The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

can David Booth be used as trade bait?

yete

I'm no fan of Booth but if he is picked by the coach and giving 100% then I'm fine with that. We can't have one standard for our favourites and another for players we don't particularly "get"

I thought Booth had a decent game last night against tricky opponents especially considering he is coming off an injury.

For me he is like a puppy. He has got all the energy and enthusiasm, he's fearless and is always full on ............all he needs is a coach who can harness these qualities and channel them in a more effective way.

Booth is probably our best forward outside the Sedins and Kesler. Just wait for him to find his finish and he'll be outscoring all our secondary scorers. He could have had a hat-trick tonight if he had his finish and timing down pat, especially on the back-door play, breakaway and one timer from the slot.

wtf is it with people ragging on booth? He's playing his heart out every shift and getting sh*t done. What do you want from the guy? He's a great guy and you can obviously tell from all the interviews. He's always got a smile on his face in the locker room and you can tell that everybody loves having him around. He skates with speed, and always looks dangerous when he's flying down the wing. He also stands up for teammates when need be and lately he's been throwing his weight around like a translink bus. If everybody shows as much heart as he does game in and game out we'd be on top of the league.

we all know what the Canucks need that's a legit sniper/ game changer

still the canucks lack in a game changer.....

I don't get the point of having this guy on the team

it seems like he is out of touch .......before you say oh he just got back give him time

how much time does he need to adjust to the System

last years playoffs when it really matters he was a -1 in 5 games against the kings

so bottom line I don't see the point in having booth on the team hes another kesler why do we need two players like this

darn it gillis get a sniper!

we all know what the Canucks need that's a legit sniper/ game changer

still the canucks lack in a game changer.....

I don't get the point of having this guy on the team

it seems like he is out of touch .......before you say oh he just got back give him time

how much time does he need to adjust to the System

last years playoffs when it really matters he was a -1 in 5 games against the kings

so bottom line I don't see the point in having booth on the team hes another kesler why do we need two players like this

darn it gillis get a sniper!

Playoff's games are way different than the games played in the regular season, he never played in the playoffs before.

Mike Cammalleri, 1st time in the playoffs, in 6 games with the Flames, he only scored one goal, the year after, 2010, the Habs lost in 5 in the Conference Finals against the Flyers, they played 19 games. The night the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, with his 13 goals, nobody scored more goal than him in the 2010 playoffs. In 2011 he scored 3 goals in 7 games against the Bruins.

One bad playoffs don't mean you are going to be bad for the rest of your career.

But if you want to talk about trade, we need to win now because our core isn't getting younger and we have to cut about 8m$ of our payroll for the next season.

Key name in the trade(GM are their to make it fair by adding draft pick and prospect)

Vancouver Canucks trade

- David Booth(4,25m$ 2 other seasons)

- Cory Schneider(4m$ 2 other seasons)

for

Calgary Flames give

- Michael Cammalleri(6m$ 1 other season)

Canucks

They receive a guy who can score goals in the playoffs, what they missed in the previous years, remember only 8 goals in the Stanley Cup Playoffs 2 years ago. We also cut 2,25m$ for the next season, knowing Malhotra's career is over, he won't be back, his 2,5m$ is gone to, so if we don't won the Cup this year, we would only have to cut about 3,25m$, so we could keep about the same group of players. No more goalie controversies.

Flames

They give a top 6 fowards and they receive one so, they don't lose too much, they spend less money on a foward and they add an extra contract year. In net, they get a way younger in Schneider(27 in a month), Kiprusoff(36), on their payroll they cut about 2m$, they also add an extra contract year. In my mind Kiprusoff is way better than what we saw in the previous seasons, he's just on a really bad team, so if he get healty in time for the trade deadline he could be really interesting for teams who aren't 100% about their keeper situation. One other year left to his contract, so if he do a good job they could keep him, on the business side he would only cost them 1,5m$, if not, they could remove his 5,8m$ from their payroll with one of ther 2 "free buyout".

I know they are our division rival, but take that out of your mind and I'm sure business side you'll be fine with that deal, of course it's a gamble, but we are there, we don't have too much time left for a Stanley Cup with our actual group.

Seriously? There was hardly a training camp and both Booth and Kesler were not overseas playing. I bring Kesler into this discussion as well because he hasn't been performing up to snuff either, however it's expected, both players suffered injuries causing them to be out multiple weeks and having them out caused us to lose two key players and basically a scoring line. Meanwhile they were out the lines we had had developed some chemistry even with AV's mix-ups, however now that Booth and Kesler are back they've messed that up so to speak. However give it some patience (something some Canuck fans do not possess) and they'll get their groove back. This is my take on this situation anyways. OP should complain about Garrison's lack of productivity and aim, should take a page out of Juice's book and snipe like in Chicago.

I'm no fan of Booth but if he is picked by the coach and giving 100% then I'm fine with that. We can't have one standard for our favourites and another for players we don't particularly "get"

I thought Booth had a decent game last night against tricky opponents especially considering he is coming off an injury.

For me he is like a puppy. He has got all the energy and enthusiasm, he's fearless and is always full on ............all he needs is a coach who can harness these qualities and channel them in a more effective way.

This guy is notorious for being a super troll. However, one gets the funny feeling he is actually serious.

If so, his brains have leaked out of his ear holes. I'm not even going to diginify most of the drivel with a response but sure Booth could be used for trade bait but I don't think you're gettting much better than him back in return, and even if we did trade him we still are short a second liner. The only way that would work is if we somehow packaged him up for a very good seond liner. Then we could play one of our 85 third liners on the second line like MG and AV seem to like.

Playoff's games are way different than the games played in the regular season, he never played in the playoffs before.

Mike Cammalleri, 1st time in the playoffs, in 6 games with the Flames, he only scored one goal, the year after, 2010, the Habs lost in 5 in the Conference Finals against the Flyers, they played 19 games. The night the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, with his 13 goals, nobody scored more goal than him in the 2010 playoffs. In 2011 he scored 3 goals in 7 games against the Bruins.

One bad playoffs don't mean you are going to be bad for the rest of your career.

But if you want to talk about trade, we need to win now because our core isn't getting younger and we have to cut about 8m$ of our payroll for the next season.

Key name in the trade(GM are their to make it fair by adding draft pick and prospect)

Vancouver Canucks trade

- David Booth(4,25m$ 2 other seasons)

- Cory Schneider(4m$ 2 other seasons)

for

Calgary Flames give

- Michael Cammalleri(6m$ 1 other season)

Canucks

They receive a guy who can score goals in the playoffs, what they missed in the previous years, remember only 8 goals in the Stanley Cup Playoffs 2 years ago. We also cut 2,25m$ for the next season, knowing Malhotra's career is over, he won't be back, his 2,5m$ is gone to, so if we don't won the Cup this year, we would only have to cut about 3,25m$, so we could keep about the same group of players. No more goalie controversies.

Flames

They give a top 6 fowards and they receive one so, they don't lose too much, they spend less money on a foward and they add an extra contract year. In net, they get a way younger in Schneider(27 in a month), Kiprusoff(36), on their payroll they cut about 2m$, they also add an extra contract year. In my mind Kiprusoff is way better than what we saw in the previous seasons, he's just on a really bad team, so if he get healty in time for the trade deadline he could be really interesting for teams who aren't 100% about their keeper situation. One other year left to his contract, so if he do a good job they could keep him, on the business side he would only cost them 1,5m$, if not, they could remove his 5,8m$ from their payroll with one of ther 2 "free buyout".

I know they are our division rival, but take that out of your mind and I'm sure business side you'll be fine with that deal, of course it's a gamble, but we are there, we don't have too much time left for a Stanley Cup with our actual group.

I'm curious to see what Booth can bring us. He had a much better night last night. He was going well when he went down with a knee injury last season and never seemed to get back to form. He may still prove to be a 30 goal scorer. I like his size and speed, if only he'd use both more effectively.

Archived