hits a home run with someone other than Toronto

Future top 4

Edler Tanev

Reinhart Corrado

Archived