92 replies to this topic

#61 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,128 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I like Booth's game - and I think he was a good fit with Schroeder and Raymond last night - however, imo Hansen fits even better on that line.
With the current roster, it is difficult to find a good fit for Booth - despite his and Kesler's injuries and the fact they haven't really had much time where they're healthy and playing together, it's still a little difficult to imagine the two developing great chemistry. Raymond could still be a good setup type player on that line, with Higgins going back to the wing with Hansen and Schroeder - but that then leaves Kassian out of the mix and on the fourth line. Personally I'm probably more inclined to consider Higgins a top six than most people on these boards, and with Kesler, those are two guys that are difficult to play against - with more scoring punch added to the bottom six, I think it's a good trade off.
When it comes down to who's the odd man out - between Higgins, Booth and Raymond, it's a tough decision imo, particularly when cap considerations are taken into account. If Raymond and Higgins were to re-sign to terms comparable to what they are currently making, I don't think it's out of the question that Booth could be moved for a center or RW, particularly if a Luongo deal doesn't appear to be materializing.
I could see a deal like Booth and Weise for Chris Neil and Zack Smith being a move that could work for both teams.
The Sens are very thin at LW, and even moreso without Michalek - they have considerable young wealth at C - and Weise could bridge the loss of Neil.
If Booth were to be moved, imo it should be to add a depth RW like Neil, and a young depth center (Smith is also a good young faceoff guy and strong physical presence) - Booth's power and upside would be missed, but imo we'd be adding strength where needed. The fourth line becomes a line with even more physical presence (add 400+ hits to the lineup), but also a couple affordable players who combined for 27 goals and 54 points last year (and I'm always a fan of having 5 centers in the lineup).
Booth may be the value it would take, without crippling the depth on the roster - with the young Canucks rookies playing well, and Jensen knocking on the door, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of cap shed.

Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Smith/Lapierre Neil
Volpatti (Jensen)

Edited by oldnews, 22 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#62 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

My complaint is he doesnt have soft hands he seems to lean heavily on his stick..looks like it is holding him up at times.

I agree with everyone who commented before me this is just what I notice but it is early... for him : )

I'm with in the sense that he's not the best passer on the team, but I think he has some decent puck skills and he's shown it on many of his goals. He also has a wickedly hard wrist shot and i think that along with his speed is a major threat for other teams.

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

#63 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

If MG trades either of our goalies to a division rival he should be fired. Van would pay for that trade for a long time.

And, Yete...what a twit. Yeah, let's trade a guy two games after he has returned from an injury. Ever heard of giving a guy a chance to get into game shape? Stunning.

I'm not talking about saying we should do that trade right now it can wait, we aren't trading to make the playoff we do trade to win de Cup. Why Mike Gillis should be fired? If we win the Cup this year or the next year, I don't know about you but I won't mind if Schneider shutout the Canucks every games he play against us, samething if Booth have an hat trick, even if we lost in the Stanley Cup Finals and let say we lost in the conference final, I'll still be happy with that trade, why, because I don't see what more we could do to win now, if we aren't winning now, it will only mean our core group won't be good enough to win it.

I like it but teams rarely trade withinin divisions but since they are desperate it might work.

Division rivals or not, when a deal improve both team, I don't get why they won't do it. If we have an other great run in the playoff, we will say we got what we was hoping for. On their side the Flames if they can get something good in return of Kiprusoff, they can make the playoffs on a regular basis for the next 5 years they would also get what they want.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#64 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

I wish I was around for the minus button.

Ah Jim

It was you who broke it ......don't you remember?

You had to get reconstructive surgery to your index finger after handing out all these minuses to anyone who thought Raymond was good enough for this team. :rolleyes:
Kevin.jpg

#65 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Playoff's games are way different than the games played in the regular season, he never played in the playoffs before.

Mike Cammalleri, 1st time in the playoffs, in 6 games with the Flames, he only scored one goal, the year after, 2010, the Habs lost in 5 in the Conference Finals against the Flyers, they played 19 games. The night the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, with his 13 goals, nobody scored more goal than him in the 2010 playoffs. In 2011 he scored 3 goals in 7 games against the Bruins.

One bad playoffs don't mean you are going to be bad for the rest of your career.

But if you want to talk about trade, we need to win now because our core isn't getting younger and we have to cut about 8m$ of our payroll for the next season.

Key name in the trade(GM are their to make it fair by adding draft pick and prospect)

Vancouver Canucks trade
- David Booth(4,25m$ 2 other seasons)
- Cory Schneider(4m$ 2 other seasons)
for
Calgary Flames give
- Michael Cammalleri(6m$ 1 other season)

Canucks
They receive a guy who can score goals in the playoffs, what they missed in the previous years, remember only 8 goals in the Stanley Cup Playoffs 2 years ago. We also cut 2,25m$ for the next season, knowing Malhotra's career is over, he won't be back, his 2,5m$ is gone to, so if we don't won the Cup this year, we would only have to cut about 3,25m$, so we could keep about the same group of players. No more goalie controversies.

Flames
They give a top 6 fowards and they receive one so, they don't lose too much, they spend less money on a foward and they add an extra contract year. In net, they get a way younger in Schneider(27 in a month), Kiprusoff(36), on their payroll they cut about 2m$, they also add an extra contract year. In my mind Kiprusoff is way better than what we saw in the previous seasons, he's just on a really bad team, so if he get healty in time for the trade deadline he could be really interesting for teams who aren't 100% about their keeper situation. One other year left to his contract, so if he do a good job they could keep him, on the business side he would only cost them 1,5m$, if not, they could remove his 5,8m$ from their payroll with one of ther 2 "free buyout".

I know they are our division rival, but take that out of your mind and I'm sure business side you'll be fine with that deal, of course it's a gamble, but we are there, we don't have too much time left for a Stanley Cup with our actual group.

Massive overpayment. If we trade Schneider we can get a better long term player than rental MC and we throw in booth too?? Brutal.... The only way anyone is getting Schneider is if a bluechip youngster is coming back.

#66 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Booth is listed as 6 feet and over 210 pounds...but somehow he looks fragile and falls as easily as Raymond.

#67 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Booth is listed as 6 feet and over 210 pounds...but somehow he looks fragile and falls as easily as Raymond.

Right, because Booth is so fragile that he isn't afraid power to power his way to the net :rolleyes:

Edited by Bieksa's Quote, 23 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Visit my new Hockey Blog: Five for Roughing!

5ADBI4.jpg

fiveforroughing.wordpress.com

#68 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Massive overpayment. If we trade Schneider we can get a better long term player than rental MC and we throw in booth too?? Brutal.... The only way anyone is getting Schneider is if a bluechip youngster is coming back.

That's why I've said the GM was there to make it a fair deal, does anyone here really know all the Flames prospect and who should we try to get in that deal, I'm pretty sure nobody here can tell me the right name, that's why teams have scouts to know all those players, ;)

You say Cammalleri his a rental, he still have another year left to his contract, so he won't be gone after this year. I'm sure after playing let's say a full season and a quarter and two times in the playoffs, maybe like many other players on our team will accept to take a discount to be on a great team who can win the Cup.

Do you remember we traded Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson for Booth. Sturm play in the DEL and is back with the Wings, so even if we "overpay" for Cammalleri, at least we have him for another full season.

With our actual group if we don't win in the next 3 years, including the actual season, I don't see our team beeing cup contender for the at least next 4 following years.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#69 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

this thread is useless. You don't trade Booth when his value is low. If the Canucks are going anywhere this post-season, they'll need him to get streaky at the right time.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#70 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Woah there cowboy.............looks fragile? Are you serious? He may be suffering from his layoff but that will come back in a few games.
Ive just looked at to-day's behind the lens and that picture of Booth and Bieksa doing handstands shows he is one stacked MF!

My whole problem with Booth is he doesn't play smart.......so he doesn't get full value for his physique. He constantly tries to force his way up the boards when an early pass would free him to clatter the goal area unopposed.

Another thing is over here in soccer there are players who look slow tracking back compared to when they are attacking with the ball. Booth is a bit like that. He needs to realise it is also his job to get back to defend just as quickly as he goes the other way. He should watch Raymond, who busts a gut getting himself back in front of the puck.

Edited by Bodee, 24 February 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#71 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ah Jim

It was you who broke it ......don't you remember?

You had to get reconstructive surgery to your index finger after handing out all these minuses to anyone who thought Raymond was good enough for this team. :rolleyes:

I think you got the wrong guy on this one, because I have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by JimLahey, 24 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#72 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

There is a reason why we got him .. The powers that be knew he had an upside . We truly havent seen enough of him to know if he can show that consistency or not .. if he can get a little confidence going ,and with a little more patience we just may see his trade value go up .. right now I dont think you'd get much for him

#73 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Who would want booth?

#74 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well he does know a lot about bait.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#75 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

He could be but you're likely going to get an equivalent player or 2nd Round pick for him. To get something that would actually improve the team would cost us some long term assets.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#76 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Im still stumped why we signed this over priced wanna be, now its on our head cause I dont see any other team out there dumb enough to tie up 4+ mill on this guy..

But hey this is the same management that let Salo walk with his 3rd in league +/-, to sign garrison who will never ever fill salo's shoes.. and the reason why edler sucks this year, no steady salo

#77 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Im still stumped why we signed this over priced wanna be, now its on our head cause I dont see any other team out there dumb enough to tie up 4+ mill on this guy..

But hey this is the same management that let Salo walk with his 3rd in league +/-, to sign garrison who will never ever fill salo's shoes.. and the reason why edler sucks this year, no steady salo

Edler sucks so much he was a +1 in an 8-3 loss.

I'm as big of a Salo fan as anyone but to be honest it was the right time to let him go he's not getting any younger and he's been injury prone his whole career.

Also we didn't sign Booth we got rid of a useless Sturm and average Samuelsson to get him fair trade IMO.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#78 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Booth should think about retirement. He just finds way to keep himself out of the lineup....

#79 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

we all know what the Canucks need that's a legit sniper/ game changer

still the canucks lack in a game changer.....

I don't get the point of having this guy on the team

it seems like he is out of touch .......before you say oh he just got back give him time

how much time does he need to adjust to the System

last years playoffs when it really matters he was a -1 in 5 games against the kings

so bottom line I don't see the point in having booth on the team hes another kesler why do we need two players like this
darn it gillis get a sniper!

- Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Henrik Sedin are all game-changing forwards. Not many teams can throw out that much offensive fire power.

- Booth is here as a complimentary forward, who brings speed, size and secondary scoring. Don't expect any more/any less.

- He hasn't even played 60 games for this team yet.... And hes produced at a very reasonable rate during that time... (don't know what you are really expecting from him?)

- News flash: Kassian was the only + player for us in that series. Give your head a shake

- Also, people complain because Booth shoots too much... isn't that a quality of a sniper?...

#80 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Also, people complain because Booth shoots too much... isn't that a quality of a sniper?...

-Snipers score goals,

#81 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think you got the wrong guy on this one, because I have no clue what you're talking about.

Apologies my friend. Someone has a name very much like yours. If it wasn't for the fact it isn't allowed I would say the exact same name.

http://forum.canucks...4448-jim-lahey/

Edited by Bodee, 25 February 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#82 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Also we didn't sign Booth we got rid of a useless Sturm and average Samuelsson to get him fair trade IMO.

But we took booth and his $4 million salary. Don't we know a salary dump when we see one?

#83 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

- Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Henrik Sedin are all game-changing forwards. Not many teams can throw out that much offensive fire power. .

And I'd like to see some of that firepower this season.

#84 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,949 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

But we took booth and his $4 million salary. Don't we know a salary dump when we see one?

We unloaded 4.5M in salary took back 4.25M You don't dump that much salary on Florida expecting not to take the same Salary back. But please tell me what better deal you could get for Samuelsson and Sturm, I'd love to see your answer...

RIP Luc Bourdon

#85 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

We unloaded 4.5M in salary took back 4.25M You don't dump that much salary on Florida expecting not to take the same Salary back. But please tell me what better deal you could get for Samuelsson and Sturm, I'd love to see your answer...

Yes and booth had four years left on his contract, and sturm and Samuelson were both free agents at the end of the season.

So we took on a long term expensive contract for a garbage player and they took on nothing,

#86 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yes and booth had four years left on his contract, and sturm and Samuelson were both free agents at the end of the season.

So we took on a long term expensive contract for a garbage player and they took on nothing,

Same thing we did with Ballard. And garrison. I case you were wondering. Our role now seems to consist of taking overpriced players off of florida's hands.

#87 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

it was a great thing
Posted Image

#88 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

What's with the love fest and Booth on this board ? I really don't see anything special with him? In my mind Higgins has a lot more heart, try and consistency . The stats aren't too far off either, i'll take a Higgins to get his face dirty over a Booth any day of the week, at least you know the effort will always be there.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#89 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

And I'd like to see some of that firepower this season.

Daniel and Henrik are both floating around PPG and Kesler has 4 points in 6 games (after returning from major injury).

What more could you ask for?!?

#90 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

What's with the love fest and Booth on this board ? I really don't see anything special with him? In my mind Higgins has a lot more heart, try and consistency . The stats aren't too far off either, i'll take a Higgins to get his face dirty over a Booth any day of the week, at least you know the effort will always be there.

Booth also has played <60 games for this hockey club, and misses major time to 2 different injuries since being here...

But yeah lets write him off...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.